• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowbokunohero said:
ahh yes, star wars kids, a star wars youtube channel dedicated to children, something i as a mature adult will not pay attention to, neither will i watch all their videos....

Subscribes and watches all the videos
I actually like their content more than that of the main Star Wars channel.

Except for the narrator of Galaxy of Adventures. His voice makes me cringe.

Speaking of Galaxy of Adventures: I absolutely need a remake of the films in that animation style, and with the bonus scenes.

Star Wars Alphabet Squadron will be trilogy

also we will be getting a new Tie Figher comic book series

From a certain point of view, the rebels are traitors to the Empire, putting the innocent people of the galaxy at risk. In the last days of the Galactic Civil War, an elite squadron of TIE fighter pilots, known as Shadow Wing, is assembled to protect Imperial interests. https://www.starwars.com/news/announcing-marvel-alphabet-squadron-crossover?cmp=smc|2087252029

More information from Star Wars Books,

Cover pilot: Yrica Quell, Imperial defector. She flies an X-wing. What's Alphabet Squadron doing? Tracking down a mysterious lethal force of TIE fighters. Who told them they could do that? New Republic General Hera Syndulla. She's kind of a big deal.

I wonder if the TIE Fighter comic series will attempt to bring Soontir Fel into Canon. It'd be the perfect way to do so. I could easily see him being the commander or second-in-command of Shadow Wing.

But I won't count on it. And I'd be happier seeing an original character.

Also, that TIE Fighter comic series is going to have story by the same author penning the story of Age of Republic? And the art is going to be by the same people behind the art of the Vader 2017 series? Excellent.

A trilogy of books? And by Alexander Freed? Also excellent.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
yo solder, why arent dooku and vader 4B? ive been wondering about that.
We've had this discussion over and over. They're seen as fodder next to Palpatine, with no other showings to put them in Tier 4.

However, Matthew says he has something special in mind for characters of their level. So wait. And ask him if you want.

we have windu at that level tho, and he is not only weaker than yoda and sidious (who was only yoda's equal in the prequels, since he got stronger over time, so higher than 4B, and im not talking about the dark empire stuff), he is also described as an equal of dooku more than once, who is factually weaker than vader, whom anakin only beat because dooku held back (palpa told him to, gotta find where that took place tho), and because of the advantage djem so has over makashi. we even have a statement on yoda having trouble with his lighting.

In Mace's case he is confirmed by Lucas to be in the same weight class as Palpy and he's said to be incredibly powerful by pretty much everyone

so is vader, considering the 20% statement. but yeah, i see what u mean. windu is stronger than dooku, even though they seem to be in the same league

Dooku was only ever stated to equal (or outdo) Windu in lightsaber fencing.

And as Hellbeast1 noted, Lucas himself puts Windu in Palpatine's league of power and has stated that he legitimately won in their duel. Windu was also stated to be the only person besides Yoda who could take Palpatine one on one.

Dooku was outright scared of Palpatine and has been effortlessly Force choked by him on one occasion.

yes, and that was before he ever even used the dark side.keep in mind that dueling uses the force in other ways as well. he may not be stronger with the force (which i agree with, and think it makes total sense), but he may be more skilled with it than windu. ps dooku could also match both dooku and windu in dueling better than palpa ever did (going by canon. i dont know that much about legends. sorry).

yes, i know. although, i dont remember lucas saying that sidious won that. i remember the first part, but not that. anyways, i agree that windu was stronger than dooku in the long run, but are constantly portrayd as being similar.

as for that last part, vader was also quite constantly getting shat on by sidious, even though he hurt sidious once with the force when enraged, at one occasion. oh, and the fact that vader never thought of defending himself (as far as i know at least. sorry if im wrong) could easily come into play here, as the same could likely apply to dooku

From a Telegraph interview: "I got 10 pages of script from a Forties British war film, three scenes in total, and had to video myself doing them on an iPad. Then you send it off, and feel like you're never going to hear anything about it ever again. I got a call two months later to say a car was going to pick me up and take me to Pinewood Studios to meet director, JJ Abrams. Which was odd, because I still had no idea what he was going to direct me as."

When Grant arrived he was ushered into a room with Abrams and the new trilogy's heroine, Daisy Ridley: "Surrounded by all this Star Wars memorabilia going back to 1977. And within about two seconds, he said, 'Are you gonna do it or not?' And I said, 'Do what?' Then he described the part, and I think he told me what my name was, at which point the room went upside down. What what appears to be a degree of physical discomfort, Grant stops himself from saying anything more. In the grand old Star Wars tradition, the entire cast has been sworn to secrecy, at least untill the trailer and title of the forthcoming Episode IX are revealed in April.

hey, did u see that the controversy between luke's and kylo's story has just been confirmed as kylo's being the more accurate one?

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
hey, did u see that the controversy between luke's and kylo's story has just been confirmed as kylo's being the more accurate one?
it's completely taken out of context, His saying that Kylo's story is more accurate than Luke's Intial story not his final one, his later reffirms by saying that Kylo's emotions and feelings towards Luke make his version also pretty Biased

@everyone i have a few questions regarding marka ragnos, and some scaling. if some of yall could help out, that would be nice, as i never played the game he was on. same questions regarding vitiate and revan scaling btw.

well, after awhile of some more reading, i have even more questions lol before i go on, please keep in mind that i have only started reading comics and books about like, no more than 2 months ago lol so i dont know as much as u guys lol. anyhow, imma start with what i typed above i guess. marka ragnos is rated as at least 5B, equal to darth vader and nihilus for example, alongside being stated to be above kressh, sadaw, murr, and hord, but weaker than jaden korr. now, this is based off of the game i have never played, but to put in some perspective here, that means we rate jaden korr, as of the game (who is weaker than current jaden korr, i would assume, as time has passed since the game came out, in-universe chronology-wise), equal (possibly higher than) darth vader and all of the other sith here. now, why this sounds dubious is that that would make him stronger than both vader and dooku, who have extremely similar accolades and scaling to mace windu. we literally consider jaden to be stronger than those two? mace's rating is based off of the accolades about him being the second strongest jedi next to yoda after dooku left and from fighting sidious (and as for the sidious fight, he not only had vapaad on his side, which threw back the dark side user's powers back at themselves, but he also tapped in the dark side himself, in the novel, and still struggled, i believe), dooku had the same accolades himself before he left, and vader had accolades stating him to be the second strongest being in the galaxy, second only to a sidious stronger than the sidious that fought yoda, so i have absolutely no idea why those two dont scale to windu at least, (but thats a topic for another time), and YET we seem to scale someone stronger than karness murr (ya boi, ragnos), who could fight vader when in a possessed body, below jaden korr. i dont know if im explaining myself well enough, but if u have questions, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back