• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of Light or FTL feats in Devil May Cry?

In Devil May Cry 5, doesn't Nero dodge that flying demon's lasers (the demon that had Lady inside it) which are stated to be light?. Although that would need a calc.

I really don't see DMC being FTL at all, the absolute best feat is Relativistic and done by a God Tier

Artemis Light was already rejected by Matt, btw

I don't think there are FTL feats but I'm pretty sure more Sub-rel to reletavistic feats exist.I believe the Damned Chesspiece Queen's attack is called a laser in the Guidebooks and has properties of a laser but I didn't save the scan and I don't have the guidebook.I need to look up more speed feats for the verse.

I don't think that creating a space is a feat of speed. But in that scene, seconds later, Mundus flies and you see the movement with the change of position of the stars, I think that should be calculated.

Galens said:
I do not think that creating a space is a feat of speed. But in that scene, seconds later, Mundus flies and you see the movement with the change of position of the stars, I think that should be calculated.
I think this was calced in the past and rejected.

Dienomite22 said:
I don't think there are FTL feats but I'm pretty sure more Sub-rel to reletavistic feats exist.I believe the Damned Chesspiece Queen's attack is called a laser in the Guidebooks and has properties of a laser but I didn't save the scan and I don't have the guidebook.I need to look up more speed feats for the verse.
Rook

Though I guess if it were accepted, there should be room for possibly FTL reactions since you can't really argue that they slowed down when fighting while orbiting the planet.

I think it would be MFTL+ thanks to some points to highlight in the video, and I could even try to calculate it, although it would take some time.

MFTL+ it's not going to be accepted...I believe

Honestly, I would focus on the Damned Rook, we have a scan with Dante dodging it which might end in the Sub Relativistic range, and since even a Ultra Fodders like Blitz already are MHS+, I don't think it's will be considered Outlier

Well, the thing is, the possibly MFTL+ calc would only apply to the God Tiers. If it's solid, it can't be ruled as an outlier.

I'm hopeful it's a solid calc. If it is, DMC won't have to have speed equal so often. And maybe it'll get a bit farther in the 3-A chain.

That's not the only problem

The calc also assumes that Dante's distance to that Planet was the same as Earth - Venus, which is a Low ball but we can't say that, they weren't on our Star System, the distance is completely Unknown

But worth a try

I'll ask someone to calc the Damned Rook Feats

The bad with the calculation, as Dante said, is Venus and the distance, assuming they are in our star system (which is unknown).

The problem is that they were in the middle of nowhere in outer space, so it could not be Venus because these planets usually orbit around those star systems, which means they can not be that far away from that particular star system. But you do not see any planet in the background, even when the camera points up when Dante flies.

For Dante and Mundus to arrive at the atmosphere of a different planet, they must have flown to a different star system, at the very least.

Why does it require another star system?

-You don't see any planets in the background, or anywhere really (only stars)

-The planetoid in question could have been orbiting in any one of those stars, which on average, are light years away from each other.

-Said star system is many light years away from where Dante and Mundus were standing (meaning they is at least be that far away from the nearest star)

As to how far this system is, also taking into account the change of position of the stars when Mundus flies upwards, the stars in the background pass to another place, it is clear that we are beyond the stars in the background in that point.

Therefore, the route from Earth to Venus could not be made, nor can the route of all the stars that were seen be calculated, so we would only take the route to the nearest star (where the planetoid would be)

-Nearest star to Earth is Proxima Centauri , which is 4.2 light years away.

-We could divide by 20 as the calculation suggests, but we must take into account that in the video, the first to arrive is Dante and then Mundus, so it would be between 4 and you get 1.05 LY away

-1 LY = 31536000 times SoL

-More like 33 million times C.

I did what I could, excuse my basic english when writing

That's a excelent calc ma boi, but I was thinking on another point, that I believe it will result in lower speeds but maybe it's more safer

> As you said, the Planet that they arrive is not visible

Taking Pluto (which is small for a Planet) as Low End, what would be the distance necessary to a Planet of this size be not visible ? Then take this distance and divide by 20, it is the best bet for a Low End, the only assumption is using Pluto, but honestly, this planet is pathetic

And probably is a FTL feat

Dante Demon Killah said:
I really don't see DMC being FTL at all, the absolute best feat is Relativistic and done by a God Tier
Just to respond to this but Mundus did the feat casually, somewhat sealed and he isn't even the "top" god tier of the verse.

The reason why I do not use Pluto is because in the video we see many stars passing, but that could not be calculated and there is an unknown distance from star to star.

Then just calculate the distance from one star to the lowest we have, and it is the nearest star that is Proxima Centauri. Without saying that the conditions of this planet are those of one that orbits sufficiently close to the sun.

Actually, it's also worth mentioning that the planet they arrived at was vaguely earth-like, so we need to find the nearest Earth-like planet (rocky planet with an atmosphere) in another star system.

This is, again, assuming that they start at Earth.

Thankfully, Proxima Centauri b fills this void, so we don't need to change anything. Though, it is from interstellar space, so there's a lot of vagueness around this feat. It's very clear that it is vastly above a mere relativistic+.

Seriously, if we only use the distance necessary to a Planet be not visible, it would be much safer, assuming that they start on Earth is wrong by default

Thanks Sparda, I was searching for that

The neccesary distance for a planet to not be visible varies widely, but considering there was no starting star (i.e, star close by that appeared larger than others) it's very safe to assume they were in, or at least entered, interstellar space.

(Hilariously, this would also give Dante resistance to Cosmic Radiation. Another resistance in the textbook of Dante's resistances, I suppose.)

The minimum distance for a star to appear as "just another star in the sky" varies massively. Depending on the star, this can be anywhere from just a few AU to light years. Assuming that they start at least near the sun, this would mean that Dante have to start near Pluto's aphelion, or 49.3 AU. That's 7.3752 x 10^9 KM, roughly.

Since they did not jump/travel to Venus (They didn't fly closer to any star at any point in the fight), it's very safe to assume that they flew outward from there into interstellar space, then jumped to either Proxima Centauri b or Venus from interstellar space.

The distance between these two would vary widely, and so would the difference in speed. Massively lowballing here, but if they jumped from near Pluto's aphelion to Venus in roughly 10 seconds, that would put them at around 2.65507 x 10^12 Km/h, or roughly 2,460 times light speed. Solidly above baseline MFTL+.

On the other end of the spectrum, assuming they jumped from Pluto's Aphelion to Proxima Centarui b, that's massively faster. Using the same calc and assuming the same timeframe, that's 12,622,065 times faster than light. Solidly MFTL+.

Of course, I'm making a varied amount of assumptions here. Feel free to propose other solutions.

Also, the Rook wouldn't be an outlier. It only applies to Dante and those that scale to him, no one else.

It's a laser beam. Just because it's a fodder demon doesn't mean it suddenly isn't one.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Also, the Rook wouldn't be an outlier. It only applies to Dante and those that scale to him, no one else.

It's a laser beam. Just because it's a fodder demon doesn't mean it suddenly isn't one.
It is because the god tiers have some speed feats and having a fodder perform something higher than them is the definition of an outlier.

The Damned Rook have a Laser Attack that goes at Lightspeed, but they OBVIOUSLY don't scale to their own attack in movement, combat or reaction speed, it's just one attack, not their physical speed

Back