• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[MCU] Ant-Man and Darren Cross/M.O.D.O.K. page rework

Lacku

He/Him
I made a complete rework of Darren Cross' page because M.O.D.O.K. ended up being the most memorable part of Quantumania somehow. I separated his profile into three keys, one for himself normally, with the Yellowjacket suit, and as M.O.D.O.K. The sandbox can be seen here.

I also don't think Ant-Man's page represents how he operates as a character very well as his shrunk and giant forms are both separated for some reason. He should always be capable of going giant or shrinking in the same key. I think his page should be reworked to have his keys focus on his appearances in movies rather than his different forms like this:
  • Ant-Man (2015): 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can hold his own against Falcon. Comparable to Yellowjacket)
  • Civil War: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Fought and harmed Black Widow), At least Low 7-C when Giant (Briefly knocked out Spider-Man with a casual backhand. Able to fight off War Machine for a brief period)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp/Endgame: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can contend with Ghost), At least 6-B when Giant (Punched Leviathans harder than Hulk and Thor did. Easily defeated Cull Obsidian by stomping on his face)
  • Quantumania: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can harm a suitless Kang), At least 6-B when Giant (Pinned a suited Kang against a wall. Damaged Axia's shields, which should be comparable to Kangs)
I was also wondering if we should say that Ant-Man's AP is higher when he's shrunk as in the first movie Hope clarifies to Scott that he needs to hold back so as not to kill the people he's attacking when he's small. It's possible that every time we've seen Scott fight someone while shrunk like when he fought Falcon in his first movie and others like Black Widow in Civil War he was holding back his strength. Possible supporting evidence for this is in What If...? when Hank confronts Black Widow and physically dominates her and sends her flying since unlike Scott he wouldn't hold back.

I also don't think Ant-Man's page represents how he operates as a character very well as his shrunk and giant forms are both separated for some reason. He should always be capable of going giant or shrinking in the same key. I think his page should be reworked to have his keys focus on his appearances in movies rather than his different forms like this:
  • Ant-Man (2015): 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can hold his own against Falcon. Comparable to Yellowjacket)
  • Civil War: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Fought and harmed Black Widow), At least Low 7-C when Giant (Briefly knocked out Spider-Man with a casual backhand. Able to fight off War Machine for a brief period)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp/Endgame: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can contend with Ghost), At least 6-B when Giant (Punched Leviathans harder than Hulk and Thor did. Easily defeated Cull Obsidian by stomping on his face)
  • Quantumania: 9-A normally and when shrunk (Can harm a suitless Kang), At least 6-B when Giant (Pinned a suited Kang against a wall. Damaged Axia's shields, which should be comparable to Kangs)
I agree with this
I was also wondering if we should say that Ant-Man's AP is higher when he's shrunk as in the first movie Hope clarifies to Scott that he needs to hold back so as not to kill the people he's attacking when he's small. It's possible that every time we've seen Scott fight someone while shrunk like when he fought Falcon in his first movie and others like Black Widow in Civil War he was holding back his strength. Possible supporting evidence for this is in What If...? when Hank confronts Black Widow and physically dominates her and sends her flying since unlike Scott he wouldn't hold back.
Seems okay

Minor nitpick, Darren in his base would have Athletic Human combat speed as he tagged Ant-Man's travel speed
He basically punched faster than Ant-Man could jump, rather than punching at speeds similar to Ant-Man

Minor nitpick, Darren in his base would have Athletic Human combat speed as he tagged Ant-Man's travel speed
He basically punched faster than Ant-Man could jump, rather than punching at speeds similar to Ant-Man
I didn't think about that but it's fixed it now

I think this looks fine, though a problem may emerge regarding the “higher when shrunken” idea. The 9-A feat originates when he’s shrunken

though a problem may emerge regarding the “higher when shrunken” idea. The 9-A feat originates when he’s shrunken
Didn't he tank the blast at base size? Also, I think that just applies to AP.

In terms of durability, he can be harmed by Ghost in both small and normal size. And he can trade blows with Kang who can harm him in normal size

Most of that movie takes place in the Quantum Realm, so despite how they keep shrinking during many scenes, he was still smaller than normal during that fight
Hmm, well, he is still technically "normal size" relative to other humanoids when he tanked the blast

Also, the other 9-A feat happened in the normal Earth realm, albeit while shrunken, but the "higher" rating only applies to his AP anyway

I think it looks okay, but I haven't seen the newest movie so I can't really comment regarding the last part.

Admittedly I'm kinda lost on how the scaling goes for 9-A now with how the keys separate things

Admittedly I'm kinda lost on how the scaling goes for 9-A now with how the keys separate things
The scaling still applies since it was base Ant-Man that survived blasts from Kang so the verse still scales from him. The keys also work better for his profile than the way they used to be.

The scaling still applies since it was base Ant-Man that survived blasts from Kang so the verse still scales from him. The keys also work better for his profile than the way they used to be.
Its just that he has 9-A for every single key, yet the feat he scales to is only in one of those keys, so...visually, its just a bit difficult that way

Its just that he has 9-A for every single key, yet the feat he scales to is only in one of those keys, so...visually, its just a bit difficult that way
Perhaps something like "Just as strong as previously" for each of his base keys would work to make things a bit clearer?

Back