• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP never said anything about disabling it, I just pointed out VS thread rules says Speed Equal matches allow speed amps as long as it doesn't make the normally slower character win via blitzing.

@Arrogant If he never uses it then why is everyone who is making an argument for Spidey using it heavily as an argument?

@Weekly I'm pretty sure you were apart of it at some point, but there was a thread where the whole site talked about speed amps in speed equal matches. It was concluded that speed amps were only allowed if the normally slower character with the speed amp doesn't blitz with it.

Take a look for yourself.

During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

I.E. Spider-Man is way faster than Ruby in a speed unequalized match, even with her semblance. With the match having speed equalized, Ruby's semblance would lead her into blitzing Spider-Man.

Now there is indeed a rule saying a match can't be added if you restrict abilities (unless they have a separate tier); however, the ruling here is separated and does not indicate this match cannot be added. In fact in the thread where it was discussed, it was advised we could create and add matches with a disabled speed amp if the speed amp belonging to the normally slower character let them blitz the normally faster one.

So it can be added. It just has to be mentioned on the page that speed was equal and speed amps were disabled.

@Drayco Cool, not only is Ruby's semblance allowed which youre trying to claim its not, but Spider man doesnt use his precog in combat which youre heavily arguing he can

@Weekly It's not allowed cause it causes a blitz. It's in the rules of the wiki. I don't want to be rude, but shouldn't you know this? We all decided on this. Not to mention you replied pretty fast, not even bothering to read through what I explained.

Also, since when has Spider-Man never used his spider-sense in a fight? It's always there, always reminding him of danger approaching from a direction. It's how he avoids most of his hits. Everyone, including those who are at least familiar with the character, knows this.

Since ever. He has been caught off guard multiple times in both Civil War and Infinity War, hell Cap caught him off guard with an attack he knew was coming.

So to debunk all of Drayco's argument then:

Since Ruby's semblance isnt disabled she can absolutely make use of it. And yes she is hitting Spider Man as he does not ever use his precog.

Spidey has never dodged an explosion he didnt know was coming from a bullet impacting the ground at his feet. Said explosion btw freexing him or electrocuting him on contact.

No it doesnt actually. The damage of the attack goes through but not the electricity.

Why are you acting like getting a web on her scythe means she will just stand still and allow herself to be hit? also the web having good lifting strength doesnt mean they cant be cut or shot through with a gravity round. Due to her far superior mobility he's not going to be hitting her to the point that he can web her up any time soon, and she has far superior stamina to be able to outlast him as well. Spidey may be a good shot but Ruby is far better and has dodged far more precise shots than what Peter has shown to use.

Ruby wins low to mid diff due to far superior mobility, far more experience, better range game and willingness to spam, more experience dodging ranged attacks which is even easier given her mobility, stamina that lets her easily outlast him, and a better weapons arsenal

Okay before we continue this debate, why are you so insistent that Ruby can use her speed amp when it clearly lets her blitz? We need to set this straight here. Why is it allowed, why are you content with using it when you know Ruby blitzes with it?

Spider-Man has used his precognition from time to time like when Bucky was about to hit him from behind he turned around and caught his fist or when Spider-Man dodged a sneak attack from Vulture inside a building.

He has dodged small explosions during his battle with Vulture on the boat.

If the webs can support the ship without getting torn apart then I'm pretty sure Ruby isn't going to be able to break them any time soon. Ruby isn't going to exactly dodge everything epically when Spider-Man has many ways to shoot his webs such as web bomb or his web trap. Stamina isn't really going to do anything since I doubt Spider-Man will get tired quickly.

Excuse me did you just say Ruby has a better arsenal? I guess you forgot the ammount of diffrent options Spider-Man can choose in Homecoming.

@Drayco She cant use her speed amp but she can use it to fly as well as stop on a dime and instantly change directions to avoid attacks, as well as create a slipstream capable of taking out characters much stronger than herself and Spidey

@Dat The webs would only need Wall level durability to support the ship, it was actually calculated and thats all they would need to be. Building level+ AP will very easily cut through them.

spidey has never fought for a full day before getting tired like Ruby has, she can very easily outlast him.

I guess you forgot that Spidey has both never used 99% of his arsenal nor has he shown a willingness to.

@Weekly I figured if we disabled her speed amp it would disable her entire semblance since it works with speed, but I'm fine with her using it as long as the uses don't involve speed. Like the slipstream, without speed she's not creating that.

the slipstream is wind manip via her moving, getting rid of speed doesnt remove her ability to create it

If we treat it like that then this definitely cant be added as we're getting into removing other powers that arent solely equalized speed

Well

Because I had the idea while watching some youtube vid

Decided to look up to see if it was done before

Realised it was done before but it died for reasons I didn't exactly look much into.

Decided "eh whynot" and did it anyways

and now we're here.

>Electricity doesn't bypass Aura

>Sun was electrified and stunned by a Grimm

?

For the umpteenth time, they still feel the pain of electricity but the electricity itself does not bypass aura, just like how they can feel pain from the heat of fire and lava and steam but they dont actually get burned

Except that Sun was stunned, which means that it managed to go through it.

It's not at all equivalent to your lava example, it's more like saying "they feel pain, they get burned, but Aura blocks lava".

But they dont get burned, this was blatantly shown in the show itself when Weiss took a dive into a pool of lava with Flynt while her aura was down while his wasnt and she got burned while Flynt was fine. Same with Yatsu putting his face in a geyser. They feel the pain of it but they dont get physically harmed by it.

How exactly is it a false equivalence? Aura blocks all elemental attacks equally and electricity is never stated or implied to be able to nor has it ever demonstrated the ability to outright bypass aura. It damages them the same way any other attack does, they feel the pain of the electricity just like they feel the heat of fire and the cold of ice but they arent physically harmed by it.

Hell if electricity bypassed aura why would they allow it in the Vytal festival?

Because being stunned by electricity means that it reaches your nerves.

Heck Nora was stunned by a taser too. She absorbed it afterwards, sure, but she was stunned at first nonetheless.

So does being punched in the stomach or being hurt by heat but that doesnt mean those attacks bypassed their aura.

If electricity bypassed aura why would they allow it in the Vytal festival? You know, the tournament where youre instantly removed from the battle if your aura drops below a certain level so youre not in danger of being actually harmed? If electricity actually bypassed aura they wouldnt have allowed it as it breaks that rule.

Seriously yall need to stop making such wild assumptions when there is no evidence to back up what youre trying to argue.

So it stuns you normally, it causes pain normally, it visibly courses through your body, but it's somehow getting blocked?

If you want to say that fine, the point is that electricity does its job against Aura users

Yes it is getting blocked. They still feel the pain of it but it doesnt physically damage them. Electricity is as useful as any other element against aura users. Point is the argument that electricity outright bypasses aura needs to stop.

They feel the pain of it and immediately become vulnerable or knocked out unconscious by it. Or at least pretty badly stunned and damaged. And this has happened even between rougly the same tiers.

A.k.a Finnic, Those filler girls from the Vtyal Festival, Ren about two times, Sun (albeit weakened, but it still didnt break his aura) etc.

The most sensible thing would be to ban it from the Vtyal Festival, but they dont. Everyone in RWBY is dumb. But there has been multiple showings of electricity legit taking people out without breaking the aura.

But yeah Spiderman FRA, mainly due to the Spider Sense and Adhesive Webbing.

Or maybe go with the more logical reasoning based on everything shown in the series up until this point and realize it doesnt bypass aura

Its already been established in this thread that spider Man doesnt use his Spider Sense and that adhesive webbing wont help him much. Every actual vote thus far has been for Ruby so im not exactly sure why youre FRAing spider man.

What logical reasoning? Why would logic be taken when theres been multiple showings against it? Heck, the safety of the Vtyal Festival aint even existent, especially after it led to the fall of Beacon. Its stupid to let them use electricity sure, but they just do. And electricity has been shown to byppass the effects and can immediately knock out or stun one of them for a while.

Why wouldnt adhesion help him? It would keep Ruby in place, Its resistant to all of her arsenal, her semblance has never shown to be able to escape it, practically nullifying her ability to move with what big an advantage that is for her. And with the electricity, his armour and protection from his Irondaddy. Oh, and he spams webbing.

But yeah...Spiderman isn't spiderman without his Spider Sense. Even if all else fails, doesn't he have sensors built into his suit and an AI that can help him put down Ruby? I'd say the precognition isn't exactly not a factor.

There has been votes for Spiderman too, can anyone count a tally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back