• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revision: Darth Plagueis upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reppuzan said:
@Khr

No. Sidious became 4-B after killing Plagueis.

Vitiate's power also causes stars to burn black, worlds to turn to ash, and can consume galaxies with his rituals.
Read my most recent replies and i can assure you that you're not fully correct at all

@Repp yeah im with Meme on this one, using something Vitiate can allegedly do is not the best of arguments since he never actually did, would require insane prep to accomplish and would require massive sacrifices for the ritual.

I was asked to comment here, but do not really know Star Wars lore well enough to perform a good evaluation.

That said, I think that The Everlasting seems to make sense.

The only issue would be the supposed galactic tremor that followed Plagueis' death.

Also a lot of his Anti-Vitiate stuff is meaningless or out of context, it's the equivalent of me trying to say that Sidious is weak by going.

"Lol got beaten by Mace" "Lol failed to kill Luke" "Lol got harmed by a Blaster" "Lol got picked up and thrown by Vader".

Low-End stuff that is meaningless in the face of his actual feats will always be meaningless. The guy whose servants can mind control planetary populations having difficulty to mind control one person is PIS, the end.

Okay. Perhaps this thread should be closed then?

@Meme

Is there any reason you're assuming the Outlander is a Trooper? Because that's deliberately selling Vitiate short just so you can say he's weak.

Khristis said:
@MemeMan40 The word Corsair has not been mentioned in this thread, where Naga Sadow used the Sith Crystals attached onto it to drastically increase his Force Power, and cause a star to implode (causing a supernova as a result). This is where Vitiate's Large Star level/Solar System level rating most likely comes from, with Vitiate's Force Powers > Naga Sadow's Force Powers with the Corsair.

But is the above statement true though? I am unsure.
We went over this in chat already. Why are you bringing it up?

The Everlasting said:
We went over this in chat already. Why are you bringing it up?
Because MemeMan has stated some of the points that may contradict what we discussed.

Especially considering the fact that the vast majority of Vitiate's ritual and Force feats actually require preparation + other requirements to pull off.

The ritual on Ziost took days worth of preparation time just to pull off for example; it wasn't done by Vitiate immediately upon encountering said planet.

Also, a request (Off topic I know but still): Can someone link me to where it was agreed to make Vitiate 3-C? Now I'm curious.

MasterOfArda said:
Also, a request (Off topic I know but still): Can someone link me to where it was agreed to make Vitiate 3-C? Now I'm curious.
The bigger question regarding the 3-C stat is whether said ritual was shown to literally destroy everything that is contained in the galaxy or not, including planets/stars and all.

Because as far as the ritual goes, it was never shown to destroy anything else other than organic matter (along with water), for example.

IIRC he intended to make the ritual on a galactic scale but it was never finished. So how powerful it would have been is purely hypothetical

I've posted more than enough evidence to prove my point of Plagueis being comparable with Palpatine and being better than Vitiate. None of you have proven me wrong once with anything. If you guys want to suck on Vitiates dick for being a "flawless god", then go right ahead. He's not that good anyways

@Everlasting. It also seems like you aren't fully reading my replies carefully because some of you are coming back with petty responses like 'are you sure the Outlander is a trooper?' when stupid things like that arent important.

I will not reply back to this thread unless someone proves any of my evidence wrong with counter quotes and showings. I would be wasting my time otherwise.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Repp
This guy thinks Dark Empire Sidious is High 6-A. He is a blatant Star Wars downplayer.
This comment seems to be a bit accusatory, especially considering that the feats that he has directly showcased throughout his appearances only reach up to that level.

Palpatine's Force Storm was shown in the comics to be at this level, where its maximum capability was to

"Force storms could devastate the surfaces of entire planets and consume whole fleets of starships"

This is sourced from the Dark Empire Sourcebook here.

So show me an excerpt, or a page that shows Palpatine directly manipulating the Force to cause destruction on a star system scale. Otherwise, the feats that Palpatine is currently being scaled from, as well as the constellation feat in the Darth Plagueis novel (it is not made clear whether Palpatine directly caused said constellation or not) could be considered an outlier.

@Khristis

Sidious also manipulated the movements of stars by wiggling his fingers after killing Plagueis.

Reppuzan said:
@Khristis
Sidious also manipulated the movements of stars by wiggling his fingers after killing Plagueis.
Does he though? It does not state here that Palpatine directly manipulated the movement of stars by wiggling his fingers, if he even directly moved those stars at all.

@Khristis

"A tremor took hold of the planet. Sprung from death, it unleashed itself in a powerful wave, at once burrowing deep into the world's core and radiating through its saccharine atmosphere to shake the stars themselves. At the quake's epicenter stood Sidious, one elegant hand vised on the burnished sill of an expansive translucency, a vessel filled suddenly to bursting, the Force so strong within him that he feared he might disappear into it, never to return. But the moment didn't constitute an ending so much as a true beginning, long overdue; it was less a transformation than an intensification—a gravitic shift."

The epicenter of a quake is the origin point, the source.

Sidious was that epicenter.

>Not made clear

"His eyes sought and found an ascending constellation of stars, one of power and consequence new to the sky, though soon to be overwhelmed by dawn's first light. Low in the sky over the flatlands, visible only to those who knew where and how to look, it ushered in a bold future. To some the stars and planets might seem to be moving as ever, destined to align in configurations calculated long before their fiery births. But in fact the heavens had been perturbed, tugged by dark matter into novel alignments."

It outright states that the aligned of the constellations was perturbed and shifted through Darth Sidious' power.

Tugged by dark matter

And we see no evidence that Darth Sidious directly aligned those stars; only something about being moved by dark matter.

Darth Sidious =/= the Dark Side itself when other Sith + the Son still exist at that point in time.

@Khristis

Except for the fact that it was a space quake that originated with him as the epicenter.

"It also seems like you aren't fully reading my replies carefully because some of you are coming back with petty responses like 'are you sure the Outlander is a trooper?' when stupid things like that arent important."

It is when you're using it to say "Lol Vitiate/Arcann struggles with non-Force Sensitives".

Reppuzan said:
@Khristis
Except for the fact that it was a space quake that originated with him as the epicenter.
And space quakes can now arrange and move stars now?

Pretty sure that quakes that travel throughout outer space do not do things like that. And even if it was a quake strong enough to move stars for light years away, this would have caused Coruscant' the epicenter of said quake, to be completely obliterated as a result.

So no, it's probably not a feat that has enough energy to yield solar system levels of destruction, if said feat even follows the laws of physics that is.

Khristis said:
MasterOfArda said:
The bigger question regarding the 3-C stat is whether said ritual was shown to literally destroy everything that is contained in the galaxy or not, including planets/stars and all.
Because as far as the ritual goes, it was never shown to destroy anything else other than organic matter (along with water), for example.
At this rate I'm convinced you're deliberately ignoring looking at Vitiate's page.

There is literally a link to a cutscene showing Vitiate's ritual destroying the galaxy if it had succeeded.

Tugged by Dark Matter is an obvious metaphor to the Dark Side power that emanated throughout the galaxy, that had Sidious as its epicenter.

@Master

The Son and Daughter are the most powerful Force wielders in the galaxy, so probably.

Vitiate's ritual definitely destroyed more than organic life. They even mention the stars going dim. However, some things of note.

• The vision shown where the galaxy is destroyed is done to a dwarf galaxy.
  • The ritual is not an omnidirectional blast. It basically wipes out every star in said galaxy, which is technically 4-B (or 4-A, if I'm misremembering).

Yes. Assuming every star is wiped out simultaneously or in quick succession, that would be 4-A, I'm pretty sure. Dwarf galaxies have 100 million to several billions stars, while a galaxy similar to the Milky Way would have 200 billion to 400 billion, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back