• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soulcalibur Discussion Thread

Well we have Astaroth's Soulcalibur lll feats that I gotta look at in a moment. But I think it most revolves around him destroying the landscape and a temple in his rage. So likely another good low tier feat.

The speed remains the same thanks to Ivy and Cervantes [Superhuman with Supersonic+ combat speed and reactions], everyone kind of keeps up with the most of the others char. sans for Algol and Night Terror [Who are Subsonic from Night Terror being faster then the eye with at least Supersonic+ combat speed and reactions]. Soul Edge Cervantes also needs weather and electricity manipulation abilities from his ending.

Low Tier = High 8-C [From a very casual Taki. Mass Produces Astaroth should be able to cause this much damage]

Mid Tier = 7-A [I think it should not scale from a full powered Soul Edge since Nightmare main objective is the restore the sword power]

Top Tier = 6-C [Scales to the full powered Soul Edge feat]

God Tier: At least 6-C [Superior to the Full Powered Nightmare and Soul Calibur]

Low Tiers

Xiba: Hyped since his tranings and as Kilik successor, but he should be low tier since is featless and always hungry. Still not ready to face Kilik since he tried to fight an ╬▒ Patroklos that wasn't serious at all.

First Yoshimitsu: Was initially no match for the army nor Nobunaga. Obtained a Soul Edge Fragment, but did not showed anything interesting after.

Second Yoshimitsu: He should be comparable to the first one.

Yun-Seong: Should be compared to other characters of her tier such as Talim.

Viola: Featless, so comparable to the other low tiers.

Voldo: Fought and injured Patroklos, who then fought an Astaroth Clone.

Talim: Has not shown anything that puts her higher, so is the same as Mi-na.

Raphael: Stomped by Nightmare and fought with Cassandra.

Rock: Fought and defeated Aeon Calcos, but was then defeated by Astaroth.

Seong Han: Trained Seong Mi-na and Hon-Yun, he should be as skilled as them.

Seon Mi-na: She got stomped by strong opponents such as Ivy and Edge Master, who briefly trained with.

Natsu: Was trained by Taki, but is the same as Xiba.

Necrid: Same as Viola.

Olcadan: Same as Necrid.

Hilde: I did not found for now heavy material for her being mid tier.

Dampierre: Because he is Dampierre

Amy: Likely trained with Raphael.

Mass Produced Astaroth: Should be all much weaker than the Original, but able to easily destroy a temple.

Cassandra: Fought with Raphael.

Aoen Calcos: Fought and lost with Rock, but over time he became more stronger after he lost his humanity, dominated and became the leader of group of weaker Lizardman's.

Base Pyrrha: Comparable to Patroklos, through she does not want to harm anyone.

Base Patroklos: Initially defeated some fodders, Voldo and an Astaroth Clone, but was easily defeated by Z.W.E.I and Siegfried.

Liexia: The same as Xiba and Natsu.

Hwang: Same as Seon Han and Mi-na.

Mid Tiers

Li Long: Taki herself described him as a incredibly strong. He did not fought regular Cervantes, but him with the Soul Edge.

Original Astaroth: Fought with Sophitia and planned to betray Nightmare and take his Soul Edge, this is all before he was empowered by the shards of Soul Edge.

Zasalamel: Defeated Kilik. He revived the will of the Soul Edge in the form of a new Nightmare with no host, fought Ivy and can fight with Siegried or Nightmare.

Z.W.E.I: Fought and destroyed Graf Dumas Nightmare.

Setsuka: Heavily warned to be too powerful for anyone to battle, fought a Mitsurugi that was not holding back.

Maxi: Managed to block an enraged Kilik, as well as killing the Original Astaroth.

Mitsurugi: Struggled several times with Taki, was excided in presumably fighting Nightmare. Fought Setsuka and tried to fight Algol.

Ivy: Initially assisted Nightmare, then clashed with Zasalamel and Cervantes.

Charade: He is an important part of Nightmare.

Sophitia: Fought with SE Cervantes [Who was not showcasing his full power] and managed to destroy one of his blades, the smaller one. She later fought with Original Astaroth.

Taki: The rival of Mitsurugi, who she struggled with. Dealt the finishing blog that killed SE Cervantes, latter planned to fight Nightmare and was sure that her Mekki-Maru [Her strongest weapon vital in SE and SC] would have destroyed the Soul Edge along with it.

SC Cervantes: Fought with Ivy.

Siegfried: Helped against SE Cervantes and defeated the Incomplete Inferno, which chosed as his vessel.

Not Full Power Nightmare: Released this much energy with the evil seed, requires characters on his tier like Xianghua, Kilik and Z.W.E.I to be stopped.

Xianghua: Defeated Siegfried Nightmare and Incomplete Inferno alsongside Kilik.

Kilik: Defeated Nightmare and Incomplete Inferno alogside Xianghua, tried to fight Zasalamel and harmed a casual Edge Master in order to purify him.

Incomplete Inferno: Fought and lost to Siegfried, Xianghua and Kilik.

Tira: Held back on porpouse against Patroklos in order to continue her plan, unfazed by the possibility of fighting Graf Dumas Nightmare or Z.W.E.I, who she considered pawns of her plan.

Pyrrha ╬®: Forced Graf Dumas Nightmare to escape, then she harmed Z.W.E.I.

Top Tiers

Edge Master: Trained for all his life, knows all the fighting styles and is considered a legend, trained Kilik [who is essential in taking Nightmare] and stated that he'd be willing to fight Algol. [During his training with Kilik in SC3, he was in a casual state].

Full Power Soul Calibur Siegfried: With it Siegfried fought and managed to defeat a Full Power Soul Edge.

Full Power Soul Edge Cervantes/Nightmare/Inferno: Does a feat of this size, the Full Power Soul Calibur is its rival.

Elysium: Comparable to a Full Power Inferno.

Soul Calibur ╬▒ Patroklos: Defeated Pyrrha ╬® with the Soul Edge, then defeated Elysium.

Soul Edge Pyrrha ╬®: Stated to be a better host than Dumas, which allowed to harness the full power of the Soul Edge and fight Soul Calibur ╬▒ Patroklos.

Abyss: A final boss that is born from Zasalamel absorbing the essences of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

God Tiers

Algol: The second stronger character in the series, superior to the Complete Soul Edge and Calibur.

Night Terror: The strongest character in the series. Slighty above Algol, but on the same tier.

Looks fine. Maybe Xiba, Lexia, Natsu and Hilda can get a "possibly higher"?

How should we handle;

Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi

Yes. I think they have the potential to surpass those that came before them, but only with time which we will not see because reboot. I listed everyone sans Li Long, who is in the note.

Scheherazade = She is featless.

Shura = Is the fusion of two strong warriors, but never fought someone in a canon setting.

Ashlotte = All we know that she planned to take down Astaroth through strategy, but Maxi reached in such task.

Kamikiimusi = She searches the Soul Edge power like many others, but that's only it.

Angol Fear is based of this character, she is a guest like Starkiller, Vader and Yoda. Geralt is the first one of them that will appear in the reboot story,

I need to go to bed, but i will explain one last thing: Cervantes is 6-C in Soul Edge since he has the full powered SE, which enabled him to perform said feat. But the power is through both sword, he has a longer one which contains most power and the smaller one, which contains much less. Li Long is a mid tier char. that forced Cervantes to mainly use the strong one, thus led to his heavy defeat. Then Siegried, but mainly Sophitia fought Cervantes, she was able to break the weaker sword, but was shotted by the stronger sword, Taki then appeared and fought him, but her sealing spells proved useless and Rekki-Maru had nearly lost all of it's power, she was able to win because she phisically strucked Cervantes, who was tired and depleted since Inferno suffered the destruction of a piece of itself. After that Soul Edge was reduced as one weakened sword, which explains how Siegfried defeated the weakened Inferno and became Nightmare.

The Low 6-B+ is only for the god tiers or are there some issues with that calc?.

There is only an issue with the Low 6-B+ end of Algol's feat. Only the City level end was accepted. However, everything else is fine. As such God tiers will simply be "At least 6-C" instead of "Low 6-B+".

Welp, now we can make SC files a thousand times easier now. Although we should add weapon abilities to existing files as well.

Btw remove Yveltal's tie with Night Terror. He's no longer 5-B. And I think Onaga's loss to him.

I think one of them would have been enough, i hope they don't ditch the other fan favourite characters [Mainly Voldo, Cervantes and Astaroth] over them in the regular roster. Laslty there is Yoshimitsu.

I saw. Inferno might not be the final boss, but Voldo, Astaroth and Cervantes [here ] are in. The new renders are good, which we will apply later.

I can already see a pain in the ass boss fight as well. I am getting Algol, Night Terror, Elysium and Abyss vibes.

I like them. Seeing Cervantes reminds me of one of the CaC races. Maybe they are of a zombie race?

Back