• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul hax for Dante, Soul hax resistance for most bosses

Alright so, I don't have a lot of time right now but I'll type up what I can

Dante has been shown to be capable of damaging the cores of Nightmare, Griffon, and Shadow with his attacks. These cores are considered their souls.

Dante has been doing this since DMC1, where in each of the boss (and mini-boss) fights, Dante can expose their core and damage it. For Nightmare, this is one of only two ways to damage him, the other of which involves going into his pocket dimension and defeating a previous boss, which could also be tied to his soul. Basically, me and the boys here in the DMC regulars think that each pocket dimension is somehow tied to Nightmare's soul, and destroying them damages or destroys a part of his soul

There is also another scene in the anime where Dante yeets his sword through a woman and seperates a demon from her that was possessing her. Holy Manip, possibly, but that would be inconsistent with the uh, very very demonic nature of Rebellion. And since soul manip wouldn't have too much of a hard time doing the same feat, well...

The soul hax resistance comes from this being a part of his regular attacks. Essentially, as Darku-Chan (I hope you're happy, Grath, because saying that made me die inside) stated in the previous thread, all bosses would have to endure strikes from Dante, and unless he's turning it off somehow (which doesn't make much sense) they'd have to be able to resist the soul hax, because not having resistance to soul hax makes it a oneshot by the wiki's standards

So basically, depending how this goes, every single boss during and after DMC1 gets resistance to soul hax.

And after all of that soul manip debacle, we also have V's familiars. They have low-godly regen (can regen from nothing but their souls, I'm pretty sure this was discussed before somewhere) and probably type 4 and type 8 immortality, due to being able to revive as long as V is alive. Nightmare (DMC1) should also get this, as Dante defeats him in his first boss fight, yet he comes back completely fine and regenerated for the second boss fight with him. (side note: Mid-Godly was discussed, then shot down. It's far more likely he fled before his soul was completely destroyed and then regened from that)

Anyway, that's all, I have to got to work soon so I'll see ya

While I agree with Soul Manipulation for Dante, I don't think it is completely passive

And oh, every demon already have resistance to Soul Manipulation

Alright, on my phone at work right now so I can't go super in depth but basically it isn't passive, just "automatic", in the sense that his attacks always have it.

And the soul manip resistance would just be boosted, somewhat.

I asked Dark to take a look

As I said earlier, I'm okay with this, however, I don't think it is enough to say that this ability is passive tho, many demons would be affected by this, even that demon which Dante separated from Elena in their second fight could take some of Dante's attacks without being separated from her host, but when Dante attacked to separate them, it worked

So it should be something that he chooses to do, however, still very in character since he used even against weak demons and against enemies that he could defeat/one shot without the need of anything but AP, and against demons with hard Regenerationn, he used without thinking twice

The first case seems Non-Physical Interaction, but the second one in the anime implies the superior soul version which i'm fine with. Baul and Modeus plot from the anime implied this, basically Baul and Modeus both trained by Sparda, can manipulate souls and rip the opponent from it. Dante quickly noted that Modeus can likely do the same as Baul to him, so Dante had likely already experience with said ability.

Not sure about the resistance, Dante has never implied he wanted to separate the soul from all the enemies he faced, he did it against that woman because she was possessed and Baul seemingly implied he could take Dante's soul but ended up being overwhelmed. The last thing seems ok.

How stronk would Dante's soul hax be?

I'd reckon it's pretty strong since he can attack and destroy the souls of demons who can pass through Hell's crust.

Yeah, moderate I believe, but enough to attack the soul from enemies with "baseline" soul resistance, just like most demons

Well, Dark accepted Soul Hax for Dante in Anime Key and the stuff for V, his summons and DMC1 Nightmare, so I'll add that to their profiles

Dante Demon Killah said:
Yeah, moderate I believe, but enough to attack the soul from enemies with "baseline" soul resistance, just like most demons
How does it compare to Castlevania Soul Hax lmao

lol it's nothing close to Castlevania

Buuuut Castlevania's Soul Hax isn't infinite like some poeple say, since the castle have a infinite supply of monsters which doesn't mean that they can steal infinite souls, it's just the fact that the castle can reset the monsters

Dante Demon Killah said:
Buuuut Castlevania's Soul Hax isn't infinite like some poeple say, since the castle have a infinite supply of monsters which doesn't mean that they can steal infinite souls, it's just the fact that the castle can reset the monsters
You know I really don't get that. Basing Soul Hax potency off number of people soul haxxed. Isn't that just range?

It sounds like a similar case to "Galaxy level mind hax lul" in Star Wars

AogiriKira said:
Dante Demon Killah said:
You know I really don't get that. Basing Soul Hax potency off number of people soul haxxed. Isn't that just range?

It sounds like a similar case to "Galaxy level mind hax lul" in Star Wars
THANK.YOU.FOR.EXISTING

I always believe that's range, soul haxing fodders with no resistance to soul hax is range, not potency

Yeah it just sounds really odd to base potency on numbers affected. Especially when said numbers don't even have a resistance in the first place.

It'd make more logical sense to base potency off level of resistance overcome.

So, something that kinda covers Soul Hax

While in 5 he really only attack their cores when it's exposed (which would only require NPI), against DMC1 Bosses they don't expose their core (some of them), Dante would need to aim for their soul while fighting their full body to actually give damage, which would need Soul Hax to do it

I agree with the soul hax for now.

Also it's best if you guy's make a crt to change how we decide the potency of certain types of hax if you're against the current system.

Back