• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Status Announcement

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So since life seems to enjoy screwing me sometimes, another member of my family has been hit with health issues. My mother, who works in the medical field, discovered a cancerous growth inside her body a little while ago. Thankfully, due to her own expertise, along with the sheer luck that she was performing an ultrasound scan while sitting up as opposed to being scanned by someone else while lying down, she was able to discover the otherwise obscured tumor before it began to cause any serious adverse effects.

On December 12th, she will be undergoing surgery in order to have the growth removed. After that, she will need to spend four days in the hospital followed by several weeks of recovery, at home. While no complications are likely, I will need to spend a lot of time with her in order to help out, since she won't be able to move too well for a bit. Because of this, I may have periods of inactivity for a day or two at a time. On top of this, in early January someone very close to me is coming to visit until the end of the month, and 99% of my time will likely be spent with them. This means I won't really be up to 100% efficiency until February, as at that point I will only have to deal with classes scattered throughout the week.

I am likely not taking some sort of hiatus, and I should still be present, at the very least, every other day or so. You should still feel free to message me with any sort of concerns, inquiries, or just to say hi. I simply wanted to give an explanation for if I suddenly disappear, and to let everyone know that it's (hopefully) fine.

Thank you for your time.

I am extremely sorry that you and your family are going this, though it's good to hear that she's getting quick and early treatment.

Thanks for trying to set aside time for your duties here, but if things start to get serious know that real life comes first. And if you need to be inactive longer then by all means do so to attend to your loved ones.

Again best of wishes to you and great appreciation for letting us know and still being willing to work hard during these times.

I wish the very best to you, Azathoth. I hope it all goes well, and that you and your mother stay safe.

Don't worry about becoming inactive on the website, family should always come first, specially in such a situation.

Wish your mother well, and that she can return to health.

@Peter

Thanks, man. I hope your mother gets better, as well.

@Ryu

Greatly appreciated. Like I said, the surgery itself shouldn't be too complicated and will likely go off without a hitch, but I'll still have to care for her while she recovers. I thank you for your sentiments.

Thanks for the hard work and for trying to continue to do so despite your loaded schedule. Best of luck to you, your visitor, and most especially your mother.

Worry not about the wiki's wellbeing in your every-other-day absence. We'll keep it from burning down in a fiery display worthy of the ultimate campfire song.

Unfortunately I know what it's like to have a parent who is not in the best of conditions either. I hope your mother's recovery is swift and well, and I wish the best for you and your family too.

@Everyone

The sentiments mean so much to me, so I sincerely want to thank everyone. Like I said, I'm hoping everything goes well, but I just thought it would be best to let you all know.

It pains me to see a hardworker such as yourself have to deal with something like this, but nontheless I'm certain that you'll be able to push through this situation and rise above it. And if being inactive helps you, then please by all means go for it. But we're also here for you too, so if you need any guidance or advice. Feel free to ask, you have my best of wishes Az.

This is extremely sad to hear, i wish the best to you and your mother, hope she recovers well.

This sounds truly awful, man. I'm glad that your mother is most likely going to be okay, but that still sounds heart wrenching. I sincerely hope everything works out for the best.

Sad to hear about you mother, hope she gets well soon. Take care, man.

I'd also like to give my condolances and best of wishes to everyone else here who has a loved one with health issues. Along with my respect for being able to pull through and be strong for those that need you to be.

Your mother is extremely lucky to have found out about the tumour cuz in most cases people do not find out untill its too late.

I wish her a good luck for the whole operation procedure followed by a speedy recovery.

I hope that you and the rest of your family get through this whole event with as little stress as possible.

All shall be well.

I feel sympathy for your mother and what you going through at this time. I recall that not all tumors instantly mean cancer has developed or formed as tumors can be noncancerous or cancerous depending on the case, but it is better to get it treated sooner than later before any kind of cancer begins to develop over that infected spot and spreading from that spot. Not to mention diseases could also get in if they have the chance to so. Fortunately there are prodecures when doing a surgery that lessen the chances of getting diseases.

Anyway I hope things will turn out better for you and your family.

Man, if being concerned about the health of your family merits you not being "effective here," then don't do anything here at all, go do what you need to do bud.

I hope your mother gets better, I know how it is to have a loved one in the hospital.

I hope your mother gets through this well, I'm glad she was able to catch it early. I also hope you can and do have a good time with your friend(?).

My own mom was in the same situation yours is in now a few years ago, so my condolences.

I wish the best possible future for you and your family, and the best health for your mother. Hope everything turns out ok.

Back