• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no showings against it.

Why would it? Flying > Sticking to walls. Ruby has far superior mobility to the point that hitting her with his webbing will be almost impossible, and as also established in this thread, it will either stick her weapon in scythe mode which will be practically no difference or it locks her in sniper mode which basically just leads her to range spam. It was also established that his armor can only take so many hits before it stops working due to having a limited number of nanites to work with. Good to see you actually read this thread.

Then he's not Spider Man i guess because he very rarely if ever uses his spider sense in combat as established earlier in this thread. And no actually he doesnt, only Tony does.

All of the reasoning for Spider man has been debunked so its currently Spidey 0, Ruby 2

Let me sum this up:

Ruby is

• Immensely more skilled
  • Better arsenal that she's actually willing to use
  • Better range game
  • Better in CQC
  • More mobility
  • Better lifting strength preventing Spider Man from disarming her outright
  • Webbing Crescent Rose doesnt prevent it from being used
  • Slipstream will take Spidey down instantly if he gets caught in it
Spider Man

• Has precog that he doesnt use
  • Can only take a few good hits before the nanites in his suit fail and his suit stops working
  • Is outwardly against using 99% of his arsenal
Literally the only thing Spidey has going for him in this fight is if he manages to web Ruby to a solid surface which given her far better mobility and her in-character fighting style of constantly remaining mobile, is extremely unlikely to happen

WeeklyBattles said:
There are no showings against it.
Why would it? Flying > Sticking to walls. Ruby has far superior mobility to the point that hitting her with his webbing will be almost impossible, and as also established in this thread, it will either stick her weapon in scythe mode which will be practically no difference or it locks her in sniper mode which basically just leads her to range spam. It was also established that his armor can only take so many hits before it stops working due to having a limited number of nanites to work with. Good to see you actually read this thread.

Then he's not Spider Man i guess because he very rarely if ever uses his spider sense in combat as established earlier in this thread. And no actually he doesnt, only Tony does.

All of the reasoning for Spider man has been debunked so its currently Spidey 0, Ruby 2
But...But there are. As in Electricity was being used in the tournament....it might not be safe, but neither was the Vtyal festival as a whole, and if its there, then its there.

Spiderman has fought and webbed opponents who can fly, as well as him frankly being able to keep up via web swinging. Plus his suit also has auto-aiming, which Karen will lock onto Ruby's position. He could stick her in place, jam her sniper by webbing the insides, frankly stick it to a wall and then proceed to dominate her in CQC. So the armour is basically aura? Since that will deplete if it takes too many hits too? So basically they get nullified? And unlike Ruby, Spidey can fight without the suit.

Spidey has Karen. And he still uses spider sense more times than Ruby uses Ice dust lmao, so why is any of that a deciding factor?

Thing is, i dont think you can really claim whether its been debunked or not, you're essentially deciding what points go with your argument, and nullifying other peoples votes, who have put their own reasoning, yet you simply believe that you've essentially debunked it, which i dont think anyone else agrees with tbh.

Im voting Spiderman again for the reasons stated above by me and others.

@Jinx Im aware, that does not mean there are any showings or statements of it outright bypassing aura.

None of the opponents Spider Man has fought have even close to the level of mobility Ruby has. Jamming the sniper wont do anything as she can shoot through the webbing. lol you havent seen any of the MCU movies if you think he can dominate anyone with anything above average combat skills in CQC. Why wouldnt Ruby be able to fight without Aura...? Her AP and durability dont change and neither does her weapon.

Spidey has used it all of once and it was to sense the ship in Infinity War, which might i add was done AFTER everyone else on the bus had already noticed it, whereas Ruby has used Ice Dust in both the Vytal Festival and Grimm Eclipse.

A debunked argument is a debunked argument. If you have new points to bring up then go for it but if not then your argument does not hold any ground as everything youve brought up has already been discussed and countered.

Except that I haven't really seen any debunking, only saying that they've been debunked and then editing the votes without reason.

lol both Regis and Kuu come to a thread for two verses they know nothing about just so they can disagree with me, both at the same time

If that inst suspicious i dont know what is

@Weekly

That wholesummary sounds a little biased, seeing as the advantages you give to spiderman arent advantages at all.

What suggests Ruby is more skilled than Spidey? From what i've seen, they both can take out the same kind of villains, meanwhile Spidey is less incompetent due to Ruby's bad writing.

Arsenal thats mainly in a game, and is sketchy since its hardly ever used in the show, as well as not having much that Spidey doesnt.

Slightly true distance wise, but with his adhesives and the fact Ruby barely ever uses range other than to shoot weak ass bullets, it isnt a deciding factor

Hardly better in CQC, all Spidey needs to do it web up Crescent Rose and shes ez to beat. As well as nothing suggesting she's more skilled CQC wise than Peter.

Not true, Spidey has his web swinging, his jet boosters, etc.

Lifting Strength =/= Being able to catch Ruby off guard and allow her weapon to be disarmed.

Not true, at all, its one of the prime uses of the webbing, since she can jam her sniper, stick the scythe to Ruby's hand and prevent her from being able to manouver it effectively, legit stick it to a wall, or just stick Ruby to a wall.

It...wont. Might do some good damage, but from the time it was used once, JNPR was hardly taken out or damaged afterwards, Pyrrha heavily holding back, and the fact that Ruby wouldn't resort to that straight away, and would probably be webbed with no way of getting out, its a strong attack, but it wouldnt OHKO.

And once again, Ruby hardly uses her semblance in 1v1's unless the opponent is a giant grimm with clearly more AP would mean a hit from them would take way too much damage, which spidey isnt, or she's trying to be a distraction by running away, which is unlikely against a human target like spiderman. Like, you of course disagree, but so do i, and you cant just revoke votes because they dont satisfy you

WeeklyBattles said:
lol both Regis and Kuu come to a thread for two verses they know nothing about just so they can disagree with me, both at the same time
If that inst suspicious i dont know what is
what nonsense are you on about. I don't even know who jinx is.

what nonsense are you on about. I don't even know who jinx is.

He was talking about Regis not Jinx

@Ricsi Its sketchy when they both come out of the blue simultaneously especially when theyve been known to have a particular distaste for me

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Im aware, that does not mean there are any showings or statements of it outright bypassing aura.
None of the opponents Spider Man has fought have even close to the level of mobility Ruby has. Jamming the sniper wont do anything as she can shoot through the webbing. lol you havent seen any of the MCU movies if you think he can dominate anyone with anything above average combat skills in CQC. Why wouldnt Ruby be able to fight without Aura...? Her AP and durability dont change and neither does her weapon.

Spidey has used it all of once and it was to sense the ship in Infinity War, which might i add was done AFTER everyone else on the bus had already noticed it, whereas Ruby has used Ice Dust in both the Vytal Festival and Grimm Eclipse.

A debunked argument is a debunked argument. If you have new points to bring up then go for it but if not then your argument does not hold any ground as everything youve brought up has already been discussed and countered.
There has been showings of it though...multiple times...If you want in the Vtyal Festival, Ren legit fell down and was stunned for a lethal while after getting tasered.

Pretty sure Vulture is a pretty good mobility user, pretty sure he's outpaced Falcon as well, who wouldnt be too far behind Ruby, if not, at all, back in Civil War. And saying that is like saying when Spiderman webs the outward compartment of the gun, the gun can just easily bust through the webbing. It cant, and nothing suggests Ruby's sniper could. A clump of adhesion would weaken the bullets anyway, and make the whole thing inefficient. Aura boosts her AP and fuels her semblance, and protects her from harmful attacks, meaning that without aura, shes way more vulnerable. Do you honestly think Ruby could beat Spidey without her aura?

Actually, whose not saying he wasn't using his spider sense through any of his fight scenes? to dodge those meteors and protect best girl Mantis and Drax, he could have easily been using it. If so, his Spider sense and his reactions are all basically related to eachother. And lmao, again, Ruby wasnt using her ice dust in the main source of canon (the show), seeing as the only things that would be canon in Grimm Eclipse was the story. Its completely possible you could beat the game without ice. and that moment in the stadium, she was using ice dust provided to her by the field. Not from her own ammo. You've legit already used this agianst me and it didnt work the first time.

You don't really have the authority to decide whats debunked and whats not. If it was, then people would be on your side and changing votes. you cant just revoke votes because you think they're wrong, especially when you are the ONLY person from one side of the argument deciding to do this.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi Its sketchy when they both come out of the blue simultaneously especially when theyve been known to have a particular distaste for me
If im honest, that sounds similar to other circumstances where i've suspected you of doing that. But you got annoyed at that despite me having my reasons to believe what i did. So i dont think you can complain about it honestly, even if its the case.

And yeah, people disagree with people

Because Spider Man doesnt have any advantages other than his webs being strong

>What suggests Ruby is more skilled than Spidey? From what i've seen, they both can take out the same kind of villains, meanwhile Spidey is less incompetent due to Ruby's bad writing.

Training her whole life in combat being trained by one of the most skilled fighters in the world with one of the most lethal weapons in the world to the point that she was skilled enough to get into one of the most prestigious combat schools on the planet 2 years early vs literally saying he relies on his suit to fight

>Arsenal thats mainly in a game, and is sketchy since its hardly ever used in the show, as well as not having much that Spidey doesnt.

Spidey has literally said that he prefers to not use the majority of his arsenal due to there being so much available to him that its overwhelming, with him also outright saying he refuses to use functions like the instant kill feature

>Slightly true distance wise, but with his adhesives and the fact Ruby barely ever uses range other than to shoot weak ass bullets, it isnt a deciding factor

Her 'weak ass bullets' are 8-C and can oneshot monsters slightly weaker than Spider Man

>Hardly better in CQC, all Spidey needs to do it web up Crescent Rose and shes ez to beat. As well as nothing suggesting she's more skilled CQC wise than Peter.

Already explained why he's not better in CQC, also already explained in a previous response why webbing up crescent rose wont do anything to prevent her from using it

>Lifting Strength =/= Being able to catch Ruby off guard and allow her weapon to be disarmed.

He doesnt have the lifting strength to be able to take the weapon from her, not even close.

>Not true, at all, its one of the prime uses of the webbing, since she can jam her sniper, stick the scythe to Ruby's hand and prevent her from being able to manouver it effectively, legit stick it to a wall, or just stick Ruby to a wall.

Which he cant hit her with due to mobility, and webbing crescent rose doesnt prevent ruby from using it. Sniper cant be jammed as her bullets can destroy the webbing. And yes all those walls in the sky.

>It...wont. Might do some good damage, but from the time it was used once, JNPR was hardly taken out or damaged afterwards, Pyrrha heavily holding back, and the fact that Ruby wouldn't resort to that straight away, and would probably be webbed with no way of getting out, its a strong attack, but it wouldnt OHKO.

It OHKOed Pyrrha and knocked Penny off her feet, it will OHKO Spider Man

>And once again, Ruby hardly uses her semblance in 1v1's unless the opponent is a giant grimm with clearly more AP would mean a hit from them would take way too much damage, which spidey isnt, or she's trying to be a distraction by running away, which is unlikely against a human target like spiderman. Like, you of course disagree, but so do i, and you cant just revoke votes because they dont satisfy you

She consistently uses her semblance 1v1. Her fighting style is no different against a human or grimm so why youre trying to act like it is i dont know. Thing is i disagree, give a proper counterargument, and make logical points, which you fail to do and instead accuse me of things to try to discredit my argument.

WeeklyBattles said:
If im honest, that sounds similar to other circumstances where i've suspected you of doing that. But you got annoyed at that despite me having my reasons to believe what i did. So i dont think you can complain about it honestly, even if its the case.

Jinx666 said:

Not sure why you think i would do that tbh

>Ruby is 8-C

>Pyrrha is High 8-C

>Ruby with semblance one-shot Pyrrha

>Ruby doesn't have "High 8-C with semblance"

Sounds like crt stuff.

1. Still cant fight without a weapon, and still cant do shit against a professional huntsman. I blame Ruby's writing, because she is supposed to be skilled, but this skill has hardly been shown to accel Spidey's, who doesnt rely on a suit, since he was doing just fine without Mr. Stark. And same can be said for Crescent Rose. Also Beacon is one of the 4 in the world, and it kinda doesn't seem 'prestigious', especially when it was taken down so easily.

2. Yeah true, but he's still used a load of them, he's still aware of them, and can still use them in this fight when you're saying Ruby can use all this dust she barely uses, and spam her semblance in ways she barely ever does.

3. Still cant dent a Beringel or even Tyrians tail. And again, they'll be weakened even if the bullets do manage to get through the adhesive web. She hardly relies on the bullets and range for a reason. Heck she has shown to prefer fighting CQC to fighting range as shown with Qrow vs Tyrian.

4. You havent...how does webbing Crescent Rose to make it stay in one mode for inconvenience, stick it in a specific way to her hand to prevent manoeuvrability that Ruby does with her impractical Scythe, Being able to stick it to a wall or surface, and essentially limiting her abilities. She's never shown to be able to fight well while limited like that. Plus, he doesnt even need to aim for the weapon at first, since he could stick her too. And use electrical webs.

5. Taking the weapon isn't really a result in lifting strength lmao. And his webs can, he doesnt need to do it physically.

6. Auto locking feature built into his suit. Frequent to spam, Farfetch'd to assume she wouldnt be hit by it not even once, she cant stay in her speed form forever, she prefers CQC than range etc. Nothing saying her dust rounds can bust through the webbing instantly, webbing that Thanos has had to legit try and bust out of. Plus Adhesion usually being able to ignore the points of AP for a while to an extent.

7. A held back Pyrrha, since it wasnt a serious fight and how Blake didnt get her ass kicked too badly, who was hardly damaged afterwards. The Food Fight was meant for fun, it wasn't a serious battle. They werent even using real weapons. And she's used the slipstream once. With Penny she was erely dragging her along, who was allowing it. Seeing as somehow Ruby was completely amazed that Penny could stop a truck. If it was unwilling, you may have a point, but the slipstream isnt what Ruby was using.

8. Theres a difference between fighting Grimm and fighting people. As proved by Coco, Pyrrha and stuff, since the grimm are mindless animals, while people actually have a brain to oppose yours. Roman and Neo vs Ruby? Sure it wasnt a 1v1 but in those circumstances, her semblance would be useful. The only times she uses her semblance in human 1v1's is to get away, like with Mercury, and Emerald in V5. if you could call that a 1v1. Truth is though, Ruby has never against a human target who doesn't work like a Grimm, spammed her semblance in those ways, so its unlikely she will do it this time.

And again, you're accusing others of plotting against you for selfish reasons, yet you get offended when people accuse you with similar pieces of evidence, this being that you're deciding on your own to revoke all votes for Spiderman because you think you've debunked them, which isnt the right way to do things

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:

Not sure why you think i would do that tbh
Well you wouldn't be, but frankly i still dont believe you wouldnt. If i can be honest, you're protection of the RWBY verse to the point where theres a lot of ridiculous assmptions and business made regarding it just doesn't rule out anything from my mind about you. I get that you like to support RWBY, heck, im also a supporter of RWBY despite how bad the series has gotten, but sometimes its just a bit too frequent that i cant help but think that. And it has caused problems in the past.

Jinx666 said:
Well you wouldn't be, but frankly i still dont believe you wouldnt. If i can be honest, you're protection of the RWBY verse to the point where theres a lot of ridiculous assmptions and business made regarding it just doesn't rule out anything from my mind about you. I get that you like to support RWBY, heck, im also a supporter of RWBY despite how bad the series has gotten, but sometimes its just a bit too frequent that i cant help but think that. And it has caused problems in the past.
And thats your opinion. I still genuinely think you hold a serious grudge against me for some reason and see you causing more problems with the RWBY verse out of spite than actually doing anything helpful.

Ed. You can't just make a thread and let it turn into flames, you must be more careful with what you have

Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.

Gargoyle One said:
Ed. You can't just make a thread and let it turn into flames, you must be more careful with what you have
Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.
Silly, that reference doesn't work in mcu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back