• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jinx 1. Can absolutely fight without a weapon, hell her best feat pre-timeskip was done without her weapon. Spidey on the other hand has basically no actual skill feats done on his own.

2. She doesnt barely use them, she spams them lol.

3. You mean the beringel she killed by shooting? And yeah no shit she cant shoot through an aura user let alone one who is 8-B. At a range she has consistently shown to use ranged attacks.

4. How does that make it an inconvenience though? She can still use all of its functions even if its stuck in its expanded mode and she regularly keeps it in expanded mode while abusing her mobility.

5. Yes actually it is, try to pull something out of a boxer's hand if they dont want you to have it. His webs dont have lifting strength, they have tensile strength, thats different.

6. Which he rarely uses. Wont be able to hit her with webs, yes she can stay in speed form, at the range theyre starting at she will opt for range over CQC as its in character for her to do so. His webs havent demonstrated much in the way of durability and what they have demonstrated is Wall level at best (As in they were only calced to have wall level durability) so yes she can shoot through them.

7. Holding back =/= having lower durability.

8. No, there isnt a difference. There is no reason to assume she would fight any differently against a different opponent.

Because i would never do such a thing and would instantly give up my staff position before i did. If someone doesnt call out the debunked votes then this thread wont last a single day on either profile before it gets taken to the removal thread for faulty reasoning, dont you people understand that? Why does it always have to devolve into accusations when im just trying to do my job and make things as accurate as possible? If i dont do it then no one will, sorry you dont like it but thats the truth.

Kaltias said:
I have better stuff to do than watching this thread turn into a shitstorm, so why don't you all stop being so confrontational?
You can also close the thread so it doesn't continue

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:
Well you wouldn't be, but frankly i still dont believe you wouldnt. If i can be honest, you're protection of the RWBY verse to the point where theres a lot of ridiculous assmptions and business made regarding it just doesn't rule out anything from my mind about you. I get that you like to support RWBY, heck, im also a supporter of RWBY despite how bad the series has gotten, but sometimes its just a bit too frequent that i cant help but think that. And it has caused problems in the past.
And thats your opinion. I still genuinely think you hold a serious grudge against me for some reason and see you causing more problems with the RWBY verse out of spite than actually doing anything helpful.
And yet again thats your opinion. I could say the same thing to you but you wouldn't take it on board.

What's spiting the RWBY verse? i haven't been on in a good while, and voting against ruby = spiting, despite me actually giving reasons why i think against this. And i don't agree with a lot of your basis like your judgement of the character and how they would fight in circumstances, the fact you switch on and off to arguments whether semblances fuel aura (they do), The component of aura (Tbf, Roosterteeth make it shit to follow), and your over stretched use of Grimm Eclipse abilities that dont relate o the storyline. That's it summarised, it isn't spite, and while i cant say im satisfied with the way you haven't changed, i'm doing my best to try and tell you this in a civil manner.

Not only that, but theres been rare occasions i agree with you. People disagreeing with you isn't spite or causing this fictional verse a problem.

Overall point is, you cant revoke votes if its legitimately just you agreeing to your own terms. If something was truly debunked, you would have others agreeing.

Thats all i want to say.

Except i dont, im not the type to hold grudges.

Arguing electricity bypasses aura when it doesnt, writing off skilled characters as 'bad writing', arguing that their fighting style magically changes for no reason, arguing semblances drain aura when it doesnt, etc.

lol you have never once agreed with me.

And i did have others agreeing, something you conveniently ignored.

Anyways, im done here, ive already given the reasoning why Ruby takes this

WeeklyBattles said:
Except i dont, im not the type to hold grudges.
Arguing electricity bypasses aura when it doesnt, writing off skilled characters as 'bad writing', arguing that their fighting style magically changes for no reason, arguing semblances drain aura when it doesnt, etc.

lol you have never once agreed with me.

And i did have others agreeing, something you conveniently ignored.

Anyways, im done here, ive already given the reasoning why Ruby takes this
It does though. We've seen multiple people get taken out and stunned unconscious by electricity wihtout any hint that their aura has gone multiple times. It doesnt break aura, but the fact it can basically turn people unconcious just shows it bypasses. The Bad writing comes into play on how Ruby, who should be as skilled as you say she is, just overall doing the stupidest things. Thats no ones fault but the show, and we still have to follow it. Cause RWBY's latest volume is terrible and unclear. Once again opinion based, but you honestly cant deny that Ruby prefers CQC to far range, and fighting people =/= fighting grimm in RWBY. We've had official confirmation from a quote that you showed me, that when aura is gone, they can't use their semblances. Yes, the one instance of the yang trailer was an exception, and that was down to miles and kerry not being able to remember shit, And Qrow's semblance working differently to every single one in the show, with barely any indications on whats beenaffected by his semblance or not. Lol i have, i have supported RWBY in the past, but it seems that you only ever say that RWBY wins...like, all the time, which is impossible to agree with all the time. With some really farfetch'd assumptions. I am a supporter of RWBY, but that doesn't mean i should be biased towards it. and not everyone who agrees to RWBY's loss makes it a spite.

No one agreed with you that the votes should have been revoked on either side. You were the only one who voted Ruby who was saying that, but frankly you need a much wider say than just you to make a decision like that, and very little opposition.

Really, people are ignoring how weak Spider-Man is without his web, how he has no idea how to use most of his Tech Suit or Iron Spider Suit's best features, how he has terrible fighting skill, and is just overall an easily scared teenager.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Really, people are ignoring how weak Spider-Man is without his web, how he has no idea how to use most of his Tech Suit or Iron Spider Suit's best features, how he has terrible fighting skill, and is just overall an easily scared teenager.
Tbf though, does Ruby have anything that better? All he really has to do is web Crescent rose and Ruby is even weaker than him skill wise. The webs do carry in this match tbh.

The real cal howard said:
Spidey has zero h2h training. Ruby does. She's not lesser than him skillwise even without Crescent Rose.
I really wouldn't say he would be the weaker one in a hand to hand fight. Heck, would there ever be a point where Spidey cant use any of his weapons and would have to resort to that. For Ruby there would, and he can still take out your average thug, meanwhile Ruby was pretty easily beat by the White Fang members, who weren't much.

And it is thanks to bad writing on Roosterteeths part that Ruby never really demonstrates this kind of skill recently, cause no way in hell shes a master hand to hand because she headbutt Mercury

Is there any way she can counter target lock-on adhesive webs?

"he can still take out your average thug"

Don't the thugs have a horrible stat disadvantage against Spiderman =/

Ya know what, screw it

Adding on what Matt said, Spiderman has consistently shown that enemies with a good expirience advantage over him are capable of predicting his moves quite easily.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ez5qkKj4wo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_awRgINS0ao

In both of these examples, someone much weaker physically then Spidey was able to predict, counter, and KO him perfectly fine

This is basically those fights but with a girl with albeit less skill, but is physically stronger, more versatile, and has a passive shield

There's no reason she shouldn't take this

Correct, Iron Man stated that in homecoming

If expirience alone got Spiderman defeated despite being much stronger, how the **** is he winning here against an opponent with every advantage against him?

Ruby FRA off Weekly's observation.

I also thought Spidey's thug trouble was mostly off cockiness, but overall I don't see this version of Spider-man winning.

Ruby FRA. I thought it would be a decisive victory for spidey... Until i saw it was mcu (well, comics Spidey isn't even tier 8 so i was just dumb). The guy is lacking good feats, so Ruby would at least take this with mid-diff.

This is all well and true i suppose, but is there any way Ruby can counter Spidey's webs? Like, its in his character to use them, He more or less starts off with them, his suit provides a lock on feature, and frankly all they need to do it get one good shot on either Ruby or Crescent Rose to immediately limit her. And i mean, Spiderman w/ gear would beat Ruby w/o her weapon.

I cant think of any situation where the fight would have to be CQC in the first place.

Jinx666 said:
This is all well and true i suppose, but is there any way Ruby can counter Spidey's webs? Like, its in his character to use them, He more or less starts off with them, his suit provides a lock on feature, and frankly all they need to do it get one good shot on either Ruby or Crescent Rose to immediately limit her. And i mean, Spiderman w/ gear would beat Ruby w/o her weapon.

I cant think of any situation where the fight would have to be CQC in the first place.
I mean

Captian America and Starlord did.

And going into CQC is not our of character for spider, as he attempted to do so twice in both fights.

Both fights are people with a huge expirience advantage defeating spider despite him having the edge in every category.

While a wouldn't say Ruby is as skilled as Captian America, she has the advantage in everything else with more expirience on top of it

Thats true, but do we go for the one with the more advantages or the one with the most decisive advantage, that is the webs that can immediately limit Ruby. Cause Spidey has more times tried to web up the guns and weapons of his opponents (Unless they're Thanos)

Spidey will of course turn to webs at a suitable range, unlike Cap, and if Ruby is kicking his ass in CQC, then id like to think he would try and restrain her with the webs. And theres nothing much Ruby could do if the auto lock on webs catch her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back