• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soulcalibur Discussion Thread

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
With this being the 20th Anniversary and all why not make a thread to talk about all things Soulcalibur.

I think the series might need to reboot for Soul Calibur VI because it's hard to know how things are going to stay for the lore after Soul Calibur V.

Yes, their fate is left unknown because they needed to end the story this way, a story that was done in a very lazy way and Nightmare was wasted in a few scenes.

Wasted and Downgraded. SCV's story could've been epic if they at least tried a little.

I know, i'm glad they chosed a reboot route since it's impossible to continue from the story of V.

Yeah, I am glad as well. Also this way they can have all the old characters return as well. This was the best course of action. However, this also means we may need Reboot files for these guys. The thing is they said they are 70% done with the game, so we may be seeing the game this spring or summer. If not earlier.

Ok. If there going to be solid changes in the timeline like MK9 then they will receive new files to expand the informations on the profiles, which a lot of other characters needs one, first i plan on making new ones for Tekken then with Soul Calibur for the new game.

So Soul Calibur Vl is gonna have 2 major stories and the Geralt is actually involved in one of them. Meaning he is canon to Soul Calibur.

Siegfried will have the new stuff shown for him, he could be before or after being Nightmare. Gerald will scale to the SC characters he fights in the story like Akuma in Tekken.

Dark649 said:
Siegfried will have the new stuff shown for him, he could be before or after being Nightmare. Gerald will scale to the SC characters he fights in the story like Akuma in Tekken.
Yeah, Should we make a Geralt (Soul Calibur) file? Or will we just add SC stats to his file?

I am just hyped for CaC. Also there is a hint that a mode similar to Chronicles of the Sword is coming to Vl.

I'm glad, that is important for the original series and might be in handy for the reboot series.

I think we need to come up with a tiering scale. Like decide who are God Tiers, Mid Tiers and Low Tiers. That way we will know who scales to what when we do the revisions.

God Tiers: Algol, Night Terror, Elysium, Inferno

Top Tiers: Complete Soul Edge Nightmare, Complete Soul Calibur Siegfried, Edge Master, Kilik, Xianghua (With Soul Calibur), Alpha Patrokalos, Pyrrha Omega.

Mid Tiers: Sophitia, Taki, Mitsurugi, Setsuna, Maxi, Astaroth, Cervantes, Ivy.

Low Tiers: Everyone else.

Well that list is very rough. I may have put a character in the wrong place. So help would be needed.

Elysium was defeated by Alpha Patrokalos while Inferno by two characters since is incomplete in SC, but i'm not sure.

Yeah, SC V is odd. Technically Elysium and Inferno should be even. But well...y'know.

The Siegfried in the Reboot we see might be a flashback character before his fight Incomplete Inferno and the creation of Nightmare or he will be freed and that his appearance, he does use electricity.

Back