• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot a couple, actually. The Death Star, B-Wing and Interdictor stuff was largely ignored. I'd like more input there.

I gave the links and stuff a check and I would say I agree with them. Wish I could say more but I don't feel competently adequate about Star Wars yet to try that.

"Comparable, if not superior, to Ahsoka who blocked a blast of Sith Magic from Darth Sidious"

The wording should add how this was done briefly and how Sidious was attacking from another dimension, which kinda makes the feat completely unimpressive, we may as well add how Vader briefly survived Sidious' Force lightning before dying.

I have upgraded Luke, that seems non-controversial enough. It's only the Death Star, B-Wing and Interdictor stuff left to discuss now.

Also shamelessly promoting my CRT in case anyone missed it.

Eficiente said:
"Comparable, if not superior, to Ahsoka who blocked a blast of Sith Magic from Darth Sidious"
The wording should add how this was done briefly and how Sidious was attacking from another dimension, which kinda makes the feat completely unimpressive, we may as well add how Vader briefly survived Sidious' Force lightning before dying.
He fired through a portal (though he couldn't directly enter the realm) and she was using her telekinesis to stop it, not being electrocuted by force lightning.

Also I believe Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker should only be Unknow, at least Small Town level since we can't scale him to a casual Darth Vader.

ByAsura said:
He fired through a portal (though he couldn't directly enter the realm) and she was using her telekinesis to stop it, not being electrocuted by force lightning.
Him not being able to directly enter the realm where he threw his attacks is brow raising context, same with Ahsoka only doing that briefly, this are characters scaling to a more powerful character, stuff like this shouldn't be omitted.

Just a heads up, Matt Martin from the Lucas Film Story Group said that Palpatine draining Rey and Kylo amped him to become more powerful than he was in Revenge of the Sith.

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1222192955479379968

So Palpatine might need a new key, and before anyone is scalable to Palpatine's lightning storm feat, the novelization in early March needs to explicitly state that Palpatine was not amped beyond his normal levels.

@Efficiente How? He just used Sith magic and threw it through a portal to this realm. There's no evidence or indication that it's weaker and no real reason for it to be. She did it twice and parted the attack, it wasn't even that brief.

@ShadowWhoWalks That seems to be Matt's opinion. He says Palpatine seems stronger, not that he explicitly is.

There is also that city busting feat Post rebels Vader scales so maybe he should get at least 7-B possibly 7-A and anyone that scales?

In that case, it's probably this one "Put up a Force Shield which held for a bit against a tsunami powerful enough to wash away multiple AT-AT walkers and wreck a small city".

Previously the profile was split between post-Clone wars and A New Hope, so it's possible this is post-Rebels and I just didn't change it.

@KLOL You could make it if you want.

I would but for some reason my game is just flat-out refusing to run for me on my PC so I can't accurately gauge feats or even know what abilities to give him.

ByAsura said:
@Efficience How? He just used Sith magic and threw it through a portal to this realm. There's no evidence or indication that it's weaker and no real reason for it to be. She did it twice and parted the attack, it wasn't even that brief.
  • Sidious couldn't simply enter the place, and aiming to do that takes him effort, but he can somehow still attack the place and control those attacks. It makes pefect sense that those attacks would also take him effort.
  • Blocking that attack is eventually too much for Ahsoka, she says as much after 9 seconds of doing that but was always backing up from it.
  • Then she's briefly exhausted while Sidious is still kinda there, laughing.
  • She gets one arm harmed by that.
  • When Sidious' attack reaches Ezra it does no damage to him and it just tries to capture him.
  • Ahsoka didn't block that twice, when she approached to save Erza that fire meant to harm to her.
  • She then cut that rope of fire, which somehow harmed Sidious. We may as well add that to her AP given that we claim this fire to be at Sidious' level.
  • And this one should go without saying but Ahsola & Erza were escaping from the whole situation.
If you don't interpret anything of this context to matter then that's good, but other people may not, and they have valid reasons to do so. Going by what the profiles claim, Vader and her are just to defend themselves from attacks at Sidious' level as many times as they want because we fail to communicate the context behind this feat (which obviously doesn't just mean "let's add all the stuff I pointed out", but at least somehting).

Ok this thread is getting a bit messy here's what's left to be discussed in case people are confused:

• The Death Star, B-Wing and Interdictor stuff
  • Downgrading Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker
  • The City level thing (Darth Vader fought Momin in 12 BBY, so it is pre-Rebels but post 14 BBY)
  • The stuff Eficiente and ByAsura are debating

• Sidious couldn't simply enter the place, and aiming to do that takes him effort, but he can somehow still attack the place and control those attacks. It makes pefect sense that those attacks would also take him effort.
It would make sense, if it were implied by the episode at all. Sidious doesn't just fire a random blast of force lightning, he uses a form Sith Magic with a ritual in a cauldron, likely meaning it was designed to fire through the portal. And that's the other thing, he did it through a portal, it's irrelevant that he can't walk through the dimension.

What leads you to believe it took extra effort to get through the portal (as in, where's the evidence)? As you say later, he's laughing afterwards. You can't have your cake and eat it.

• Blocking that attack is eventually too much for Ahsoka, she says as much after 9 seconds of doing that but was always backing up from it.
  • Then she's briefly exhausted while Sidious is still kinda there, laughing.
  • She gets one arm harmed by that.
Ahsoka is also much weaker than Sidious, regardless. Blocking the attack is supporting evidence of her tier. She holds it for nine seconds because the attack recedes when Ezra (who's way less powerful) assists her.

He's clearly not exactly casual when he fires the attack and his entire plan was to gain unlimited power. It's highly unlikely, as cartoonish and evil as Palpatine is, that he would be holding back.

• When Sidious' attack reaches Ezra it does no damage to him and it just tries to capture him.
  • Ahsoka didn't block that twice, when she approached to save Erza that fire meant to harm to her.
  • She then cut that rope of fire, which somehow harmed Sidious. We may as well add that to her AP given that we claim this fire to be at Sidious' level.
  • And this one should go without saying but Ahsola & Erza were escaping from the whole situation.
That's because he was using Ezra to draw himself through, it broke his link when she severed it. There was no rope-like tendril against Ahsoka, and the Emperor's entire plan was to use Ezra, not her.

• QUI-GON: My power is but a reflection of the might of my Emperor. And yet, for all his might, he couldn't open the door, but Ezra could. Your friend is not safe beyond the veil. The door is open. The Emperor will find him. It's only a matter of time now.
If you don't interpret anything of this context to matter then that's good, but other people may not, and they have valid reasons to do so. Going by what the profiles claim, Vader and her are just to defend themselves from attacks at Sidious' level as many times as they want because we fail to communicate the context behind this feat (which obviously doesn't just mean "let's add all the stuff I pointed out", but at least somehting).

You're sort of implying context that isn't there, though. Yes, he fired it through from a different dimension, but it was through a portal and he's still firing it in the same manner even after his hand comes through.

No, the profiles are very clear that this strained her arm and Sidious is way more powerful.

I think it might actually refer to the flood on Vader's page. Let's wait for Iisdude1 to respond.

In that case, we've already discussed this. Post-Rebels Vader most likely scales, but you can see it doesn't take 1 shot and we don't know the size of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back