• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Concerning Yakumo Yukari

I do not know what to make of it, relativistic seems to be the most common speed in Touhou. But someone like Yukari, who is confirmed to drop through gaps, makes me question whether or not she should be "At least relativistic", via her gaps. If I recall correctly, she is able to close in VERY large distances with her gaps.

And again, it's very vague, and I'd like input on this. The Gap Hag needs more revisions from what I'm seeing.

It's teleportation, not really travel or reaction speed.

You can se her speed is augmented with teleportation but yeah natural speed wise she should be relativistic

It's kinda like the FTL GLA tunnel network regarding gameplay mechanics

Yukari has a wide range with teleportation, but that doesn't mean her natural movement speed is that fast

But I do agree that some edits should be made to Yukari

Even then, I know the likes of Sans had a speed boost because of teleportation. So it's only logical to set it to "At least relativistic", by the standpoint you just brought up. But, teleporters like Sans might just have prequisites to allow their teleportation to mean anything in terms of speed.

MirthfulDoggedness said:
Even then, I know the likes of Sans had a speed boost because of teleportation. So it's only logical to set it to "At least relativistic", by the standpoint you just brought up. But, teleporters like Sans might just have prequisites to allow their teleportation to mean anything in terms of speed.
Not sure if it applies here, but the reason I specifically made mention of Sans' teleportation in his speed is due to the fact that he frequently uses it on not only himself, but his opponents and attacks, as well. To top it all off, he seems to be able to change things around while doing so. Such as moments in battle that go like so:

• Sans activates teleportation on Frisk during an attack.
  • Frisk blinks away and the screen goes black.
  • When returned, Frisk is in the middle of an entirely different attack despite only vanishing for a fraction of a second.
This, to me, is far, far more combat applicable than most other common uses of teleportation and is important to mention alongside his regular speed.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
MirthfulDoggedness said:
Not sure if it applies here, but the reason I specifically made mention of Sans' teleportation in his speed is due to the fact that he frequently uses it on not only himself, but his opponents and attacks, as well. To top it all off, he seems to be able to change things around while doing so. Such as moments in battle that go like so:
  • Sans activates teleportation on Frisk during an attack.
  • Frisk blinks away and the screen goes black.
  • When returned, Frisk is in the middle of an entirely different attack despite only vanishing for a fraction of a second.
This, to me, is far, far more combat applicable than most other common uses of teleportation and is important to mention alongside his regular speed.
Ah, those are very valid points. I still feel Yukari needs to be "At least relativistic", what do you think the verdict should be, Aza?

im not going to lie

alot of people are talking out of their ass with undertale sans fanboyism idk why people think hes so fast when yukari has hi m beat in both natural speed and a far stronger teleportation/reality hax ability to augment her natural speed with on top of that

its literally standard in touhou verse to move beyond lightspeed and reimu regularly dodges/goes beyond light speed

did I mention that yukari also regularly trolls the same reimu by always sneaking up on her/appearing behind/beside her and stealing her food for troll sake?

idk who gave yukari such a low tier speed rating on the wiki but they need to go back and study the games and read the official zun comics because yukari is far far beyond just mere lightspeed

Ah, another thing to be considered, in Hisotensoku, Yukari's spellcard "Obsolete Line - Trip to the Old Station" clearly shows Yukari teleporting a moving train VERY quickly. Although I have no idea how far the nearest train track is, there's certainly none in the Gensokyo. I just thought this is worthy of mentioning. (And the fact doing this is something that shows how applicable her teleportation is in combat.)

AWildAPSona said:
alot of people are talking out of their ass with undertale sans fanboyism idk why people think hes so fast when yukari has hi m beat in both natural speed and a far stronger teleportation/reality hax ability to augment her natural speed with on top of that
I would agree if it weren't for just how obscenely broken the 'god tier' of Undertale is. It's not fanboyism. The feats shown are provably just a cut above the rest. Sans, being literally right before said 'god tier' makes him difficult to figure out.

Back on to Yukari's speed... it's very difficult to figure out how fast her natural speed is(both movement and reactions). Gaps are great for crossing long distances, redirecting attacks, and general purpose shenanigans, though. But, without knowing her reaction speed, as well as how long it takes to open a gap, combined with the fact that she must actually pass through it... you can't really just say it's her base speed.

Drac32Drac said:
AWildAPSona said:
I would agree if it weren't for just how obscenely broken the 'god tier' of Undertale is. It's not fanboyism. The feats shown are provably just a cut above the rest. Sans, being literally right before said 'god tier' makes him difficult to figure out.
Back on to Yukari's speed... it's very difficult to figure out how fast her natural speed is(both movement and reactions). Gaps are great for crossing long distances, redirecting attacks, and general purpose shenanigans, though. But, without knowing her reaction speed, as well as how long it takes to open a gap, combined with the fact that she must actually pass through it... you can't really just say it's her base speed.
As far as I noticed, they most likely open VERY fast. However, I suppose I agree. But, I wonder how "Relativistic, possibly higher" sounds.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"At least" or "likely higher" could probably be added in to Yukari's speed, really.
I very much agree. Should I go ahead and add that in, or should I wait for the input of others? I can wait, time to kill. ^^

I personally think it's completely fine (Yukari is usually casual and her abilities can likely allow her to be much faster), but I suppose waiting a few minutes wouldn't hurt.

I would weager that this could apply to other people as well, since Yukari isn't alone being a top tier. Junko in particular.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I would weager that this could apply to other people as well, since Yukari isn't alone being a top tier. Junko in particular.
Very much so a possibility, so much potential within the top-tiers.

Back