• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that like

Against the no speedblitz amps for slower characters rules

Or did I miss something

See

I love Marvel and RWBY

Meaning I would literally never forget a thread involving both

So maybe there was a reason for me leaving it alone

And that's the only reason for Ruby winning, in a speed equal match

Meaning it can't be added.

@Garg

I mean it is written in the Versus Thread Rules near the bottom.

>not being added

Huh

But it's "speed amps are okay so long as the normally slower guy doesn't blitz"

Isn't Spooder man faster?

The fight starts off with Spidey wanting to disarm Ruby, and with his lifting strength he does this easily. Then he leaps toward Ruby for CQC. (While Ruby isn't defenseless without her scythe, speed equal stops her from using her semblance in some way to help her). His spider sense will let him anticipate any blows coming his way. If he decides to taser her due to his information analysis, Ruby's aura won't help her.

He probably won't even have to break her aura to beat Ruby. If she's leaning on a surface like the wall or ground, Spidey can web her up. He could do it at any point of the fight if he chose to. She doesn't have the strength to break out of it.

Spider-man wins with low difficulty.

DraycoMakargo said:
If he decides to taser her due to his information analysis, Ruby's aura won't help her.
Pretty sure it would, Aura is a Forcefield, good for preventing you from getting shocked.

Everything else is A okay though

His webbing is that strong in that it can support that much weight, he himself does not have class m Lifting Strength and thus does not have the strength to be able to disarm her

He still has to actually his her with his website which will be extreemly hard given her semblance, bullet redirection, and experience dodging projectiles in combat

Um yes, dodging does matter in speed equalized

My dude, rwby characters do stuff like that on on a daily basis

I say Spider-Man. While yes he might not be that experienceresembles he does have a a good ammount of tech to help him plus since his webs are class M which means Ruby should have a lot of trouble breaking free giving Spider-Man free hits.

Ruby is far more mobile than Spidey, he's not hitting her easily if at all given that plus her experience in dodging projectile attacks.

Ruby also has a massive advantage given the range they start at given her far better ranged arsenal and the fact that even if he dodges a Dust bullet from Crescent Rose, Spider Sense wont help him avoid the elemental explosion seting him on fire, freezing him solid, or electrocuting him to the point that he cant move.

This also isnt considering ruby is immensely more skilled in combat than Peter and the fact that his suit should have the same weakness of being less effective the more damage he takes due to having a limited amount of nanites to regen from.

Yes, it is true Ruby might be more experienced with dodging projectiles keep in mind things like Spider-Man's Web ball which could blow up webs. Also he does have a web mine. What it does is if Peter shoots it at a wall anyone who walks past it gets trapped. And Spider-Man can definitely use that to his advantage. Also he has some experience of dodging projectiles (00:26).

What are you talking about? Spider-Man and Ruby both have hundreds of meters for range.

The same could be said for Spider-Man for his suit. It was shown at the end of the movie he can fight Vulture without it. Also Spider-Man might not be that experienced but he has a good ammount atleast since he's has been fighting characters are much more experienced such as Bucky, Falcon, etc. I kinda doubt Ruby is still that good without her Cresent Rose. Ozpin himself said she still relies on her weapon too much. https://youtu.be/PVXb-VAdvto(15:57)

Weekly I remember in a thread where you convinced me that Ruby isn't too helpless without her weapon. I conceded to that.

But due to her semblance being disabled in this fight, she cannot make use of it. She sucks at CQC without Crescent Rose, that much was shown and said in Volume 5. It's not that hard to pull off what Ruby did to the Griffon as well when compared to other characters in her franchise. Either way, she's not hitting spidey thanks to his precog.

Spider-man has dodged expolsions before. Dodging the explosion from dust isn't too different. I'd wager it would be easier actually. The explosion range isn't as big as other explosions he's dodged.

"Only the pain of being electrocuted does."

What's the difference? That essentially means the electricity passed through.

If he can't web her weapon away (I disagree with that but for the sake of this debate), he can easily jam it in one configuration. She'll either be stuck with her sniper or scythe. Yes I know she can still use the sniper in it's melee configuration. He can still web that part up. Causing her own weapon to jam if she tries to fire. Then with that annoyance he can web her up, push her into the ground or against a wall with an attack, then web her up against said surface. She cannot escape his webbing. Ruby can dodge but she can't always avoid his webs. Spider-man has been shown to be very accurate with his shots, add that to the fact he has Karen. With Karen, Spidey has an easier time to aim for Ruby.

Spidey does a quip while hanging upside down, then web swings away. Still wins with low diff to mid diff. Closer to the low end though.

Due to Ruby's semblance being disabled in this match, even is this is concluded it cannot be added, just going to point that out

No actually it just means her semblance doesnt grant a speed boost, not that it is banned outright. Banning it outright automatically makes this match invalid as its arbitrarily restricting a power to give the other person an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back