• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(SPOILERS) Major BFDI Revisions: The Loss of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be plot reasons later to explain his sudden weakening but yah this can be PIS

I thought the plot of BFB was amazing, but it started to get worse ever since they hesitated to show were the door in Four's class went, and then this happened. They had a whole thing going. Four wanted to teach algebra so he tricked people into doing competitions for a BFDI, he was portrayed as very mysterious and not one to turn your back on. The final episode would feature three contestants left, and one would win a BFDI, and then the rest would make a triumphant escape like they did in BFB 16. Four would finally be exposed. Black Hole is the only one who can defeat Four, would save them all and redeem himself for almost dooming them all in BFB 1. Four would give up and would become a better host, and only allow people to learn algebra if they want to.

The writers decided to make Four way more framiliar and predictable, and bluff more than he is actually strong, so he can seem weaker than he used to be. Then Two showed up, being what Four was in BFB 1, accept much nicer, and ruined the original plot.

I'm looking forward to see where this split goes, but this show literally could've had lore if they just stuck with their original idea. They could've had Four's origins lore, maybe related to the door Liy was going to open. They still can, but it wouldn't be as interesting now.

yeah I'd like to know that as well. I'd be pretty surprised if black hole were the one to beat 4 instead of X if this was how it was originally meant to go down

No I mean that would likely be the ending of the season and it would be super interesting, but now it's going to be lame cause Two and Four will just fight at the end probably.

Sounds like pure headcano
That's the point. I'm saying that the plot would've had so much potential if they didn't split it into two shows.
Black Hole beatig Four would be worse lol, since it was shown that Four >>> Black hole

Also let's first see where this goes plot wise before saying it was a bad choice story wise

Black Hole is the only contestant comparable to Four. It also would've been neat if Two came like he did in BFB 16 near the end of the show to save the contestants. Either way, I'll just need to see were this show will go from here. I really how the season won't get cancelled like BFDIA and IDFB.

He's really not, he's just the one who the gap between him and 4 is the smallest

Also BFDIA and IDFB got cancelled? Where that info from?

Tllmbrg said:
He's really not, he's just the one who the gap between him and 4 is the smallest
Also BFDIA and IDFB got cancelled? Where that info from?
Everyone says they are cancelled now, and BFDIA is finished cause IDFB picked up from where BFDIA left off. They might go back to IDFB, but is that how seasons work in a show? There's no point in having seasons if they are just going go back and forth between making new episodes of an old season while still producing new episodes of the recent seasons.

Anyways on the topic of the downgrade, I'm not sure how the wind causing Needle to be sent flying and not Leafy disproves them being 7-B if anything that makes it more consistent as that would mean that the wind is carrying enough energy to send Needle flying at those speeds, and multiple characters withstand said wind (Such as Teardrop and Pin).

So, if the wind did the feat, then it can only be applied as a durability feat since it wasn't leafy who did it. which means we have no clue in which Pin shrugged it off or got decked for 5 days.

Except the characters consistently harm each other, so it'd also scale to AP (Leafy not doing it doesn't disprove her having 7-B AP)

Soupywolf5 said:
Except the characters consistently harm each other, so it'd also scale to AP (Leafy not doing it doesn't disprove her having 7-B AP)
And the durability feat is useless because we have no proof Needle didn't get knocked out for a long while when arriving on her cake. The reason why this feat is invalid is not that it doesn't scale to AP, their AP was always due to harming the dura. It's that we have no proof she didn't get knocked out for a long while

This is the exact reason Robbie Rotten and Luke Cage got downgraded.

Snip

Robbie wasn't downgraded for being knocked out by the feat (Or at least, he shouldn't have been), he was downgraded for his tier 7 feats being inconsistent as fork with the numerous tier 9 AP/Durability feats in the series. While here there are 3 characters who performed the 7-B feat, as well as an extremely casual High 7-C feat done by X, and the only Times characters get hurt in the series are when they're hurt by other contestants, Durability negating things like lava or poison, obvious PIS (Like Pin being crushed by a tree), or characters who are explicitly less durable like Bubble (Speaking of Bubble, shouldn't we specify that her limbs have 7-B durability, while her body is 10-C?) Also love that you said that it would only apply to Durability implying that it was alright, but than when I said it would also apply to AP the Durability feat is suddenly unusable

Also are you referring to Luke's Low 7-C Durability? Because we do know his state afterwards, and he was nearly killed, which is different than being knocked out but otherwise undamaged

1. No, the reasoning I just gave was the reason why the moon feat got removed, the outlier part was why sportaflop yeeting the apple to the moon got removed for 8-B

2. Having the possibility of getting knocked out means this feat is pretty much invalid

3. Only one of them endured the 7-B feat excatly, we don't know if she got knocked out or not

Yeah, not sure what to say, but he shouldn't have been downgraded for that in particular (But he still should have been downgraded for it being inconsistent)

1. No, he should have been downgraded anyway because the moon feat was unsure if he even endured it without getting KO'd

2. Only Pin endured the 7-B feat, Teardrop and Pin were prevented from moving further due to their being against the wall and that the wind in their area was moving in a horizontal direction.

Also, Teardrop was getting flung around by the wind by A. winds not near relatavistic. B. Which means the whole "tanking" thing was invalid

I'm... agreeing that he should have been downgraded? (Being KO'd was just a cherry on top of the feat being inconsistent), the wind hurling Needle at those speeds means it was carrying enough energy to do so and 3 characters tank said wind (All seemingly undamaged, even with the possibility of them being knocked out, and even then them having been knocked out is doubtful as we watch Teardrop tank it without doing so) also being knocked out by a feat doesn't magically make the feat unusable, you'd just backscale from it (If that were the case then Luke wouldn't even have that tier 7 Durability) This hole thing has just been "Hey look at this profile"

Oh I got more.

It seems the wind wasn't always at the 7-B AP we see for Needle.

As we see for teardrop, the wind it sent her towards the wall was nowhere near the speed we saw it send needle towards.

This means that you can't assume that the wind was relativistic for every contestant and they tanked the full relativistic wind we saw with Needle.

We can't actually gauge the speed Teardrop was sent flying at, As we don't see how far she was sent (The only thing we have is that it's wind that can't really consciously speed up or slow down, and has a feat of sending someone flying at a certain speed, and saying that it arbitrarily slowed down to throw Teardrop makes no sense)

Soupywolf5 said:
We can't actually gauge the speed Teardrop was sent flying at, As we don't see how far she was sent (The only thing we have is that it's wind that can't really consciously speed up or slow down, and has a feat of sending someone flying at a certain speed, and saying that it arbitrarily slowed down to throw Teardrop makes no sense)
1. No, what I am saying is that the wind was inconsistent and you can't assume that all of them were tanking the 7-B wind that sent needle to her cake.

2. With the stuff we see of how fast it is, it is nowhere near relativistic

It's more reasonable to assume the characters tanked being thrown by wind at those speeds than the wind was randomly changing speeds. And saying this doesn't look this fast so it isn't also doesn't make sense

Soupywolf5 said:
It's more reasonable to assume the characters tanked being thrown by wind at those speeds than the wind was randomly changing speeds. And saying this doesn't look this fast so it isn't also doesn't make sense
1. Not with actual showings of the wind being inconsistent and not being as fast in some scenes

2. I am no calc member but I know how far it sent Teardrop in the distance we see in shots is nowhere near relativistic.

We don't have anything to scale the distance Teardrop was thrown to (It doesn't help that there's a cut in the middle of it so we really can't gauge the distance/time), and when has the wind shown to be inconsistent? With Teardrop being thrown at speeds we can't actually calc?

How so? Because it "doesn't look relativistic"? Because with nothing to scale the shots to we can't assume any speeds for the wind (Only having the Energy it launched Needle with to go off of)

Soupywolf5 said:
How so? Because it "doesn't look relativistic"? Because with nothing to scale the shots to we can't assume any speeds for the wind (Only having the Energy it launched Needle with to go off of
1. Standard Pixel scaling exists you know, you are able to scale the wind perfectly fine in the shots we have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back