• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) VS Captain America (Marvel Comics)

• Fight Location: New York (USA)
  • Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Spider-Man with Normal Suit
Spider-Man:
Captain America: 7 (@Coolboy6, @sanicspood, @mitsuki, @DaReaperMan, @Qawsedf234, @Vizer04, @Blahblah9755)
Inconclusive:

ae44b4d8f3dda86fdd571b8c0c943151.png
80b3b070767a7764a741a722937ffe48.png

Last edited:
Cap’s Shield is 4-B. So cap could one-shot but that could be hard considering spidey’s spider sense and acrobatics. Cap does physically have an AP advantage not by much though. Spider-Man does have a LS advantage here so he should restrain Cap with his webs. Cap does have his own precog and should be more skilled. Voting Cap

Captain America wins but not because of the shield one shots or whatever (like seriously Cap has never beaten someone on his level with one shield hit, its not always 4-B). He's infinitely more skilled and for the most part had the advantage over the far better 616 Spider-Man when they fought. Unlike most characters Captain America knows about spider-sense and is skilled enough to counter it per Peter's own words:
He's studied me, that's why he wants to fight close. He knows my every move, my every skill and power.
Raimi Spider-Man has nothing that sets him apart from 616 Spider-Man, so I don't see how he gets over the skill gap.

I swear to God this is either an outlier or blatant contradiction
Why? Spider-Man has shown multiple times to struggle against a highly skilled opponent and in this case he's going against someone who explicitly knows everything he can do.

Why? Spider-Man has shown multiple times to struggle against a highly skilled opponent and in this case he's going against someone who explicitly knows everything he can do.
Spider-Man has also been shown multiple times to make his opponent's skills trivial by his sheer speed and strength.

Cap isn't particularly more skilled than Taskmaster or Kingpin, both of whom have been trivialized by Spider-Man in the past

Spider-Man has also been shown multiple times to make his opponent's skills trivial by his sheer speed and strength.
He's also been shown to be trumped by skill and tagged by people like Punisher and Wolverine,neither of whom are superior to Cap.

It's not an outlier, it's just a circumstance where Spider-Man is fighting someone who knows what he can do, which translates incredibly well to this fight since Cao has a hard statement advantage to go along with a massive skill advantage.

Back