• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Spider-Man Fights Ruby Rose

I know absolutely nothing about RWBY, but the main character's 7-C in this key, so I'm making this match

RULES
• Speed is equalized
• Battle takes place in Time's Square
• Ruby is in her Post-Haven Key
• Peter is wearing the Carnage Symbiote (Spider-Carnage)

COMBATANTS

The Amazing Spider-Man
maxresdefault.jpg
Spider-Man Symbiote that isn't Venom: 0

Ruby Rose

Ruby_Rose_%28BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png
Finding a Good Render Was Hard: 0

INCON: 0

Last edited:
What's the AP Difference and Lifting Strength Difference?
I think Ruby scales above 29.12 Kilotons, and Peter scales above 15 Kilotons which is amplified further thanks to the Superior Suit.

For LS Ruby seems to scale above 1.2 Kilotons, and Peter was able to physically kick back the S-02 which weighs 458.25 Tons and his webbing should be comparably

Probably, though I'm not sure that's the max level for the suit, so maybe there's more, but for now this does look like a stomp. Unless Peter can go for restraining.
Even if he had the LS to restrain her, she can just escape his webs via elemental intangibility with her semblance

TBH I'd say Spidey actually takes the skill advantage but idk if the match is fair, there might be a bit too much in Ruby's favour
Spidey absolutely does not take the skill advantage against a RWBY Character, let alone someone like this version of Ruby herself.

It is, but it's a passive semblance that's always active yet she sucks compared to the main protagonists in comparison to skill in this key.
ok. but still. I don't see how it's a skill feat. she isn't copying based off of skill. she's copying based off of a power. It isnt skill related.

ok. but still. I don't see how it's a skill feat. she isn't copying based off of skill. she's copying based off of a power. It isnt skill related.
Its the same kind of ability as Taskmaster, who is treated as skill for it

And even then Ruby in this key scales to Pyrrha and Mercury, not just Velvet

Isn't Taskmaster's whole thing is that he has a photographic memory and actually that skilled?
Taskmaster's skill (including copying) is legitimate. I can't speak for Velvet, though I'm sure others can
Velvet's skill is legitimate as well, her teammates that have worked alonside her for years and know exactly what she's capable of directly state that her stuff is skill-based

Taskmaster copies from his mind and observations. Taskmaster can not only copy the fighting style but analyze them and counter them as he's seeing them, he can also use multiple fighting styles at the same time. aswell as scaling to other marvel characters who's skill feats are just insane.

Velvet's skill is legitimate as well, her teammates that have worked alonside her for years and know exactly what she's capable of directly state that her stuff is skill-based
so is it a power or skill?

Taskmaster copies from his mind and observations. Taskmaster can not only copy the fighting style but analyze them and counter them as he's seeing them, he can also use multiple fighting styles at the same time. aswell as scaling to other marvel characters who's skill feats are just insane.
Velvet does the exact same thing
so is it a power or skill?
Both, her ability to copy is the power, her ability to draw on multiple styles simultaneously and mix them to create new styles at the drop of a hat is skill. This is almost verbatim how it is described in the novel.

Velvet does the exact same thing
I'd argue Taskmaster's has some specific details that doesn't in fact make it the exact same thing

But I'm not saying this as a debunk, only that Marvel doesn't portray is in the same manner as Velvet. It sounds like Velvet's skill is legit based on the comments

I'd argue Taskmaster's has some specific details that doesn't in fact make it the exact same thing

But I'm not saying this as a debunk, only that Marvel doesn't portray is in the same manner as Velvet. It sounds like Velvet's skill is legit based on the comments
From what ive read the only difference is that Velvet's doesnt erase parts of her memory when sh gets a new style, and Velvet's in turn isnt as broad as Taskmaster's as he has classic comic bs like being able to fight faster by watching a video of a fight at 2x speed

Spider Carnage makes things a bit more interesting but at the same time makes Peter significantly more vulnerable to Ruby's fire, lightning, and gravity dust rounds

Back