• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr's High 6-A tournament: match four, round one; Anne Mayer (First_Witch) vs Byleth (Spinoirr)

So, Sothis isnt some kind of higher dimensional time space goddess maintaining infinite timelines or some shit like that right? Nor is her time hax layered (Although I'm unsure if that even comes into play when its about powernull)

Right, I will put the time shenanigans aside until I get a proper answer.

For one, Anne completly laps the entirety of Fire Emblem in terms of skill. Even with 10 revives, Byleth will not beat her in a duel. They will also not be able to rely on magic, as that shit gets nulled by any kind of Wave attacks. Wether Byleths time stuff gets nulled or not depens on the scale of Sothis/timehax.

Anne's skill feats include;

1. A Massive skill scaling chain, because I know that will come up, of;

The top prodigees of a world across the universe < Knight Trainees < Knights < Master Knights < Zero Breakers < Top Rankers < Cold Heroes < Anne

For a more indeph explanation:

Right, so, Knight Run skill. Long story short, Knights are the greatest warriors across the universe tasked to combat High Level monsters who, if left unchecked, can melt through armies and Space fleets on their own. Warriors who are the greatest of their homeworld are chosen for the Knight Program and begin their training as Knight Trainees. If succesfully graduated, they become Knights and have to partake in planetary wars against AG's. Exceptionally powerful and skilled Knights become Master Knights and the top 100 Master Knights are Top Rankers

These High Level Monsters called Type-Zeroes are graded depending on their power, with the lowest we have seen in the story being a D-rank. But even a low D-Rank Type-Zero could fight against 21 Knights at once, a Master Knight included and kill 5 before dying and heavily damage the rest, showing how powerful Type-Zeroes are.

Now lets briefly talk about Cold Heroes. Cold Heroes are Humanities greatest assets, coming from an age of advanced technology and great war. They are so powerful, that they are frozen if not needed and thawed if Humanity is on the brink of extinction. Walking Nukes basically, with the added benefit that they are extremly skilled as well, with multiple of them being the progenitor of the Knight Orders focus on Swordsmanship and martial prowess, heroes who even if sealed off of their ability, would still destroy any current Knight in Sword and hand-to-hand combat.

So what if I tell you that Cold Heroes tremble at the thought of fighting against a S-grade Type Zero? Let alone a SS-grade?

So lets come back to Anne for a bit. Anne, throughout the series, always has to endure getting her physical specs shittalked by powerful individuals, who can't fathom how weak she actually is. That in addition to Anne suffering from actual human defects such as torn muscles, broken bones and radiation from all the battles she partake in, makes her actually high battle prowess baffling. And thats because she relies on pure skill.

Right off the bat, Anne pulled up the greatest feat in Knight Run up to this day (English translation) which is slaying the Twin Type-Zeroes Crosseyes. SS-Grade Type Zeroes and generally and widely considered the strongest Type Zeros in History. She and her friend and partner Pray fought against entities who were stated to dwarf them not only in raw power but in skill and experience as well. After multiple encounters, they slayed the Crosseyes in 1on1 combat. After 6 months of battling, they grew to match the Crosseyes, leading humanity to victory.

2. In terms of prodigee wankery, Anne, as a Knight Trainee already far surpassed Master Knights. If it werent for Pray receiving the title, Anne would had been the fastest to ever receive the title of Top Sword, crowning her as the currently greatest living Knight. In 6 months after officially entering as a Trainee. For reference, the second fastest feat of receiving that title was 2 years.

3. Capable of reading and predicting entire groups of enemies at once, capable of predicting attacks that blitz her, capable of predicting attacks that attack any of her angles and capable of predicting small scale danmaku

4. Possesses incredible control over her body, allowing her directly control bloodflow, muscles and nerves in order to go beyond her physical limitations.

5. Fought against a group of high level AG's, who were trained by Annes teacher, who is even more skilled than Anne. Said AG's toyed with experienced Master Knights and were stated to be 10 times stronger and 3 times faster than her. Fought against a S Grade Type Zero that should be as strong, if not even stronger than the affromentioned AG's and is far more skilled than them as well, capable of wielding 8 swords with high mastery. Fought against a Cold Hero who was described as a "One person fleet", capable of spawning attacks from any direction and angle he wishes to, which would oneshot if they connected. He was so much stronger than Anne that him merely powering up made her bleed. One of his attacks was sealing of a area with a barrier, trapping her in a cage while firing small scale danmaku attacks at her that consisted of attacks that home and attacks he could freely move with his mind. He coudnt tag Anne.

6. Capable of fighting while blind, destroying multiple opponents while doing so.

This is just the nonsense she pulls with the current english translation. She will get more once i enter a retirement home, because thats decades away with the current translation pace.

So, Sothis isnt some kind of higher dimensional time space goddess maintaining infinite timelines or some shit like that right? Nor is her time hax layered (Although I'm unsure if that even comes into play when its about powernull)
We barely know anything about Sothis true power but as far as we know she isn't. The time manip isn't layered.

Right, I will put the time shenanigans aside until I get a proper answer.

For one, Anne completly laps the entirety of Fire Emblem in terms of skill. Even with 10 revives, Byleth will not beat her in a duel. They will also not be able to rely on magic, as that shit gets nulled by any kind of Wave attacks. Wether Byleths time stuff gets nulled or not depens on the scale of Sothis/timehax.

Anne's skill feats include;

1. A Massive skill scaling chain, because I know that will come up, of;

The top prodigees of a world across the universe < Knight Trainees < Knights < Master Knights < Zero Breakers < Top Rankers < Cold Heroes < Anne

For a more indeph explanation:

Right, so, Knight Run skill. Long story short, Knights are the greatest warriors across the universe tasked to combat High Level monsters who, if left unchecked, can melt through armies and Space fleets on their own. Warriors who are the greatest of their homeworld are chosen for the Knight Program and begin their training as Knight Trainees. If succesfully graduated, they become Knights and have to partake in planetary wars against AG's. Exceptionally powerful and skilled Knights become Master Knights and the top 100 Master Knights are Top Rankers

These High Level Monsters called Type-Zeroes are graded depending on their power, with the lowest we have seen in the story being a D-rank. But even a low D-Rank Type-Zero could fight against 21 Knights at once, a Master Knight included and kill 5 before dying and heavily damage the rest, showing how powerful Type-Zeroes are.

Now lets briefly talk about Cold Heroes. Cold Heroes are Humanities greatest assets, coming from an age of advanced technology and great war. They are so powerful, that they are frozen if not needed and thawed if Humanity is on the brink of extinction. Walking Nukes basically, with the added benefit that they are extremly skilled as well, with multiple of them being the progenitor of the Knight Orders focus on Swordsmanship and martial prowess, heroes who even if sealed off of their ability, would still destroy any current Knight in Sword and hand-to-hand combat.

So what if I tell you that Cold Heroes tremble at the thought of fighting against a S-grade Type Zero? Let alone a SS-grade?

So lets come back to Anne for a bit. Anne, throughout the series, always has to endure getting her physical specs shittalked by powerful individuals, who can't fathom how weak she actually is. That in addition to Anne suffering from actual human defects such as torn muscles, broken bones and radiation from all the battles she partake in, makes her actually high battle prowess baffling. And thats because she relies on pure skill.

Right off the bat, Anne pulled up the greatest feat in Knight Run up to this day (English translation) which is slaying the Twin Type-Zeroes Crosseyes. SS-Grade Type Zeroes and generally and widely considered the strongest Type Zeros in History. She and her friend and partner Pray fought against entities who were stated to dwarf them not only in raw power but in skill and experience as well. After multiple encounters, they slayed the Crosseyes in 1on1 combat. After 6 months of battling, they grew to match the Crosseyes, leading humanity to victory.

2. In terms of prodigee wankery, Anne, as a Knight Trainee already far surpassed Master Knights. If it werent for Pray receiving the title, Anne would had been the fastest to ever receive the title of Top Sword, crowning her as the currently greatest living Knight. In 6 months after officially entering as a Trainee. For reference, the second fastest feat of receiving that title was 2 years.

3. Capable of reading and predicting entire groups of enemies at once, capable of predicting attacks that blitz her, capable of predicting attacks that attack any of her angles and capable of predicting small scale danmaku

4. Possesses incredible control over her body, allowing her directly control bloodflow, muscles and nerves in order to go beyond her physical limitations.

5. Fought against a group of high level AG's, who were trained by Annes teacher, who is even more skilled than Anne. Said AG's toyed with experienced Master Knights and were stated to be 10 times stronger and 3 times faster than her. Fought against a S Grade Type Zero that should be as strong, if not even stronger than the affromentioned AG's and is far more skilled than them as well, capable of wielding 8 swords with high mastery. Fought against a Cold Hero who was described as a "One person fleet", capable of spawning attacks from any direction and angle he wishes to, which would oneshot if they connected. He was so much stronger than Anne that him merely powering up made her bleed. One of his attacks was sealing of a area with a barrier, trapping her in a cage while firing small scale danmaku attacks at her that consisted of attacks that home and attacks he could freely move with his mind. He coudnt tag Anne.

6. Capable of fighting while blind, destroying multiple opponents while doing so.

This is just the nonsense she pulls with the current english translation. She will get more once i enter a retirement home, because thats decades away with the current translation pace.
That's neat.

So what stops Byleth from:

0b0706f1686b56b3f597aa1ebe19b971.gif

What key are you using for her? @First_Witch
Pray Arc (Second Key)
We barely know anything about Sothis true power but as far as we know she isn't. The time manip isn't layered.
Then Anne might stomp, as Waves can powernull time manipulation (Reality warping, Physics manipulation, probability manipulation, spatial manipulation too)
That's neat.

So what stops Byleth from:

0b0706f1686b56b3f597aa1ebe19b971.gif

They can do that sure, but going by the scans in their profile, they seem to be really cocky with the power. If they pull stunts like they did in that Warriors clip then Anne predicts and kills them with a Wave infused attack.

They can do that sure, but going by the scans in their profile, they seem to be really cocky with the power. If they pull stunts like they did in that Warriors clip then Anne predicts and kills them with a Wave infused attack.
That's Byleth when they were possessed by Sothis, this is just Byleth, who doesn't **** around when fighting.

That's Byleth when they were possessed by Sothis, this is just Byleth, who doesn't **** around when fighting.
I see. Well, what is Byleth doing during said timestop that could Kill Anne then. Bear in mind that she has a passive forcefield around her that scales to the same value, meaning that Byleth has to deal with a over 5 times difference twice.

Will reply to any new posts in a couple hours

I see. Well, what is Byleth doing during said timestop that could Kill Anne then. Bear in mind that she has a passive forcefield around her that scales to the same value, meaning that Byleth has to deal with a over 5 times difference twice.

Will reply to any new posts in a couple hours
Not really that much of a problem. Byleth can easily proc Critical Hits thanks to Crit-Boosting Skills/Items, which deal 3x damage, Awakening amps the user to the point where their attacks can easily shatter things like Weapons and Forcefields that they were previously unable to, They have Danmaku level attacks, with each attack hitting twice thanks to a special property of the Sword of the Creator, and a bunch of other amps. Also, there's a high chance that Byleth procs Death Hax during one of their hundreds of attacks they are going to be dishing out on Anne.

Since? <:wtf:1207102177554858014>

huh its 8 times, last i checked it was four times

Not really that much of a problem. Byleth can easily proc Critical Hits thanks to Crit-Boosting Skills/Items, which deal 3x damage, Awakening amps the user to the point where their attacks can easily shatter things like Weapons and Forcefields that they were previously unable to, They have Danmaku level attacks, with each attack hitting twice thanks to a special property of the Sword of the Creator, and a bunch of other amps. Also, there's a high chance that Byleth procs Death Hax during one of their hundreds of attacks they are going to be dishing out on Anne.
Right, so the argument is going to be that Byleth instantly timestops for like half an hour to unleash accumulating damage that would make the likes of Star Platinum and The World jealous, trying to proc all that stuff killing Anne.

Against a opponent they know nothing off...?

Right, so the argument is going to be that Byleth instantly timestops for like half an hour to unleash accumulating damage that would make the likes of Star Platinum and The World jealous, trying to proc all that stuff killing Anne.

I am not arguing in favor of Byleth but if she dies like 4 times, she has to use time stop eventually

Right, so the argument is going to be that Byleth instantly timestops for like half an hour to unleash accumulating damage
I mean, nothing is stopping them from doing so, given that it's thought-based, and they can spam it

that would make the likes of Star Platinum and The World jealous,
You tell me
GTGIiYh.gif

trying to proc all that stuff killing Anne.
Only the crits and death manip require procing, and the former has like, at minimum a 1/4 chance of procing for each attack.

Why wouldn't they go all out?

I mean, nothing is stopping them from doing so, given that it's thought-based, and they can spam it

You tell me
GTGIiYh.gif

Only the crits and death manip require procing, and the former has like, at minimum a 1/4 chance of procing for each attack.

Why wouldn't they go all out?

Surely it is reasonable to assume that Byleth also instantly timestops + ora oras random bandits and every enemy fodder soldier then.

I am not arguing in favor of Byleth but if she dies like 4 times, she has to use time stop eventually
That on the other hand is a reasonable argument.

Im fine with Byleth taking this via timestop. I can sleep soundly knowing that Anne would have folded them without it.

Maybe Anne can win if her waves can nullify Sothis to be fair, we have to just see how NLF is it

But I won't stop you for conceding, do what you must
Well, as I have mentioned above, Waves can null some high end things, such as reality warping, probability-, physics-, and spatial manipulation. There is also reasonable in-universe arguments to believe that Waves also straight up null time manipulation.

Basically, Waves are a power on the same level as Phenomenon Weapons (Indirectly called to be Phenomenon Weapons themselve), who have powernulling properties. When 2 such weapons clash, they null each other, including hax like Mandala (Which is also kinda implied to be a Phenomenon Weapon), a ability that is basically discound allmighty (See the future, pull a possibility you like and make that possibility real then).

Later in the raws (So korean only) a Phenomenon Weapon appears that does a fuckton of different things, but most importantly, be able to stop time. Waves and that Phenomenon Weapons havent clashed (That would have solved the topic already), but Mandala and it did (And waves can null Mandala).

So tldr, Waves lack DIRECT FEATS of nulling time manipulation, but it is genuinly reasonable to assume that they could.

Not that this is beating instant time stop plus road roller, as Waves have to touch something in order to null it and Anne isnt running around permanently super charged with Waves for a semi passive powernull.

Back