• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Science Nerd Superhero takes on an Otaku Assassin (Spider-Man vs Travis Touchdown) (Marvel Comics vs No More Heroes)

Spider-Man in his Mark IV suit with General Optional Equipment

Travis in his Travis Strikes Again key (Everywhere only)

Both scale to High 8-C

Takes place in an empty stadium

Start with melee distance

Win via KO, Death or Incapacitation

Who wins and why?

SpiderArmorMKIV2.png

Spider-Man (scales to 7.98 tons)

Travis-touchdown-no-more-heroes-wiki-fandom-powered-by-wikia-travis-touchdown-png-967_1252.png

Travis Touchdown (scales to 7.95 tons)

Spider-Man:

Travis Touchdown:

Draw:

Last edited:
I've thought about this match myself a few times, it's very close. I think Travis wins, but it ain't easy and I could definitely be wrong. First off, thanks for using TSA Travis, haven't really gotten to debate him yet.

By using his bloodlust sensor, Travis will be able to tell Spider-Man's a great fighter. Spidey's got Precog, Travis's got IR although Spider-Sense probably is better, they're virtually equal in AP (Travis upscales a bit so IG he holds the advantage but it doesn't really matter since he uses piercing/heat damage). Spidey has huge LS and webs but Travis can just teleport out of an incon situation- Spider-Man can counter that with his Homing Attack if he manages to put a sensor on him, but Travis can withstand that kind of zap without issue. I think I can argue Travis has an edge in skill but Spider-Man is way more agile so that balances out. Spidey can't really use stealth cause of Travis' Memory of Three, and Travis obviously can't use stealth either, not that he would. Both of them have insane stamina so having a cutting weapon to cause a lot of damage with a single good hit is very good for Travis. Spider-Man won't kill, and while Travis is perfectly willing to, I think he'd rather maim Spider-Man or incap him some other way if possible.

My reasoning as to why Travis should win is the combination of two things. First, Dark Step- it greatly slows down time when Travis dodges an attack, it has to be a full-body movement so just tipping your head to the side doesn't really work, but either way, it slows down time so much that if Travis pulls one off, he's basically won, look at how slow this guy's axe swing is.

The second one is his Death Glove- Spider-Man can realistically avoid any normal move Travis throws at him- not saying he always will, but still, he can. And the reverse applies too. But with some Death Glove skills, Travis can very easily set up a situation where Spider-Man cannot avoid his attacks: The Justice Chip summons a wire on the enemy to pull them towards Travis, which he can use to slice at Spider-Man, the Dendrobium Chip can drain some of Spidey's stamina if used properly, the Shining Chip is a telekinetic toss and the Heavy Chip allows him to select any certain area and slow down time inside it, potentially allowing him to kill Spidey instantly if he's able to. Now he's got a lot of them and can only equip four at a time, with many not being as useful, and they have a fairly long cooldown time if he swaps or uses them, but if the battle drags on he'll definitely figure out the right combination of chips to give himself a huge advantage.

This is not a vote, by the way, I wanna hear counterarguments

One thing I'm confused on is Spider-Man's optional equipment, it doesn't seem like he could carry all that stuff at once

My reasoning as to why Travis should win is the combination of two things. First, Dark Step- it greatly slows down time when Travis dodges an attack, it has to be a full-body movement so just tipping your head to the side doesn't really work, but either way, it slows down time so much that if Travis pulls one off, he's basically won, look at how slow this guy's axe swing is.
Spider-Man also has a more effective version of this I feel, see his Perception Manipulation
The second one is his Death Glove- Spider-Man can realistically avoid any normal move Travis throws at him- not saying he always will, but still, he can. And the reverse applies too.
Meh, tbf, Spider-Man does possess minor sound incap, that can guarantee some hits for him
But with some Death Glove skills, Travis can very easily set up a situation where Spider-Man cannot avoid his attacks: The Justice Chip summons a wire on the enemy to pull them towards Travis, which he can use to slice at Spider-Man, the Dendrobium Chip can drain some of Spidey's stamina if used properly, the Shining Chip is a telekinetic toss and the Heavy Chip allows him to select any certain area and slow down time inside it, potentially allowing him to kill Spidey instantly if he's able to. Now he's got a lot of them and can only equip four at a time, with many not being as useful, and they have a fairly long cooldown time if he swaps or uses them, but if the battle drags on he'll definitely figure out the right combination of chips to give himself a huge advantage.
...are these like projectiles or loadouts orrrr?

Oh wait is Spider-Man getting Optional Equipment besides Mk. 4?
This is not a vote, by the way, I wanna hear counterarguments

One thing I'm confused on is Spider-Man's optional equipment, it doesn't seem like he could carry all that stuff at once
Mmm typically OP gives prior knowledge listed/prep to accommodate for this, yeah.

He can't carry all of it, the file just lists all Optional Equipment he may be able to construct. I doubt he can carry ALL of it, though can say he may be able to carry most, considering his web constructs.

Spider-Man also has a more effective version of this I feel, see his Perception Manipulation
It's much less effective. Spidey amps his perception time but remains as fast as before on a physical sense so Travis can still react to his attacks, Travis actually becomes much faster (Or rather, slows down everything but himself, which is the same effect), to the point that comparable people can't really do anything about it if he's up close and swinging at them while they're slowed down.
Meh, tbf, Spider-Man does possess minor sound incap, that can guarantee some hits for him
True, although with Travis' stamina and general resilience I don't see that being enough.
...are these like projectiles or loadouts orrrr?
They're chips he can put in his glove, the ones I listed aren't projectiles though, they're point-based except for the time slow, that one he needs to use his glove to insert the location, there's plenty projectiles too and even some very fast or AOE ones Spidey might get tagged by, but these are the most effective

It's much less effective. Spidey amps his perception time but remains as fast as before on a physical sense, Travis actually becomes much faster (Or rather, slows down everything but himself, which is the same effect), to the point that comparable people can't really do anything about it.
I mean if you'd note, we DO list Spider-Man's speed with Spider-Sense at Relativistic, to his regular MHS+
True, although with Travis' stamina and general resilience I don't see that being enough.
...to sound?
They're chips he can put in his glove, the ones I listed aren't projectiles though, they're point-based except for the time slow, that one he needs to use his glove to insert the location, there's plenty projectiles too and even some very fast or AOE ones Spidey might get tagged by, but these are the most effective
I see

I mean if you'd note, we DO list Spider-Man's speed with Spider-Sense at Relativistic, to his regular MHS+
Only his reactions, plus "(However, the precognitive reactions only help in situations in which another character's attack speed is much greater than his or her combat speed, or in situations in which their combat speed is only slightly greater than Spider-Man's own)"

When Travis activates a Dark Step he gets much faster, iirc I calced it as x7.something once although that's not really a usable multiplier
...to sound?
Just in general, big 'ol stamina. There might be a sound resist feat but I'd have to look for it a sec. Plus, the sound manip was used against symbiotes with a weakness to sound, wouldn't necessarily work against normal people I assume.

Hmm, in that case should I just make it only Mark IV Spider-Man with no OE then? I have no problem with that if the fight's still close.

Obviously I'm fine with that but I'll defer to the Marvel side's judgement.

bump. Also, Travis is 9.85 tons, 7.95 is his first two keys

Back