• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alrighty, I've left KTP stuff to the side for a while but a couple of things were bugging me about it. This was meant to mainly be an ability-based CRT, some of the P&A I added in my first CRTs don't really hold up, so they gotta go. But I found some pretty juicy updates too, so there's a lot of topics here.

No More Heroes stats revisions:
  • So here's the big one, I've calculated the KE of the giant enemy that Travis kills (no idea why I didn't before), and the result ended up in High 5-A. This is an upgrade but I also think it's just generally a better feat to use, the original calc was janky as hell and used an approximation, which granted was a lowball, but this is still a much more straightforward feat to use.
  • This one hurts because adding the calc was one of the very first things I did on site, so I have some nostalgia, but it's gotta be done. Something something kill the past. The Sub-Relativistic feat for NMH1 Travis isn't legit. It's a bit weird given that that is not reflected in gameplay, but in the cutscene where Travis dodges Destroy Beam, Destroyman's beam attacks cause explosions, which is a thing that goes to show that they're not legit lasers. Even if that wasn't the case the evidence is pretty weak, to my knowledge they're never referred to as attacks, there's some smoke but that might just be a result of the explosions. What's even worse is that the support current NMH2 Vladimir calc is not legit either, well the math is but it doesn't scale to Travis, the beam attacks are hitscan in-game and Travis doesn't dodge it in the cutscene either, he just happens to not get hit by it.
  • The NMH1/Early NMH2 rating will be Hypersonic+ based off the first two calculations here
  • The late NMH2 rating however will be a lot higher, MHS+. This is what most people will scale to however I think the Killer7 Relativistic feat is fine to keep, they upscale a fuckton from the MHS+ feat which is only like, 70 times under theirs, IMO it's fine to keep. The FTL stuff for NMH3 is pretty self-sufficient so IMO no questions about that staying.
  • Something that I did notice while looking for those feats is a new feat for late-game NMH2 characters! Vladimir splits a massive satellite in half, which ends up at 7-C. This replaces... basically everyone's High 8-C to 8-A ratings. One thing to note is that Killer7 characters had their own Low 7-C feat which I previously didn't use because its context is too questionable for a leading AP feat. I'm listing it now though, might as well, it's just support.
This isn't really revising statistics, just the way in which they're presented, but I don't know where else to bring it up. I think Travis' profile should be formatted in the same way that Ninja Storm Naruto's is, that is to say to put all stats behind tabbers. The reason for this is is... look at this shit. I'm the guy that wrote it and I can barely comprehend it because of just how much text there is. And I don't think it can be cut too much, so I think this is the best way to format it.

No More Heroes ability revisions: Mainly removing sus stuff and adding scans.
  • Universal Stuff
    • Non-Physical Interaction & Intangibility (Beam katanas) - The logic is that beam katanas are intangible but we don't really know that, they're kinda like lightsabers which are... sort of tangible? Either way while normally the assumption would be that energy blades are intangible, idk if that's really the case here, I'd keep it safe and say no. Travis keeps NPI though.
    • Non-Physical Interaction (TSA people): "Can hit data and Bugs" - Yeah I don't think this is a notable feat if you're in the videogame with them, and videogame characters can interact with them just fine.
    • Data Manipulation (TSA people): No justification but it's just doing wireframe attacks with the same logic as above. It's energy manipulation though, given that it takes the form of energy constructs and they can even do it IRL.
    • Resistance to Time Manip (TSA) - Scan
    • Resistance to Poison Manip (TSA) - "Can survive exposure to Sheepman Green's poison clouds" - We don't really know how strong that poison is so not really notable.
    • Resurrection Negation (TSA) - Yeah Brian Buster just wanted to die, ain't regen neg to just make a man let go. This one was here before I even added it btw
  • Travis Touchdown
    • NMH1
      • Aura - This is an addition, Travis just glows with a red aura in the first trailer (which is canon fyi)
      • Accelerated Development needs some rewording, like specifying that he learns wrestling moves from watching tapes of wrestling matches, not tutorials for them, and that the magazines are from NMH2.
      • Magic - Scan, also Teleportation is added.
      • Perception Manipulation (Also applies to other Dark Step users) - I think this is just moving FTE, maybe you could assume that even a non-perfect Dark Step manages to slow down time on him and that's how it works on comparable people, but either way it's not Perception Manip.
      • There's scans in the P&A for dark side mode stuff, I should copy paste that to the P&A
      • Limited Dream Manipulation and Precognition - I think this should just be Clairvoyance
      • Resistance to Emp athic Manipulation - Should be limited
      • Resistance to Electricity Manipulation - Removed. We have no knowledge of how powerful the electric shock is, getting back up from it is limited. You could argue the same for Resistance to Fire, but being completely unaffected by being set ablaze is imo a bit more noteworthy given that he's no-selling it.
    • NMH2
      • Chi Manipulation - Scan, also Weapon Control is added to the Ecstasy Gauge stuff because it makes Travis' Peony grow bigger when he's really excited.
      • Resistance to Paralysis - Scan for being paralyzed, Scan for breaking out, I think this should add minor Reactive Evolution since the power seemed to work on him the first time.
      • Resistance to Poison/Acid - Scan.
    • NMH3
      • A couple of P&A additions, actually. First off, ESP via the Dr. Juvenile AI being able to sense things arriving through other dimensions. Uhhh, I don't really know what she's talking about regarding the "Death Gauge" there, I think it might be a mistranslation because it does sound vaguely like the Tension Gauge mixed with the Death Glove, which are NMH things. Travis might have accidentally summoned the Arsenal Rollout Model, but honestly I don't know.
      • So, I think Travis should have the Arsenal Rollout Model from Daemon X Machina in his P&A, it's one of the strongest things in his arsenal, probably stronger than his usual mech, and he might be able of summoning it at will anyways?. As for P&A, not much, Large Size Type 0, Flight, Weapon Creation, Aura and Stat Amp.
        • What's more interesting is the possibility of this being a canon crossover. To repeat, the Arsenal specifically comes from another universe, and is very liberally acknowledged as "An Arsenal Rollout Model from Daemon X Machina, by Japanese Publisher Marvelous". Marvelous also owns NMH, fyi. We weirdly don't have stated requirements for considering crossovers but nothing on the page contradicts this.
        • So, if that is accepted, I actually don't think stats should scale back to DXM, Arsenals have a varies mechanism of sort, with Willpower somehow empowering them. All this does is give the Arsenal a couple extra P&A, the default ones you can see in the DxM profile I made a while ago, nothing too big.
  • Henry Cooldown: Resistance to Dream Manipulation: "Defeated Mimmy in his dream" - Yeah this is just like, lucid dreaming ig
  • Not really a NMH character but I'm not making its own section just for one ability, I think Kamui (and other TSC people)'s Social Influencing stuff should just be listed as Unconventional Mind Manipulation, or [[ Social Influencing | Subconscious Influencing ]], it's a Heavy Weather-type thing I just feel stupid having characters that have Resistance to Social Influencing
Shadows of the Damned additions: Moving on, I read the Shadows of the Damned Strategy Guide, (half of the additions are just me not wanting to sit through the game again and using a text scan instead), here's a couple minor additions, as well as removals of questionable abilities. BTW the guide has a lot of behind the scenes stuff and even has a decent amount of stuff written from Johnson's POV so IMO it's fine to use. It also has like 300 dick jokes in it so it gets the game's spirit, you could say. It even has a lil NMH reference, isn't that cute?
  • Garcia's Class M should be removed. This isn't a guide thing, I just think that scaling him to a boss that he needs weapons to defeat is sus. That said I think Eight Hearts scaling to it is ok.
  • Acrobatics (Can pull off combat rolls to quickly cover a short distance or dodge attacks)
  • Garcia's possession resistance should be removed because I don't think it ever actually happens? But on the plus side Johnson actually gets Possession because it's something basically all demons can do.
  • Not a new ability, but confirmation that the Lightshot also stuns humans with no inherent weakness to light.
  • Resistance to Soul Manipulation - Darkness not only steals people's life force, but also their souls (Or rather they're probably just treating the two as one and the same which is very common). This also applies to the TSA playable characters who also can withstand exposure to the Darkness.
  • Also, here's some scans for equipment. The only notable thing is that The Dentist locks on to enemies, which... I dunno if we list that as Homing Attack or Info Analysis but I'd do the latter.
By the way, while I still couldn't find any pictures of the Johnsonpedia, the bestiary, but hopefully that will change when the Remaster comes out. Might nab it myself honestly. Another bit of the game that might grant some feats are the executions.

Lollipop Chainsaw additions: To close things off, here's three things I found for Juliet Starling, first is pretty huge, second and third are very minor.
  • Based on this new calculation, Juliet and other LC characters get upgraded to High 7-C. Now, two things. First off, I actually think this is an improvement in terms of scaling, previously she and others were scaling to Killabilly's GBE, which was kinda sus because he's way stronger than her. This feat has no such issues, it's just weirdly high. I was thinking it would, given that it does obliterate Killabilly, but that's not an issue because it's explicitly doing this by attacking his weak point and causing a chain reaction, which is where the actual explosion comes from. The second thing is that there is a Suda51 statement that Juliet and NMH2 Travis would draw in a fight. While it's currently being used for Juliet, I think it's not as viable the other way: not only is it a big-ish jump in power (over 10x), but the wording makes it feel like Juliet would draw just based on her pre-release showings, but is actually stronger if you look at the full game proper, which kinda makes sense given that the feat is in the ending.
  • Air Manipulation by spinning so fast she makes a whirlwind around her with the "Lolli-O-Copter" move.
  • Aromatic Yoga Oil lets Juliet to get back to fighting quicker any time she's knocked down, which I guess I'd chuck into stamina.

Last edited:
I agree with everything regarding No More Heroes, and I am happy to see a higher scaling for late game NMH2 Travis since the current scaling was a bit low imho.
Also, as much as I don't know much about the other ones, I agree with the rest too.

just gonna keep bumping cause i don't wanna apply this before i'm home anyways

Thanks to Lonkitt, I've found a scan of the JP NMH strategy guide, there's a bit of worthwhile stuff there so I'll try and get translations for it. Nothing huge but some things I didn't know. So uh, this CRT may be delayed a sec.

Thanks to Lonkitt, I've found a scan of the JP NMH strategy guide, there's a bit of worthwhile stuff there so I'll try and get translations for it. Nothing huge but some things I didn't know. So uh, this CRT may be delayed a sec.
So:
  • Page 12 has the note that Travis isn't even near his master (Thunder Ryu)'s level at the game's beginning, and also contains a bunch of minor details about his beam katana. This is important because it's another AD feat for Travis given that he surpasses Ryu by the Speed Buster fight, but it also means that if I ever want to make a profile for Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, not impossible given that there's a translation on Youtube, they actually get scaling to NMH's ratings, given that both Thunder Ryu and Lovikov are wrestlers in that game.
  • Page 13 has some techniques, nothing big but NA&T is nice.
  • Page 50 details some advanced techniques, even ones with 100% chance to stun, which is very noteworthy.
  • Page 51 details how Dark Step reliably escapes an enemy's sight, leaving them confused, which means that uhh, I still don't know what to make of it I still wouldn't consider it Perception Manipulation, but i'd say it's a reliable aspect of it. It also details how Dark Side Mode is a canon energy that Travis has or something. The Cherry section also makes it explicit that enemies can't keep up with his speed which is pretty obvious but it's nice to have that to point at if someone questions that it's a blitz or whatever.
  • Page 88 calls Destroyman's beam a laser, that's really not enough to make it count as SoL but I wanted to point it out.
  • Page 92 says Letz Shake's earthquake would be capable of instant-killing Travis.
  • Page 112 calls Henry's beams "plasma"
  • Page 117 confirms that Thunder Ryu and Lovikov were both Fire Pro Wrestling characters
  • Page 121 says that Holly's missiles are RBS-70, which is like a real thing that moves at over mach 1, idk if it's worth a calc but it's notable as support.
  • Page 124 speaks about Jeane's combat style but I couldn't quite tell that it said.
Essentially nothing big, just some minor P&A and NA&T additions. I'll get this sort of stuff translated by a human being, hopefully.

Last edited:
I went through a couple more guides (the PS3 NMH one, and two Killer7 ones), as well as artbooks and stuff, so I'll make a separate CRT with the additions there. Nothing too crazy, but I'll wait for that to go through before revising profiles.

Ok, took me awhile to read, but I can say I agree with 90% of things, so I will just mention here my nitpicks, the rest is all fine.

• The Dentist could be limited homing, since it tracks the targeting, but not the bullets themselves, ig.
  • Resistance to Fire should go together with Electricity, since Travis seems to still be suffering from it, and in other instances he does suffer from fire attacks. Both still work for stamina (as pain endurance) and maybe supernatural willpower but I'm not too sure, although I wouldn't be against it.
  • I wouldn't add Reactive Evolution for the mere lack of clear confirmations, but the Resistance is fine
  • Resistance to Poison should rather be Purification, since Travis does get affected by it, but manages to heal on his own

I think it's just auto-aim actually, I don't think the bullets home in. We don't really have an ability so imo either P&A is a close enough generalization.
  • Resistance to Fire should go together with Electricity, since Travis seems to still be suffering from it, and in other instances he does suffer from fire attacks. Both still work for stamina (as pain endurance) and maybe supernatural willpower but I'm not too sure, although I wouldn't be against it.
  • I wouldn't add Reactive Evolution for the mere lack of clear confirmations, but the Resistance is fine
  • Resistance to Poison should rather be Purification, since Travis does get affected by it, but manages to heal on his own
Sure

Also one thing I noticed, Bugs are fought in the Darkness in DAMNED: Dark Knight so they should get the resistance. Granted I don't know if they even have souls and stuff, also their Intangibility should go for the same reason as the TSA people's NPI, so.

I also think it's intended to be auto aim, which the game expresses through the enemies being unable to dodge them (like similar weapons and abilities in other games), but only because of game mechanics, rather than the Dentist having both aimbot and tracking bullets.

Also one thing I noticed, Bugs are fought in the Darkness in DAMNED: Dark Knight so they should get the resistance. Granted I don't know if they even have souls and stuff, also their Intangibility should go for the same reason as the TSA people's NPI, so.
Sure

couple of minor things, i got some of the moves mixed up when writing the P&A, also fear manip moves to NMH2 as it only happens in that game.

Last edited:
Back