• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
To stir up conversation, gonna copy paste from ROTS2

One thing I do like more about Disney than Legends though is the relationship between Vader and Palpatine. In Legends, Palpatine took every sadistic opportunity to torture Vader after Mustafar, but here, he does seem to genuinely care a little bit about Vader, in a twisted way.

Much like in the old timeline, he tries to call on the Force to kill Sidious, but in Legends he's lost so much of his power that he can only destroy droids and equipment, and can't do anything to Sidious. And in the end he doesn't want to, because now this is all he has left. In Canon by contrast, he actually does visibly harm Sidious, and could've plausibly killed him, but doesn't for the same reasons, hinting that he does somewhat care about Sidious as well (at least until the Luke reveal)

He rarely threatens Vader like he did with Dooku and possibly Maul, which shows that he has some care for him by comparison.

While he does cultivate apprentices to fight Vader, he does seem to prefer Vader's survival, as opposed to being dissapointed when they die (Starkiller for example).

I prefer the canon relationship even as someone who liked Legends more, but what about you people?

When I watched Endgame the Rise of Skywalker trailer popped up and my theater clapped hard af when Kylo bodied that dude in the trailer, it's pretty surreal to me as Star Wars is nowhere as big in my country as it is in the US, looks like the Trailer has been received more positively than I thought.

WeeklyBattles said:
thats the template u were talkin about huh? cool. some new characters finally. albeit, i have a problem with so many characters scaling to poof. the guy was an incredibly strong jedi in the council, a council made up of above average council lvl members, so i wonder as to why so many people scale to him, but whatever. regardless, one thing i think we should is how force ghosts are actually quite overhyped in legends, which makes sense since they are one with the force and all, so i dont think we should use their force ghost feats as their alive feats. a good example is exar kun, whose millenias stuck in the temple allowed him to make a shitton of op force techniques of his own, which were all hax as shit. karness muur is another one. the guy was much weaker than ajunta pall when alive, and yet, his ghost's power seems to somehow be enough of an amp to actually kill sidious second strongest incarnation. ajunta pall is nowhere near that strong. plus, i doubt that he killed that many council lvl members back in the day, but i could be wrong. mind showing me where u got that from?

I personally agree with not scaling the early Jedi and Dark Jedi but the Old Republic's figures are legendary in the Galaxy so they scale (Know the question wasn't addressed to me but my take)

(its ok) well, old republic is, well, incredibly tough to deal with. see, according to the verse, vititate was the strongest sith around, followed by sith revan and jedi revan (at the same time lol). and yet, that would still make him weaker than sidious and yoda, which means that they shoudlnt scale to either of them. they should actually scale to anakin and mace windu, whom are the tier below the 2 above, alongside dooku and people like him, as all they all are within the tier of "comparable to sidous/yoda, but still weaker for sure". see what i mean? a few poeple here and there should also scale, but lack the feats to do so, and rely mostly on statements, which is tough to deal with (vader is THE example for this, as well as caedus/jacen and joruus). there are surely a few more, but this verse needs a revision asap, anyhow, so ill just wait for that. im only talking about small changes for now

The fact that Ahsoka, who's only a Padawan that's only recognized as a Jedi Knight by the end of TCW, scales to this, makes it pretty silly if others don't.

u mean legends? and yes, its silly. she literally couldnt push greivous away with the force in tcw, and has never actually fought ventress as an equal as far as i know, when talking about the force. venstress is stated to be dooku's strongest apprentice, making her stronger than even mace windu's parter (the dakr purple guy) whom ahsoka would stand no chance against. her showings when being controlled by the son are the only ones that even allow her to be here, and even then, she was trying to kill anakin and obi wan, but both were massively holding back, and not even attacking, which means that her strongest padawan state wouldnt even scale to them at all. its like saying luke is as strong as force user as vader, based off of their DUEL. see what i mean? he literally had to use the force to defend himself from vader's casual sword strikes, but we still scale him to vader somehow. plus, i dont think i need to say this, but ever heard of faulty scaling? quite common tbh

Also the fact that even current force users revere ancient Sith Lords as immensely powerful and something to be feared kinda implies they scale

i edited the comment above. and that statement talks about dueling skill only i believe, but regardless, its doenst matter, since we know that that's not really true at all.

Vitate outright fears theirbpower as a threat to his rule, Bastilla shan fears their power even aftee they've been dead for millennia, wyyrlok directlt stated that they are immensely powerful, yes, it is absolutelt the case

So Master & Apprentice was a great read. Claudia Gray is on a roll. Four great books in five years. Please, Lucasfilm, make her write more books.

Lots of nice stuff in this book: Ancient Jedi prophecies (including those about the chosen one), Qui-Gon's apprenticeship under Dooku, first time Dooku used Force Lightning.

Also some great new characters.

As for feats: The only noteworthy feat in the book is Padawan Obi-Wan (mid-teens) moving so fast that normal human eyes could not process it (only a Force sensitive could).

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the fact that even current force users revere ancient Sith Lords as immensely powerful and something to be feared kinda implies they scale
Forgive my ignorance but wasn't Vitiate afraid of Ragnos specifically when he was before his current self?

Also Wyrrlock referred to Andeddu correct?

WeeklyBattles said:
Vitate outright fears theirbpower as a threat to his rule, Bastilla shan fears their power even aftee they've been dead for millennia, wyyrlok directlt stated that they are immensely powerful, yes, it is absolutelt the case
Those are all completely unfounded and based on nothing, just like Luke being afraid of exar kun or ragnos even tho that former is pretty far down the food chain by scaling. And if u read what I said way above, u already know why I think spirits are stronger than living beings. So no, not the case

Dooku: Jedi Lost is a fantastic piece of work.

10/10

It's easily on par with the Legends Plagueis novel in terms of quality. As a huge Dooku fan, it was everything I could have asked for in a Dooku work.

The audio-drama also introduces one of the most badass new creatures in Canon: An ancient Sith war-beast known as Tirra'Taka.

It is a large six-limbed dragon with wings, and that can breathe Force lightning powerful enough to outright melt security droids. It's physical strength is also great enough to cause groundquakes which were powerful enough to collapse Serenno's Great Assembly (their planet's legislative building, which is described to be "an imposing structure"). The quakes were also powerful enough to cause rock slides which were severe enough to bury an entire camp of Serenno freedom fighters.

Dooku dominated its will at one point and then killed it with his lightsaber.

According to my discussion with Weekly here, those quakes would have to be Magnitude 7 (at the minimum) or even 8 at most. This obviously scales to the dragon's durability.

That's a High 7-C to 7-B feat for a creature which Dooku mentally dominated and killed with his lightsaber.

So lightsabers now have a solid High 7-C to potentially 7-B cutting power feat.

Edit: I just remembered that Yoda cut through a Giant of Living Stone with his lightsaber. Well, second such feat, then.

Js250476 said:
Sounds pretty badass indeed
You should see how badass Dooku was in this audio-book.

Dooku was done well here. Done well indeed.

Also, Dooku now has a decent memory manipulation feat.

He was actually able to manipulate the memories of Ventress, who is a Jedi Master level Force user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back