• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Speed Blitzes" and "One-Shots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. So since 1 m is the assumption for the Reactions page and the cap of standard melee range, that'll make

1 m: 6.86x multiplier
5 m: 34.3x multiplier
20 m: 137.2x multiplier

For the longer ranges though there's the factor that the character would one-shot him once he closes down the distance

Need it a bit more specific, but this works

Assuming no CIS, infinite stamina and environmental obstructions. Character A is the character getting speed-blitz

Case I: Character A is in in H2H combat with the opponent, equal skill level, 1 metre distance

Case II: Character A is in extended melee-weapon combat with the opponent, equal skill level, 5 metres

Case III: Character A is using a projectile-based weapon firing at a speed near instantaneous from their own perspective, low skill level, starting distance 20 metres

Case IV: Character A is using a projectile-based weapon firing at a speed near instantaneous from their own perspective, military level training, starting distance 20 metres

Case V: Character A has thought-based ability capable of oneshotting the opponent while the opponent has a projectile-based weapon firing at a speed near instantaneous from their own perspective, starting distance 10 metres.

Case VI: Character A has thought-based ability capable of oneshotting the opponent while the opponent can oneshot Character A by melee combat, starting distance 10 metres

Case VII: Both Character A and their opponent have thought-based abilties capable of oneshotting each other.

and so on...

Stuff like this, we need to define the MINIMUM speed gap required to never get hit by Character A OR hitting and KOing Character A before they can respond. If a specific speed type or multiple speed types are needing definitions in a specific case, please state them all.
I mean I already gave some demonstrative cases.

...does this need a separate thread? This one is getting too unfocused.

I mean yes multiple cases can be applicable at once in a fight :V

If a character for example notes they're getting blitzed in a certain range, they'll try to use other tactics to reduce distance between them :V

Okay. Feel free to do so then.

You can summon all of the staff members who voted previously afterwards if you wish.

I am in between option 2 and 3 and prefer looking in a case by case basis.

Even in real life such speed blitz and AP stomp can happen between two ordinary humans under different situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back