• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SpongeBob Canon Discussion

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
When i'm bored i have more time to think so....i've seen a few differing opinions on this wiki(even before i joined) involving the canon of the SpongeBob verse. Referring to mostly the games and cartoons, but there are other media types out there. Anyway, in my formal opinion, only the main cartoon series should be considered canon. Nothing else. Thoughts?

Only seasons 1-3 plus the first movie are canon....

....Is what I want to say

But unfortunately, the later seasons of the show are still technically THE show, so they can't be ruled out. Of course, I'm not sure about the specials (Atlantis Squarepantis, Truth or Square, etc.), or the movies.

Well from what i do know, iirc, didn't Hillenburg say the first movie was the true finale or some s**t like that?

I believe the first movie was supposed to be the finale to the show, however they kept it going after Hillenburg left and it slowly went down hill from there...

Yeah, really a lot of things began to become unenjoyable or plain painful to watch. It's not even because of older age either seeing as I enjoy the older episodes even to this day.

And the episode with Puffy Fluffy was just awful....less due to Fluffy's antics(it's likely his natural instinct), but due to SpongeBob's sheer ignorance.

I think the games that don't interfere with the plot of other episodes, like Battle for Bikini Bottom, should be taken into consideration. Nothing suggests they're non-canon otherwise.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Could you elaborate a bit more?
In the Your Shoes Untied episode, Squidward is stuffed by a crud ton of Krabby Patties

Next season he says he has never eaten a Krabby Patty

I will not use the Nicktoons games unless i know either Hillenburg or Tibitt had a hand in production....and even then i'm iffy.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
I will not use the Nicktoons games unless i know either Hillenburg or Tibitt had a hand in production....and even then i'm iffy.
I don't see how it had to have their creators have a part in it for it to be canon. George Lucas ain't working on any of the new movies, but they're going to be considered canon.

The games are still made by the company that produces the show so I think it should count.

Back