• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

((SPOILERS)) Deltarune Chapter 2 Upgrades/Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sans is the one monster who actually negates durability. Between the KR, all of his attacks dealing the same 1 damage no matter what, ignoring invincibility frames and more, the ’easiest enemy’ proves himself to be an underestimated foe.
Pretty sure it's impossible to deal less than 1 damage in the game itself, but I guess ignoring the invincibility frames set up by game mechanics does count.

Karma isn't game mechanics, it's literally poison, lmao. Also, Game Mechanics ARE "canon" to the lore of Undertale, so I don't know why you made such an argument.

Sans Attacks: Ignores Durability from those who have Soul Manip. Resistance.

Karma isn't game mechanics, it's literally poison, lmao. Also, Game Mechanics ARE "canon" to the lore of Undertale, so I don't know why you made such an argument.

Sans Attacks: Ignores Durability from those who have Soul Manip. Resistance.
No one said it nor argued its not.

Where did you get that from when its not listed in his profile?

No one said it nor argued its not.
I guess ignoring the invincibility frames set up by game mechanics does count.
He does so through Karma, not game mechanics. You shouldn't really say anything if you know nothing about what you're saying.
Where did you get that from when its not listed in his profile?
This has to be a troll... KARMA is listed right after Soul Manipulation

Charmander you’re misunderstanding. He’s not saying you ignore it via game mechanics, he’s saying the invincibility frames are because of game mechanics, and Sans ignores them.

you really shouldn’t say anything if you know nothing about what you’re saying lol

Charmander you’re misunderstanding. He’s not saying you ignore it via game mechanics, he’s saying the invincibility frames are because of game mechanics, and Sans ignores them.
I understand what he said, I wasn't addressing the argument itself, I just said the premise was false. (Premise being, "Sans can bypass UT's Soul Resistance because invincibility frames being ignored")

I'd like to ask you all if we should do the following profiles:

Lancer
King
Roulxs Kaard
Knight (It'd be a very rough profile, but they already have feats)
Swatchlings
Sweet, Cap'n and K_K

I think that's everyone relevant from both chapters, did I forget anyone? Who should I exclude from the list?

No, I will not do a profile for
THE ORIGINAL STARWALKER

Last edited:
I'd like to ask you all if we should do the following profiles:

Lancer
Reocurring, has roles in at least 2 chapters so far. Seems noteworthy.
Chapter Boss, so yes.
Roulxs Kaard
Maybe? He's only fought once & it's kind of the Un-Fused Thrash Machine rather than Rouxls himself.
Knight (It'd be a very rough profile, but they already have feats)
Too vague. We don't know The Knight's appearance, nor their behaviour, & even with the feats we have, I'd think some stuff like their Stamina & Intelligence are guesswork, moreso than other stuff we might infer from said feats.
Swatchlings
They're fought, & semi-important for LS scaling, so might be good to have profiles for them.
Sweet
Cap'n
K_K
Always fought as a group, so they should be a team profile, I think. They do attack individually, but I would say that might mean just giving each of them their own tabber, or specifying some of the abilities can only be used by some of them.

Though, should all that not be a matter for another CRT, or are we continuing with yet more matters in this one?

Reocurring, has roles in at least 2 chapters so far. Seems noteworthy.

Chapter Boss, so yes.
Okay.
Maybe? He's only fought once & it's kind of the Un-Fused Thrash Machine rather than Rouxls himself.
"9-B, 9-A with Thrash Machine"?
Too vague. We don't know The Knight's appearance, nor their behaviour, & even with the feats we have, I'd think some stuff like their Stamina & Intelligence are guesswork, moreso than other stuff we might infer from said feats.
That's fair.
They're fought, & semi-important for LS scaling, so might be good to have profiles for them.
Fair.
Always fought as a group, so they should be a team profile, I think. They do attack individually, but I would say that might mean just giving each of them their own tabber, or specifying some of the abilities can only be used by some of them.
Team Profile? Forgive me for my ignorance, but I didn't know this was a thing. Could you give me an example?
Though, should all that not be a matter for another CRT, or are we continuing with yet more matters in this one?
I believe we can settle things here, making another CRT just to ask for who should we make a profile for would be rather weird.

After making these profiles, we can wrap it up and finally close this

He does so through Karma, not game mechanics. You shouldn't really say anything if you know nothing about what you're saying.

This has to be a troll... KARMA is listed right after Soul Manipulation
Same to you.

You think just by putting KARMA there would tell me it ignores invincibility frames? They only mentioned soul poison and nothing else.

Team Profile? Forgive me for my ignorance, but I didn't know this was a thing. Could you give me an example?
Hard to think of any off the top of my head, but nonetheless, I think Sweet Cap 'n' Cakes should be 1 profile, with multiple tabbers, since all 3 characters almost always fight together, & lack much to distinguish themselves, outside of minor differences in appearance & personality that wouldn't affect their profiles much.
Some profiles that do depict multiple ostensibly separate individuals include https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Twinrova & https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Climbers , but I'm unsure if they're ideal examples.
There's also https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Three_Evil_Stooges & https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Team_Rocket_Trio

Hard to think of any off the top of my head, but nonetheless, I think Sweet Cap 'n' Cakes should be 1 profile, with multiple tabbers, since all 3 characters almost always fight together, & lack much to distinguish themselves, outside of minor differences in appearance & personality that wouldn't affect their profiles much.
Some profiles that do depict multiple ostensibly separate individuals include https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Twinrova & https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Climbers , but I'm unsure if they're ideal examples.
There's also https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Three_Evil_Stooges & https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Team_Rocket_Trio
Fair enough, I'll work on it.

I don’t think Lancer can consciously turn himself into a card- that’s just what happens when he leaves the Dark World.
When he enters your pocket, you can still see and interact with him, and he can still leave, meaning he’s still him, not a Card.
I also don’t think being able to enter an inventory is Dimensional Storage. This feels more like Shrinking/Dimensional Travel?

I don’t think Lancer can consciously turn himself into a card- that’s just what happens when he leaves the Dark World.
When he enters your pocket, you can still see and interact with him, and he can still leave, meaning he’s still him, not a Card.
He is a card inside your pocket, yes.
I also don’t think being able to enter an inventory is Dimensional Storage. This feels more like Shrinking/Dimensional Travel?
Fair.

Oh, dang. I didn’t catch that. Nice one.
But… you can also see him… and he can even screw with your inventory such as taking Queen’s mixtape…
Inventory Shenanigans lol.
Should Lancer be Chapter 2 Kris' standard equipment? Lol
Hmm….
He is given to you at the beginning of the chapter. And does end up serving a use. But does a person transformed into an item count as equipment?

"Weakness: As a Darkner, Lancer can only exist within a Dark Fountain. If he is sent out of a Dark Fountain, he will immediately turn into the Jack of Spades card. If Lancer is incompatible with it, he will become a stone statue once exposed to the world for a few minutes."

Should I add this weakness to every other darkner too?

EDIT: The incompatibility part won't be added to Ralsei

Oh, dang. I didn’t catch that. Nice one.
But… you can also see him… and he can even screw with your inventory such as taking Queen’s mixtape…
Inventory Shenanigans lol.
Well, I can change to "possibly Transformation". Would that be better?
Hmm….
He is given to you at the beginning of the chapter. And does end up serving a use. But does a person transformed into an item count as equipment?
Maybe summoning? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back