• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spectacular Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 4: Fight Hachi!!

Rocker1189 said:
No, the planet had a ring , we do not know its size.
Yeah and only large planets manage pull off a ring because of larfe size and corresponding high gravity which pulls off the meteors and keeps them in position.Saturn is the prime example of this

Battler356ushiromiya said:
Yeah and only large planets manage pull off a ring because of larfe size and corresponding high gravity which pulls off the meteors and keeps them in position.Saturn is the prime example of this
Yes and fiction does not give a shit about this, unless the planet is given a specific size or is compared to another actual planet we would stick to Earth sizes.

Actually we only stick to earth sizes if the planet shows features and similarities to earth.

We can just make a crt for it as well because that planet is definitely way bigger than earth

"Definitely" no that's not true, we don't get any implication or statements regarding the size of the planet at all so you can't say it's "definitely" way bigger than earth.

And we've had a crt not long ago outlining that we need explicit statements and insinuations that suggest the planet being larger than earth.

One of the implications of the planet being bigger is having rings, like Saturn. But I couldn't remember any rings, only the rings in the explosion. So Astral isn't wrong at all

We literally got an implication with the huge Ring around the planet but it's fine if you want to ignore that.

We also see planets that are shaped like triangles and cubes, these physically impossible phenomena clearly tell us that in regards to S8 the rules don't all apply. So why should we automatically assume that the planet in question is larger than earth if basic rules like a planet needs to be a sphere aren't even followed?

Plus if we want to ignore all I've mentioned above, not all planets with rings are giant, afaik there have been recorded cases of minor planets that are ringed and in fact one of Saturn's moons "Rhea" I believe it is called is also ringed. Plus larger planets that have rings tend to be gas giants, which the planet in question here is definitely not.

This can also be used against you. Why would we assume the planets are Earth sized if S8 can't even follow a rule of planets being a sphere?

We assume any planet that we are shown is earth sized unless were given explicit evidence either stating it is larger than earth or explicit evidence saying the planet is smaller than earth. Planets being cubes or triangles does not take away from this rule (for better or worse), but what it does take away from is using the cosmetics of the planet as a factor for arguing size

Well I just think it is simpler anyway, we have been given a sze for 1 planet at least, so hopefully we might get some more.

Wathever the size of Ichigo's planet was Saturn sized or not...Warheads explosions are comparable to the explosions of dying stars.

The explosion of a star that dies is indeed a supernova. This always the case and it's even the largest explosion that can take place in space.

Davidsteel1 said:
We also see planets that are shaped like triangles and cubes, these physically impossible phenomena clearly tell us that in regards to S8 the rules don't all apply. So why should we automatically assume that the planet in question is larger than earth if basic rules like a planet needs to be a sphere aren't even followed?

Plus if we want to ignore all I've mentioned above, not all planets with rings are giant, afaik there have been recorded cases of minor planets that are ringed and in fact one of Saturn's moons "Rhea" I believe it is called is also ringed. Plus larger planets that have rings tend to be gas giants, which the planet in question here is definitely not.
The Ball galaxy quadrant follows the rule of spherical planets by having ball shaped planets and stars lol

Btw coming back to chapter.Daruma said in order to totally master the atmos fangs all the stats need to be above 900 . when Hachi having his stats amplified by Ann which is still below 100 in every case except gravity was able to use Atmos fangs that powerful so just imagine how powerful would a mastered Atmos fangs will be.Damn Daruma must be an absolute monster at his prime

We should stick to what we know until we have further proof. We are given exact number to the capability of the Cubic warheads... 10,000km. Now, if that is just the blast radius produced or the limit of what it can destroy remains to be unseen. In either case, it would be wise to wait for further confirmation before upgrading the attack to Star Level.

IIRC it was stated that Warheads can completely obliterate 10k km. radious planets. However this doesn't mean it can't kill/destroy into pieces stuff bigger than that. We've got 2 statements about "explosion of a dying star" and the "it can kill any celestial body". Furthermore the whole blasts are clearly far larger than the planets.

Some random girl saying things like "star exploding", and then a Planet exploded. Yeah, pretty clear. I will stop to debate this, since this is not gonna happen anyway

Valrhavn said:
IIRC it was stated that Warheads can completely obliterate 10k km. radious planets. However this doesn't mean it can't kill/destroy into pieces stuff bigger than that. We've got 2 statements about "explosion of a dying star" and the "it can kill any celestial body". Furthermore the whole blasts are clearly far larger than the planets.
What I mean is that the 10k KM statement can be interpreted in two ways. Way one, the Warheads can only produce enough power to destroy a planet of 10k km radius and under. In which case, not planet level.

Way two, War heads can produce an explosion big enough to completely engulf a 10k km radius... in which case, the power produced itself might be enough to bust a star.

Anyhow,theory time. I believe Ichigo might be an oracle rather than a key given how she predicted the future of her Planet. There is also the fact that Kishimito has taken clear inspirations from Greek Mythology in the form of the Pandora's box.

Another possible theory is that, Ichigo might be a key with the abilities of an Oracle. In which case, I can see all the keys having their own unique abilities. It would also lend weight to that old interview from S8's Editor... in it, the editor claimed that the Main charcater's sword literally explodes.

Which one you do you think is more likely? Keys with unique abilities or Ichigo being just an Oracle?

think the second is most likely, I think she is a key and an oracle heck was it stated that the 7 keys actually needed to be samurai?

Battler356ushiromiya said:
Btw coming back to chapter.Daruma said in order to totally master the atmos fangs all the stats need to be above 900 . when Hachi having his stats amplified by Ann which is still below 100 in every case except gravity was able to use Atmos fangs that powerful so just imagine how powerful would a mastered Atmos fangs will be.Damn Daruma must be an absolute monster at his prime
Okay so what about this one

Its weird, I honestly think that it means that it was basically just Daruma that did the atmosfang, and he used Hachi's body for unknown reasons, He said he wont smash the moon completely if he did it himself, which I believe means that the moon would still be in large pieces even after he smashes it apart, maybe he simply used Hachi's gravity.

Rocker1189 said:
Its weird, I honestly think that it means that it was basically just Daruma that did the atmosfang, and he used Hachi's body for unknown reasons, He said he wont smash the moon completely if he did it himself, which I believe means that the moon would still be in large pieces even after he smashes it apart, maybe he simply used Hachi's gravity.

Nah I'd simply just wait in confirmation

Back