• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Trek Q should be 2-A

COLONEL Q: I'm afraid the time for diplomacy has passed, madam. If we don't end this war quickly, the damage to subspace will be irreversible.

War between Q damaged subspace

Subspace is multiversal+ in size

Subspace, occasionally spelled sub-space, is an integral part of the space-time continuum, distinct, yet coexistent with normal space. Subspace and normal space confluence together. However, in some regions an interfold layer forms between the two realms. (VOY: "Real Life") Subspace has an infinite number of domains. Geordi La Forge compared it with "... a huge honeycomb with an infinite number of cells." (TNG: "Schisms")

I don't know anything about the context, but Inti is right about the fact that destroying an infinite multiverse is always 2-A provided that you needed only a finite time to do it

Gargoyle 1 said:
Wrong, there are multiple degrees of infinity, half means a lower degree.
Being a lower degree of infite 4D power =/= not being 2-A

Hmm, based on what it's said, I'm inclined to support it, but could you provide the episode number (and season, of course) or a scan where it shows he truly said that? Just to be 100% sure.

What are these "domains"? How big are they? Why does the example of "half of infinity is infinity" apply when he doesn't say he'd destroy half of subspace, just damage part of it?

The universe is infinite, but breaking part of it (some dirt) doesn't make me 2-C.

What logic is this?

The subspace is infinite, yes. destroying it is 2-A. Destroying a part of it isnt 2-A, is 2-B. Because each part of the subspace isnt infinite itself (at least in what you explained). Destroying a finite amount of infinite something isnt infinite, what its infinite is what remains.

Back