• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soulcalibur Discussion Thread

I like how no one ever really brings up how technically...TECHNICALLY. Soul Calibur is like a pseudo prequel to Tekken. Like I think they are considered the same universe and Earth. Makes you wonder if we will get a crossover in the future. Because, this makes me wonder how the Devil Gene and Soul Edge's power will interact or if they are connected.

They are since in Tekken ther's mention of SOul Edge having something to do with Yoshimisu's Blade in Tekken and I think it was mentioned Zasalamel was in the Tekken universe in his ending in 4

On an unrelated note is anyone else disappointed Nightmare isn't a guest character in Tekken? I mean shit he'd be canon and he'd fit better then say Negan

Give it time. Seeing as SC is back on the map, it's possible. The issue is, his playstyle may be a little hard to put into Tekken due to the giant sword vs a majority of CQC fighters. I may be wrong tho. But yeah, he'd fit. Or at least Inferno or Zasalamel. Zasalamel makes sense seeing as logically he'd be alive during that time. Of course knowing Zasalamel, it makes you wonder why he hasn't gotten involved with the previous tournaments yet.

1) Hopefully yeah (I could see him being a risk and reward fighter but that's just me)

2) I actually had a theory that we've already seen Zasalamel in the Tekken timeline (You might not be surprised tho)

So I read these comments on YouTube and they give some interesting details. However, seeing as it is a YouTube comment, take it with a grain of salt.

"there is a actual lore reason why this new timeline is created at this point in SC storyline."

"You will have to play through the Chronicles Mode though (which is very long due to multiple endings and story paths to take). The Normal Story mode is only part of the story covering why this new Timeline is created.´╗┐"

Hmm I can see it being due to Sieg becoming Nightmare (Big event) the only thing I wonder is how this occured (I doubt it's the swords but I could see it involving our new antagonist)

I subscribed the moment I finished the video. Like good lord. Now if they could do Zasalamel's Kafziel, I would be happy...

So apparently it has been offficially revealed that the Yoshimitsu from Soul Calibur is the anscestor of the Yoshimitsu from Tekken. This means that canonically, Soul Calibur and Tekken take place in the same universe and are canon to one another. This means that there could be a chance for someone like Zasalamel or Soul Edge/Soul Calibur to appear in Tekken as a plot point....not like that'll happen anytime soon...

I don't think we have to worry about Soul Calibur dying anytime soon. Soul Calibur is bringing the hype and great reviews all across the board..

Gamespot ― 8

Destructoid ― 8.5

Heavy ― 9.5

God is a Geek ― 8.5

Xbox Achievements ― 85%

COGconnected ― 85/100

VideoGamer ― 8

GamesBeat ― 83/100

Attack of the Fanboy ― 4.5/5

Metro ― 8

Gaming Nexus ― 8.5

IGN Italy [Italian] ― 8.7

IGN - 8.9

Metacritic - 85%

Hobby Consolas [Spanish] ― 85/100

Gameblog [French] ― 8

Who is everyones favorite character from the series?.

I played the game (Soul Calibur 3) back when I was around 11 or 12. Couldn't understand the controls because... Well I was young and they used letters to describe the buttons (The X button was G for example) so I was confused. Had to learn what the all are so I could get those interactive cutscenes right.

Anyway I'm rambling. This was just suppose to be a question about who's everyones favorite character. It the was law in my eye that in every game like this I find the guy with the biggest sword and you know who that was, Siegfried. He was the first character I played as in the series and my favorite, it's also because I'm a fan of the Knight look.

I've always been a fan of Maxi. Despite his name making me think of a certain line of incontinence products.

The guy consistently has some of the best shit-talking lines in every game he appears in. He was MKX Johnny Cage before MKX existed.

Him having nunchucks in a game that mostly deals in swords is also pretty great.

Back