• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Raimi) vs Travis Touchdown

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Last edited:
Sorry, speed is equalized, I always forget about that.

Don't be so quick to judge. Travis is actually really skilled, and has some (fairly weak) instinctive reactions of his own. He became the best assassin in the world just by reading wrestling magazines and watching samurai cassettes and beat someone who actually TRAINED with that samurai, he can take a ridicolous amount of punishment and has regen too.

Also, there's the obvious advantage of having a sword. One that burns through webs and slices through people comparable to Travis effortlessly.

True, however judging by spider sense(at least by interpretation in movie) we can see how spidey is able to predict attacks by "slowing down" world around him. I'm bet by having this ability alone you or I are capable of beating professional martial artist. It's like playing punch out but everyone at the attack moment becomes slow to you. But still I feel it's pretty close and thanks for reminding of some stuff.

I mean, that's a huge help, but speed's equalized, and no matter how fast he reacts he's still gotta dodge it.

Okay so

Spidey can win via disarming Travis and webbing him cause his LS is ***** so that would work. You could argue the heat from the blade might save Travis if he's webbed with it tho.

Iirc Raimi's Precog is a bit inconsistent at times, usable enough mind you but I think I recall him being tagged out of nowhere at times in the past. Travis has some pretty good reaction moments himself iirc he dodged a laser a few feet away with his back turned to boot. Up close Travis probably holds a pretty good skill edge. Spidey can Incap via jabbing Travis in the pressure points (Low Mid last I checked doesn't save from being KO'd, plus I'm not sure if its even combat applicable given there was a skip after his two fights) and is pretty acrobatic.

That said acrobats is something Travis has dealt with given how agile Shinobu was and he defeated her well enough. If Spidey tries to play the ranged game Travis can dodge and fling some projectiles of his own when he goes into dark side mode and will be able to amp himself and can stun Spidey or make him scared.

Imo Travis takes this with mid difficulty, its gonna be a long drawn out and careful fight between the two. Raimi Spidey is fairly seasoned to not take anyone lightly by the end of his trilogy and Travis despite being well Travis has done well and knows what he's capable of. If Travis gets webbed the first time his heated blade should work against it (Don't recalled Raimi's webs being heat resistant) and he'll realise he can't afford to have that happen to him. If this goes to the tenth round Travis will last (Extremely High vs High stamina). It'll probably end with Travis ampling himself and ending it with a quick decap or bisection

Adding the fact Spiderman can just range spam from clinging onto walls and does not need to web Travis up close and in person.

Yeah, I'll go Spiderman FRA

I'm pretty sure Travis can fire energy bolts in dark side mode. Again I'm pretty sure the Raimi precog is inconsistent and webbing won't do much if Travis has his heated blade to get him out of it.

ooh if that's true i might just change my vote to travis via superior skill and being able to cut the webs, would spidey have an edge in cqc due to his lifting strength?

Yeah but wouldn't Spidey have to shoot it outta Travis's hand? If he tries to disarm by the blade the web just gets fizzed at which point Travis would be on him, if it's by the hand he'd have to get past the fact that Travis could dodge it given he dodged attacks with his back turned

Well spidey range tactics isn't OOC. And he can intelligence "adapt" to Travis. Like after some time in battle with sandman he understood a way to beat sandman, in battle against goblin he managed to understand goblin abilities as well and etc.. The point is, when spidey would understand what Travis sword is capable of, he would try to use more ranged tactics(technically, similar to what he did in wrestler battle). However at same time Travis got skill and spidey need a time to understand on which situation he is, however I believe spider sense at some point would keep time enough to at least understand basis of Travis.

Travis has fought very acrobatic foes and has fought at a range disadvantage, if Spider-Man gets close, there's no way he's getting away, Travis ain't allowing that. And from what I recall, this Spider-Man leads with close quarters combat.

So, I'll try to summarize, correct me if I wrong.
Win con for spidey: Keep the distance and disarm Travis. Firstly understand Travis capabilities.

Win con for Travis: Keep more close distance on which he's capable of killing spidey.

Travis can still fight in range disadvantages to make spidey go in close range and Spidey have spider sense to keep well in close and long distance.

More or less, yes. It's not quite clear what triggers Dark Side Mode, but any of them are an instant wincon- Fear Manip, Speed Amp, Time Slow, Ranged Attacks, any of them would take out Spidey with ease.

But really considering that this Spider-Sense is very, very fallible, and that this Spider-Man tends to fight at close quarters (Like in his fight with Doc Ock at the bank, or with Norman Ousborne, I don't remember him ever even attempting range), I think he just approaches Travis and gets demolished. A single clean hit should at least be debilitating, and Travis is good at dealing with very agile foes, or ones that try and run away to camp. Shinobu (A ninja with sword beams), Holly (Filled the arena with pitfalls and kept rocket jumping away from him while throwing explosives at him), Jeane (Really, really skilled martial artist), Henry (Can teleport and fire homing beams, alongside his impeccable sword skill), Dr. Peace (Spammed explosive bullets), all of these fighters either have ranged attacks or are far more mobile than Travis, and he defeated them all, with the exception of Henry and Jeane, which were both even more skilled than him, and he still tied with Henry. And this is just the first game, while Travis grows in skill in the sequels, it's not incomparable.

Also, this might be not usable, but considering Travis mentions Thanos in one of NMH3's trailers, odds are he actually knows a bit about Spider-Man and his web-slingers.

ooh if that's true i might just change my vote to travis via superior skill and being able to cut the webs, would spidey have an edge in cqc due to his lifting strength?
It is an advantage, but the point of swords is to keep your opponent away from you, so not a game changer. And Travis never attempts grappling unless his opponents are stunned.

That reminds me, if Travis manages to stun Spider-Man, he can just cut his head off. It's also worth mentioning, it's gonna be very difficult to disarm Travis, Spidey would have to specifically hit the handle, since the blade is just energy (for his third and strongest Beam Katana, at least, which he canonically uses since you need to use it to fight the true final boss)

Also, this might be not usable, but considering Travis mentions Thanos in one of NMH3's trailers, odds are he actually knows a bit about Spider-Man and his web-slingers.
That Mob readed OPM moment.

Although Spidey's one of usual tactics in some way is firstly keep distance, and then attack with rush. There's possibility of disarm because of difference in LS. However it's like trying to disarm a Jedi with light saber as far as I understand.

So that's pretty close, but to think about it. I think I'll change vote to Travis, with the end of pizza theme describing spidey's death.

Also, I just remembered, Travis can deflect the beam the calc comes from with even his first beam katana (though you're likely to have the second by then), while here he has his third beam katana with an accessory that makes it even stronger, so Spider-Man doesn't have an edge in AP- I don't necessarily think it's the case, but it might even be an edge for Travis instead.

Last edited:
Feel free to make 'em or suggest 'em, he's got some real potential, especially in his later keys. Anyway, that's grace.

Dunno, but it's thematically fitting as hell, go for it.

Alright, this can be closed and added I believe.

Back