• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Status Announcement

I hope the recovery goes well. Considering she is works in the medical field, I bet that will be the case. I notice how recoveries do take a month to fully heal, though I do wonder why I only notices these things happening to others on December through January?

Update: I have spent the entire day at the hospital due to the surgery taking longer than initially anticipated. The tumor was removed successfully, though the doctor is going to run an x-ray tomorrow to see if further operation is necessary, as there is a chance the large intestine may have become too narrowed and, if so, it will need to be corrected. While not overly risky, this would increase my mother's recovery time, so we're hoping it's not the case. Regardless, I will be returning to the hospital early in the morning and likely remain there for the whole day, again.

Completely understandable. Please, take as much time as you need. Your mom needs your support right now.

Aye as Rep said, Azzy. Go and be with your mom, dude. She'll need any support there when she'll be able to recover and whatnot.

Hope things go well with her over there too at that. It's good to hear that she had the tumor removed successfully.

@Azzy Like the others said, glad the tumor removal was a success and hopefully everything else goes fine as well.

Again thanks for the updates and trying to work hard still, but again if being for your mother means going full inactive without warning, don't worry about it. This comes first.

I am happy the surgery was succesful.

Take however long you wish with taking care of your mom, family should always take priority over this website.

Take care.

That's great Azzy ^^ take your time theses things are more important

Splendid. I am relieved that the surgery was successful. But you should be with your mom. I agree with Matt.

Just like eveyone else, I'm glad the surgery went well. Don't not fret, there are things more important than this. Give your mother all the comfort she needs.

Congratulations azathoth I am very glad the surgery succeeded and the tumor was removed I advice you to stay with your mom and take care of hir and good luck

I am so happy for you Azzy. That's good news. With that, I have faith that my little sister-in-law's heart surgery will go swell. As LordAizenSama said, have faith in our doctors. :)

@Azathoth: Glad to hear that the surgery went well. My best wishes to your mother on a successful recovery. Also, stress can have adverse effects on a person, so take care of yourself as well, all right?

Update: Follow-up surgery was required. The good news is that this does not seem to increase the recovery time by a significant amount. The bad news is this seems to have increased my mother's level of pain and discomfort, and they've run (I am not ******* kidding) almost ten x-rays of varying length since then to make sure everything is alright. Still don't know the final results, and the doctor has visited maybe once over the past few days while no one but my mother was present. She will likely be able to return home during next week, so that's nice, at least.

If my thought at any point seems a bit incoherent, it is probably because I have only slept in very, very short, broken-up segments since Monday, but hopefully I can convey things properly.

@Azzy I'm sorry that she's in pain and discomfort, but at least the doctors are extensively making sure she's alright. That way the most accurate prediction can be made and they'll be more prepared to do whatever they need to.

It's also good that she'll likely return next week.

But still, I am greatly sorry that you and the rest of you're family are going through this. And don't worry, your articulation and grammar is perfectly fine.

Again, best of wishes.

These similar situations of ours is making me worried. I wish that she didn't have to go through that. And I hope that Yeul doesn't have to go through that either. That will just increase the pressure.

Hopefully, everything will be smoother form this point onward. You and your family deserve the best and you are a wonderful person. I can only put more effort into keeping hope alive.

@Ryu

As always, I really appreciate it.

@Sera

Kindred spirits, my friend. I hope everything goes well for the both of us. Stay strong.

I hope everything goes good from now on. I'm glad she'll likely be able to return home soon.

I hear what's been going with you, Azzy, and I can only hope for the best.

I'm sorry that your mother has to be in pain, but I am happy that she is receiving the surgerys and the proper attention from the doctors. I can only hope that she returns to help, and that you and her can return to peace.

You have my best wishes, friend.

Update: Fluid did not appear to be properly draining from her system, and it was initially thought there was a blockage that would require a third operation. I was incredibly worried that in her state at the time, she could not handle three extensive operations within the span of a single week, and that it would quite literally kill her. However, a number of x-rays revealed the blockage was actually only swelling from irritation caused during the surgery, and that it would go down naturally. As of today, my mother is much more comfortable, able to actually walk, and expected to return home in a couple of days.

I'm so glad everything is going so smooth and pray that it remains this way. Nothing but love is coming your way! For you and your family. :)

This much be such an emotional rollercoaster for you and those around you right now, Azzy.

Again I am deeply sorry you have to go through this, but very happy that things are going good right now.

Best of wishes as always.

It's good to hear things seem to be on the upswing. I really can't imagine what the two of you and the rest of your family must have been going through, but I hope the recovery goes smoothly and you're able to rest easier now.

I second what Ryukama said. I still hope that matters will work out for the best.

Thx god things are getting better for Azzy. Hope your mother can make a great recovery

I not really good for this but I'm glad that everything is getting better I hope your mother will recover soon. and stay strong azzy :)

Glad to hear the news update. Best of luck to both you and your mother.

So my mother is finally back home and in her final stages of recovery, which is good. She won't be able to consume solid food for a few weeks, but other than that she is fine.

The more unfortunate news comes in regards to my own health. Prepare for some TMI. For those who don't know, I suffer from things such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, panic attacks, severe depression, etc. For the past several years, I have taken mood stabilizers and other such pills in order to keep it under control, and am currently attending CBT in an attempt to help with this. However, the events over the past week and a half have really taken their toll on me. I spent around 70+ hours total in the hospital taking care of my mother, only managed to acquire a minimal amount of actual sleep, and missed taking my meds on several instances. Because of this, I have noticed that my blood pressure has shot up, which considering my family history on my father's side, is not a good sign at all. There have been instances where I have had extreme trouble breathing, moving my muscles, and remaining standing. I have been trying to clear my head and better my physical and emotional state, which explains why I might still drop for a day or more at a time if I need time to myself.

I want to thank everyone for understanding and also for all the support over these past few weeks. I love this community and am so honored to be a part of it.

Ahh well it's good that your mother is well but…you are also now in a health issue yare yare. Dude I hope you get better yourself cause i had some depressions so take care man

Please take care of, and try not to overexert, yourself. Here are some things that I recommend to deal with depression and anxiety:

• Taking walks in the forest
  • Regular healthy whole body exercise, such as on a crosstrainer
  • Relaxing music such as "Chakra Sounds", and "Heart Chakra Meditation", by Karunesh; "Relaxing Ocean Waves", by Christopher Lloyd Clarke; and "Relieve Anxiety", by Kelly Howell.
  • Reading useful self-help books, such as "A New Earth", by Eckhart Tolle
  • Watching non-stressful, high quality, entertaining cartoons and TV shows
  • Possibly yoga, mediation, or massage, to get rid of tension

Do take care. I second everything Ant said. You are one of the best people I've ever met on the internet or otherwise and I hate to see you stressed out and depressed. Be careful Azzy.

Back