• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends - Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought this up before- All Star Wars characters should get Atleast 4A cutting and piercing with Lightsabers.

Anyone can be fatally stabbed with a lightsaber by anyone.

5B Anakin cut off 4B Mace Windu's hand with a lightsaber.

Star-level Lightsabers? Seriously? On what justification when we can and have seen Jedi Masters get gunned down by Clone Trooper blasters.

@LordWhis Jedi and Sith are generally Street level physically and can telekinetically block stuff far stronger than themselves, so the AP of lightsabers scales to cutting General Grievous and Durge.

@Catalyst Apparently, that comic is coming out on the 9th and will continue to the end of the month, alongside various other publications for the Rise of Skywalker.

Most of the Lightsaber's Attack Potency comes from Force amplification, it's not like I'd consider a normal human picking up the same light-saber Tier 7/5. Besker also doesn't have Tier 7/5 durability and more like Tier 8. But Lightsabers are often wielded by Tier 7/5/4 characters so it would be that tier when a Jedi of said caliber is using it though.

@ByAsura, yes, there are force techniques like saber through among other things.

I knew they could amp weapons in Legends, but I've never heard of canon Jedi doing it to lightsabers.

@Hellbeast What tier would Windu be without Vapaad? Also, I think it's more a combat thing rather than a force thing

• His instant's distraction cost him: a dark surge of the Force nearly blew him right out of the gap he had just cut. Only a desperate Force-push of his own altered his path enough that he slammed into a stanchion instead of plunging half a kilometer from the ledge outside. He bounced off and the Force cleared his head and once again he gave himself to Vaapad.

Hellbeast1 said:
@Lorenzo that is Vaapad (uses his own darkness to fight Palpatine)
half and half. he can steal a dark sider's powers, the stronger and darker he is. but he was also mad in that fight, which made him even stronger/faster/etc

Nonetheless Windy was amped when Analin cut off his hand so it is still a 5b character cutting off a 4B character's hand ?

I remember force users being stabbed to death by normal characters.

As a matter of fact Jedi have been shot to death by blasters.

Is there any evidence that Jedi force amp their lightsaber. It doesn't seem to make any sense from a physics standpoint.

We see Dooku using a fencing style and injuring 5B characters so it is obvious that the sharpness of the blade is what does the damage.

In fact people have been killed by opening a lightsaber with its hilt pressed against them and by people I mean tier 5B force users.

i think by the time anakin got there, after he kinda beat sidious, he was alright somewhat out of the amp, plus anakin has statements that make him stronger than windu by that even in base, so its not an outlier either.

Dooku in actually incredibly strong and quick, but yeah, he doenst put a lot of power into his thrusts.

He should, and so should anakin and dooku

They say in the ROTS novelization that Windu did stop using Vapaad after beating Sidious, only reusing it to channel the latter's force lightning since it acts as a circuit for the dark side of the force.

• Lighting blasted the clouds above, and lightning blasted from Palpatine's hands, and Mace didn't have time to comprehend what Palpatine was talking about; he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back