• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SPOILER Discussion thread: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
WARNING, there are spoilers here as given by the title, if you actually came here without seeing the movie and you wish to, leave. Now

I myself enjoyed the movie but I admit it's a rather noticeable drop in quality by comparison to many other Marvel movies. But DAMN that ending was impressively well done, and I want to see where it goes from here. How is Ant Man coming back from the realm?

Thoughts? Opinions?

I think Wasp and Ghost can scale to 9-B Ant-Man, as they are portrayed as comparable in strength.

For 65-feet Giant-Man, he should be At least 8-A via being stronger than that roughly 17-feet Giant-Man in Civil War.

Now let's just wait until Ant-Man defeats Thanos alongside Miss Marvel after being trapped in the quantum world.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I think Wasp and Ghost can scale to 9-B Ant-Man, as they are portrayed as comparable in strength.

For 65-feet Giant-Man, he should be At least 8-A via being stronger than that roughly 17-feet Giant-Man in Civil War.
Where did Ant Man become 65 feat?

Do you know Ant Man?

He loves bragging and making quips, as well as showing off

He's only been Giant Man twice, once in a lab, once in Civil War which was the height you gave, and the Boat.

He was likely just showing off.

They were comparing records. I do not think he seems lying.

Anyway the boat scene he's definitely taller than in Civil War when he's 8-A, so regardless he's at least 8-A.

No crazy feats on this movie unfortunately, it seems that Civil War stole its thunder with Giant-Man. As for Scott, he was 85 feet at the final scene in the boat, so yes he must be stronger. Although he still has the huge stamina issue, even worse since he was probably barely 2 minutes that height while only swimming and walking, and thencollapsed from the exhaustion. Meanwhile, in Civil War he kept fighting multiple heroes and didn't collapse as badly. Probably doesn't merit a new key.

Should that be noted as a weakness? Or a change in stamina given that when he's bigger he clearly has a lot less stamina than he does elsewhere?

The only thing notable from the movie is Ghost kicking Scott through a wall and him cracking another wall after. This solidifies Ant-Man's durability and AP by extension. Apparently, being affected by a quantum explosion gives you super strength.

I think it should be stated as a weakness. He also was really tired after the fight in Civil War and mentions "having slept for days", so the transformation ATM takes a heavy toll on him, higher according to the height he increases to.

I think Scott's stamina issue on that giant form could be blamed on the regulator not being complete. He lasted much longer in previous giant forms and that was a frequently cited weakness, the regulator being set as something only his second suit does. If it was the first suit I wouldn't doubt it but nah it's the second that's "not perfect"

Also it's an amazing movie, as a big fan of Antman. Luis man, Luis

And those hot wheels rides and the truth serum.

Film finally out in Europe. Very pedestrian. No singular focus. Also not keen on hope not being cold hearted, she's way to warm in this film. But I really w jkyed for cynical nature. Made her stand out and strong, compared all the other marvel women.

The reshoots clearly, removed all the resentment due to civil war, that was the focus of the trailers. But I suppose after finding out the end of infintiy war, it was focused to make everyone more amenable.

Can't believe that marvel isn't until March. Too long a wait.

Lawrence fishburne, was cool, great acting, funny. Wished he had more screen time.

Back