• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH Thread 3: Ruby and Sapphire... oh wait! [SPOILER]

The real cal howard said:
In all seriousness, I'm still under the opinion that infinite power is literal here due to the spatiotemporal passives going around Eternatus.
if it was a gravitational compression then maybe, but it causes an expansion, so it's not proof of anything

Hopefully the anime or manga does more with Eternatus to clarify it's power. I have a feeling it'll be hyped up as like an equal to UN Necrozma because light and dark and both are dragon legends. It just makes sense.

i think if we go with the high end for the doggo clearing the storm then eternatus would scale to t two doggo's pre-transformation and then if we ASSUME eternatus is twice as strong as the transformed doggos then the transformed doggos would scale to eternatus and thus around baseline low 6-B keep in mind this is just guesswork so don't take this seriously.

Now we're at the subject of calculations... Has anyone calced Articuno freezing the ocean in the second movie?

Or is there not enough data for that?

"Again, I'm still thinking Eternatus could be High 3-A, as it seems to take infinite energy literally, given the spatiotemporal distortions off it's sheer energy."

On one hand, this is consistent with Chairman Rose trying to using Eternatus as a limitless energy source for Galar, and there's no outliers/wonky scaling as of yet. On the other, limitless energy statements are barely ever reliable and the spatiotemporal distortions isn't exactly a solid proof of much either.

I'm neutral on this.

I agree with Gyro that the 'limitless energy' statement is iffy to work with and with Zeifyl regarding waiting for future material to scale on.

In the artist's defense, Koffing only weighs a single kilogram, & since it floats via gases "slightly lighter than air", it might require a notable percentage of that 1 kg body mass to be just gas.

In fact, since it has a height of 0.6 meters, & it's almost perfectly spherical, let's call that diameter, find the volume of a sphere that diameter, & look at the density of air.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/physics/density.php

Even Wikipedia doesn't list air as getting more dense than 1.4224 kg/m^3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_of_air Yes, Koffing's gasses are slightly lighter than air, but we don't know much lighter & this is highballing for demonstration.

Even using that value & pretending the height of 0.6 m is an absurd 699 cm (0.699 m), because Pokemon lists in meters with only 1 number past the decimal point, & using the highest weight....

Koffing still couldn't weigh more than 254.6096 grams/0.2546096 kg.... 'course, this uses gas masks, not solid materials like whatever the skin is made of. So the gas weighs at most, 25% of Koffing's mass.

More reasonable assumptions of exactly 0.6 meter diameter & say, 1 kg/m^3 for lighter than air gasses gets 113 grams/0.113 kg.

So yeah. Koffing's skin probably doesn't weigh much more than about.... 88% of its body weight. Only 0.887 kg! Probably negligible to get back. Somehow.

I hope that Eternatus will be officially announced soon, the official website usually brings more details about the pokémon.

Pokémon Special Sword & Shield Chapter 2

https://********.cc/chapter/776374

Pokémon Special Black 2 White 2 Chapter 23 Part 2

https://********.cc/chapter/777561

Not much happened in B2W2 except for confirmation that Therian Forme Forces of Nature are way stronger than their Incarnate Forme.

In SwSh news Schilly is an inventor and she created Pokémon's version of Sword Art Online.

We should downgrade Gigantamax Pokemons to High 7-A, the explanation for the tier being the same as for Megas, untill we find better feats

Overlord775 said:
We should downgrade Gigantamax Pokemons to High 7-A, the explanation for the tier being the same as for Megas, untill we find better feats
Yeah. I agree that this makes more sense. The obvious exception is Melmetal

"High 7-A (Compares to Mega Evolutions)"? If this works, I can make a CR thread

Robot972 said:
"High 7-A (Compares to Mega Evolutions)"? If this works, I can make a CR thread
i don't think we know how G-Max is compared to Mega, so

"Large Mountain level (Stronger than Pure/Huge Power Pokémon and Marowak holding a Thick Club)"

would be better

Back