• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose. Photon Torpedoes are near baseline, as well, although it was casual.

I'm not sure. Is there any real reason to assume he can't be? There might be some explaination in the possible series that's coming out on Disney+.

Even if I tried, I couldn't outrun a blaster shot, not anymore. I'll never make it to Luke's side in time to save him.

I don't think so. He's slower, but not necessarily weaker in the force.

@Spino There's no source to that, and it very much could be considered non-canon as well.

Someone tell me again, can George Lucas's word still be taken as canon in the Disney continuity? This is the same guy that said that Vader is weaker when he got his life support suit.

Natse said:
Someone tell me again, can George Lucas's word still be taken as canon in the Disney continuity? This is the same guy that said that Vader is weaker when he got his life support suit.
I suppose if it does not contradict anything then it should be fine.

Anyway can this be applied or is more input needed?

Natse said:
George Lucas' statements and the movie novelizations are not canon as far as Disney is concerned.

https://twitter.com/allthingskenobi/status/1157024123186548736

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1209162626934034437

According to George Lucas, Anakin full potential is twice of that of Palpatine, but after getting his life support suit his potential was reduced by 60% and his full potential is now 80% of Palpatine. While Darth Vader lost some of his potential, the specifics of Anakin's potential (beside being higher than Palpatine's and Yoda's) and Vader losing most of his potential is not part of the Disney canon.

In the Disney canon, it is implied that Darth Vader's potential remains higher than Darth Sidious'. The Force Awakens' visual dictionary and Jedi: Fallen Order's tactical guide describes Darth Vader as the most powerful Sith. In a novel, Palpatine praises Darth Vader by saying that his power is unparalleled, in an other it is said that Darth Vader perfected his spirit through meditation and that his connection to the Force became even higher due to the pain and hatred caused by his injuries, in an other Palpatine is wary of Vader's potential and considers him a tiger being held by the tail. Star Wars: Everything You Need To Know ranks Darth Vader as a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine. In the comic, a Kyber Crystal shows Darth Vader a vision where he fights and kills Palpatine before begging Obi Wan for forgiveness.

Let's save Vader > Sidious for another thread. This is a Star Wars revision, but these discussions tend to go on for too long. Maybe we can even wait until the main points are concluded and bring it up in this one.

I'm not going to contest the other stuff, but Palpatine's power was unknown to the galaxy during Fallen Order. So it's possible they weren't including Palpatine, who they didn't even have an entry for in that tactical guide.

Vader certainly became stronger than Anakin after a while (at least by Lords of the Sith). This is consistently stated in canon.

"Palpatine's power was unknown to the galaxy during Fallen Order. So it's possible they weren't including Palpatine, who they didn't even have an entry for in that tactical guide."

It's pretty obvious this is the reason why they didn't. Palpatine doesn't even appear in the game so why would he get a profiile ? Besides this is also consistent with SW itself. Nobody knew Palpatine was a Sith at that time except for Vader, Tarkin, a few others in the Empire and Yoda and Obi-Wan. Vader was the only known user of the Force at the time and an extremely powerful Sith lord who had the reputation to have caused the Jedi Order to fall so of course, from Kal's and the other's perspective, he will be the most powerful being they ever met and even the most powerful Sith llord known in history.

But anyways, i agree that we should end this thread before discussing anything else.

I can't do it right now (tomorrow afternoon, maybe), but there seems to be enough input to make the changes.

Before that, there's still Shadow's stuff about Vader > Palpatine (which I highly disagree with, by the way).

Alright, I'll need Vader's page unlocked, though.

I've finished all the edits.

Should I close this, or does anyone have anything else to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back