• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Venom from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy vs Venom from Sony's Venom series.

Both 8-C

Speed is Equal

Fight Takes Place at the construction site from Spider-Man 3

Sam Raimi's Venom scales to 0.54 Tons of TnT while Sony Venom scales to 0.55 Tons of TnT

Who Wins?

Small Venom: 0 ()

Big Venom: 9 (Lacku, AbaddonTheDisappointment, TyranoDoom30, sanicspood, Coolboy6, Vizer04, EnnardTrap1987, Knifeman29, Shadyboi0)

Best Venom (Incon): 0 ()

Last edited:
The Raimi Spider-Verse went from Small Building Level to Building Level to Small Building Level to Building Level in the span of 24 hours. Pretty wild ride for the Raimi Characters recently

From what I'm looking at, I'm pretty sure Raimi venom is actually missing a bunch of abilties, but nothing that would really affect this match enough, Raimi venom has a significantly larger LS, and his webs are stronger than that ( as Spiderman struggled to tear them) so webbing up Sony Venom is a semi plausible incap, atleast to incap Eddie, as the symbiote could theoretically melt out of it but leave him behind.

The biggest issue is Sonys healing factor, basically neutralizing any damage dealt on them in this fight, so either Raimi incaps via webbing and MASSIVE LS advantage, or Sony takes him outlasts him

Ironically Spectacular Venom scales to 0.56 Tons, so all the Venoms mentioned in the top post have just 0.01 ton of a difference in AP

Pretty sure Sony Venom should take this considering he's just Raimi Venom but better. Got higher Regen that Raimi Venom's gonna find a hard time at countering, especially considering his lower AP, and longer range.

Raimi Venom could try and just tie Sony Venom up with webs but I dunno if he does that in character. If he tries grappling, Sony Venom could just pull that trick Riot did where he just makes spikes out of his body to get him off, though we've never seen Venom do this iirc so just gonna say Raimi's only win con here is LS. Everything else should make it go to Sony Venom unless Raimi Venom goes for webbing or grappling immediately in character

Raimi Venom does use webs to tie up opponents in character, don't think it's go to move tho
The AP gap is pretty negligeble

Raimi Venom does use webs to tie up opponents in character, don't think it's go to move tho
The AP gap is pretty negligeble
Not really basing my argument on AP, more just the fact that Raimi Venom can't kill him outright because of the comparable AP and Sony's regen. I just pointed out it's slightly lower so that makes it ever so slightly worse for Raimi.

If Raimi Venom does use webs, how often does he use it since that's like his one wincon but if he does it often then he has a higher chance of winning

Sony Venom is stronger by the smallest margin and has a size and range advantage, plus more abilities so I'm leaning towards him winning right now

I mean theoretically, this might end up a stalemate because of scaling as MCU has made those verses canon with each other

I mean theoretically, this might end up a stalemate because of scaling as MCU has made those verses canon with each other
I mean even if their APs end up the same, the abilities are still gonna be different and that’s the main thing with Sony Venom. His regen and longer range are things Raimi Venom can’t deal with reliably if they end up in a physical brawl (which is what I’m assuming both typically go for. IK Sony venom does but idk about Raimi Venom) and equal AP doesn’t change much since they’re already so close.

I mean even if their APs end up the same, the abilities are still gonna be different and that’s the main thing with Sony Venom. His regen and longer range are things Raimi Venom can’t deal with reliably if they end up in a physical brawl (which is what I’m assuming both typically go for. IK Sony venom does but idk about Raimi Venom) and equal AP doesn’t change much since they’re already so close.
I'm talking about abilties, venom 2 says that symbiotes are linked across a multiversal hivemind like the comics and

Spoilers for No way Home:
that's why venom and Eddie were even pulled into the MCU, because the Raimi venom knew Peter Parker, we never see Raimi venom do the more extreme powers but it never really needed to, it only took one superficial slash and instantly covered it, and the only other time it took damage was being vaporized by a pumpkin bomb, even by itself it started shapeshifting and taking on a form more akin to Sony symbiote abilties, so if they potentially become the same it really just comes down to them being dead even, though sony Venom would win in that regard because of experience in fighting other symbiotes

I'm talking about abilties, venom 2 says that symbiotes are linked across a multiversal hivemind like the comics and

Spoilers for No way Home:
that's why venom and Eddie were even pulled into the MCU, because the Raimi venom knew Peter Parker, we never see Raimi venom do the more extreme powers but it never really needed to, it only took one superficial slash and instantly covered it, and the only other time it took damage was being vaporized by a pumpkin bomb, even by itself it started shapeshifting and taking on a form more akin to Sony symbiote abilties, so if they potentially become the same it really just comes down to them being dead even, though sony Venom would win in that regard because of experience in fighting other symbiotes
Huh I never actually thought of that. Mostly cuz (NWH spoiler) Yknow he showed up and then left and was more hung up on the fact he did literally nothing

Back