• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Upgrade for Fairy Tail and Question about Acno

I found some speed calculations of some characters (in this case: Laxus and Rufus) which could mean an increase in several (if not all) the characters:

Hypersonic+ (scaling from Laxus): For characther like Dragon Force and LFD Mode Natsu (Pre TS), Mystogan, Pre TS Jellal (with Meteor), Hades (Base and Higher for Devil's Eye), Zero and Gildarts

Hypersonic+ (scalign from Rufus): Most of the Post Timeskip Base characters (Base Natsu Gray Erza Juvia Gajeel Mirajane Wendy with spells (Higherto Potencially High Hypersonic for DF Wendy) Chelia Lyon Demon Minerva DF Sting and Rogue Post Timeskip no Meteor Jellal etc, etc, etc...)

Hypersonic (bellow Laxus and Rufus): Pre TS Erza, Pre TS Jellal without Meteor, Kagura and Minerva

High Hypersonic+: LFD Post TS Natsu (Natsu is at least 4.62 (Mach 11.27 / Mach 2.44) times faster with "Dragon Force" and the LFD Mode is equal or even faster (Then the calculation gives a score of Mach 78.52))) Mard Geer, Devil Slayer Gray, Etherious Form Tempesta and Torafuzar

At least High Hypersonic: Post Snd Base Natsu and others (Erza, Kagura, Gray, Gajeel, Wendy with Spells)

At least
High Hypersonic+: FDK Natsu, Zeref and... The Spriggan 12? Maybe?

Note: If I forgot any character just remember the famous "powerscaling". Also this is just an idea that I propose... because honestly, see both "Hypersonic+ Hypersonic+ Hypersonic+" is a little... annoying.

Now, I bring these calculations to see if we get an upgrade for the black dragon and the fire dragon:

Acnologia's Roar:

-
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18519 (Large Island)

-
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18279 (Island)

Panemorfos said:
I believe those are for their movement speed right?
Mystogan and Hades reacted to Laxus lightning form and then Myst and Hades were capable of fight laxus

Laxus has a Massively Hypersonic Movement Speed feat for travelling to Tenrou Island through the clouds. So reacting to Laxus in that form makes anyone MHS in reactions.

Panemorfos said:
Laxus has a Massively Hypersonic Movement Speed feat for travelling to Tenrou Island through the clouds. So reacting to Laxus in that form makes anyone MHS in reactions.
Hyperbole or outlier.

Laxus uses Lightning magic and has been shown transform as a one in many occasions. How is it an outlier. Also, even OBD, which is clearly bashing FT (just look at their page for FT) accept it as legit.

That cloud was very close to the island in my opinion In addition that would create inconsistencies to a ridiculous level so I presented these calculations.

More reasonable and conform to FT.

Panemorfos said:
Laxus uses Lightning magic and has been shown transform as a one in many occasions. How is it an outlier. Also, even OBD, which is clearly bashing FT (just look at their page for FT) accept it as legit.
"arguably massively hypersonic while traveling long distances in lightning form"

Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
"arguably massively hypersonic while traveling long distances in lightning form"
Exactly. Laxus is MHS in travel speed. So his reactions should be the same or close to his travel speed. You can't have travel speed higher than your reaction speed. It doesn't make sense. You can't maneuver or land where you want to land if you can't react to your travelling speed. It says so in the speed section.

Panemorfos said:
Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
Exactly. Laxus is MHS in travel speed. So his reactions should be the same or close to his travel speed. You can't have travel speed higher than your reaction speed. It doesn't make sense. You can't maneuver or land where you want to land if you can't react to your travelling speed. It says so in the speed section.
"arguably ... long distances"

"arguably"

Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
"arguably"
Do you know what arguably means? And long distance makes it even more impressive. Short bursts>long distance travel.

Panemorfos said:
Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
Alpha149 said:
Panemorfos said:
"arguably"
Do you know what arguably means? And long distance makes it even more impressive. Short bursts>long distance travel.
Arguably = maybe, probably, not 100% sure

Travel speed =/= Reaction speed.

This has been said various times. It doesn't make sense, yes, but that's how it is. Many fictions make a distinction between travel and reaction speed anyways. Just because Laxus has MHS travel speed doesn't mean he has MHS reactions.

Promestein said:
Travel speed =/= Reaction speed.
This has been said various times. It doesn't make sense, yes, but that's how it is. Many fictions make a distinction between travel and reaction speed anyways. Just because Laxus has MHS travel speed doesn't mean he has MHS reactions.
And what do you think of Mystogan reacting to Laxus' Mach 11.27 Lightning?

I don't know much about Fairy Tail. Can't really judge it specifically.

If it's inconsistent with the rest of his showings, it's an outlier. If not, it's usable.

Promestein said:
I don't know much about Fairy Tail. Can't really judge it specifically.
If it's inconsistent with the rest of his showings, it's an outlier. If not, it's usable.
Inconsistent is MHS Laxus

HS+ is ok

I don't get it, where are you getting the High hypersonic + from? or the 4.62x multiplier for natsu's speed? the best calc you got there is only Hypersonic+

LordAizenSama said:
I don't get it, where are you getting the High hypersonic + from? or the 4.62x multiplier for natsu's speed? the best calc you got there is only Hypersonic+
Powerscaling DF Natsu is at least Mach 11.27

Base Natsu is Mach 2.44

A ~4.62 Multiplier for DF and LFD

Alpha149 said:
LordAizenSama said:
Powerscaling DF Natsu is at least Mach 11.27
Base Natsu is Mach 2.44

A ~4.62 Multiplier for DF and LFD
Why the multipliers?

I agree with LordAizenSama. Power multipliers tend to be unreliable speculation. We need actual showings of that scale.

Yes, but quite frankly: is good put ALL Hypersonic+ and thanks to a miracle of God someone put High Hypersonic for Spriggan? It may be somewhat loose, but thats the reality

We already have Spriggan members at HH so Natsu's final form should at least be there, but yea those acnologia calc aren't accepted even though he is most likely an island buster being a god-tier

Alpha149 said:
Yes, but quite frankly: is good put ALL Hypersonic+ and thanks to a miracle of God someone put High Hypersonic for Spriggan? It may be somewhat loose, but thats the reality
Well, regrettably it is all that we have to go by, but you can scale the appropriate characters from Laxus and Rufus without multipliers if you wish.

Antvasima said:
Alpha149 said:
Well, regrettably it is all that we have to go by, but you can scale the appropriate characters from Laxus and Rufus without multipliers if you wish.
And what about the "At least High Hypersonic" I suggested?

They proved to be in this range because of they increased in power and speed.

Back