• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sorry not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do agree accusations shouldn't be thrown around, making significant changes should be handled in a content revision thread and completed within regular rules, being a staff member doesn't make you an exception. Weekly, can you make a thread for the changes you implemented?

@SD Its really not a massive change, its a minor adjustment based on justification that has already been previously discussed and agreed upon by staff, its the same exact reasoning that put Oz at High 7-A when the Maidens were low end 7-A. I can link the threads where this was talked about if you'd like

As in, the reasoning remains the same but the tier was in error? If so, then nvm me.

Agreed by staff? It was only agreed by you and The Everlasting. That isn't enough input from "staff." Just make a CRT and save everyone the headache.

Edit: You know what? Never mind. I'm not a staff member so I'm not gonna get very far in the first place. Not gonna sit here and waste time arguing back and forth for no reason.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Agreed by staff? It was only agreed by you and The Everlasting. That isn't enough input from "staff." Just make a CRT and save everyone the headache.
And other profiles were upgraded for about as much input, The Player (Minecraft)'s upgrades were only agreed on between a discussion mod and a content mod, and me but that doesn't matter.

Me, Ever, and whatever staff and members were present when RWBY got upgraded to 7-A and placed Oz and Salem at High 7-A and then brought down to 7-B+. Being significantly above 420+ tons would put you at 7-A+ easily.

That does matter. Having 3 people agreeing with you doesn't make the reasoning valid. You need much more input before upgrading characters unless said 3 user's were experts in said verse. That clearly isn't the case here but like I said I don't care. Not gonna get very far even if a CRT was made since people would cling onto 7-A+ Ozpin.

You'd be genuinely surprised how many wall threads between two people result in profile changes, i know Blue asked Ryu to comment here when between me and him i can recall almost half a dozen instances of wall threads leading to changes for Kill La Kill

Also wow way to sneak a lowkey insult into that

Nobody even insulted anyone here. If you wanna interpret what I said as as insult than that's your own fault. However what I said to Weekly about the power abuse was uncalled for I suppose so I can apologize for that.

Saying "people would cling to 7-A+ Ozpin." isn't a insult. Nor is it a rude tone. I fail to see how you'd assume that's even an insult and if you did that's on you. That's me being pessimistic, that's very different than me insulting someone.

Most of the KLK changes that were done over walls from what I can recall have been very minor things (like self explanatory power additions or extra justifications to an already established stat). If we've made more significant changes without making a thread prior, I apologize greatly and will try not to do so again.

Either way I do think it'd be best to have a thread or more input before making AP changes to profiles. But please everyone tone down the hostility over this manner. Thank you.

"I'm not a staff member so I'm not gonna get very far in the first place"

"Not gonna get very far even if a CRT was made since people would cling onto 7-A+ Ozpin"

@Ryu Exactly, thats literally all this was, a minor adjustment from 7-A to 7-A+ based on pre-existing and pre-accepted scaling that was supposed to be added weeks ago of Oz being significantly above 420+ megatons in AP in his prime.

Knightofannihilation666 wrote Saying "people would cling to 7-A+ Ozpin." isn't a insult. Nor is it a rude tone. I fail to see how you'd assume that's even an insult and if you did that's on you. That's me being pessimistic, that's very different than me insulting someone.

If you're just a pessimistic person, I apologize for accusing you. That's on me.

"You need much more input before upgrading characters unless said 3 user's were experts in said verse. That clearly isn't the case here but like I said I don't care."

When both me and Ever are some of the most knowledgeable RWBY experts on the site, and at least half a dozen knowledgeable people agreed to the change prior

Can you drop the attitude please? I dont know how many times i alone have had to tell you (Because i know for a fact im not the only one) but it needs to stop.

AP/Tiering changes are always treated as pretty important revisions, even if they are rather small. I can understand why you would see this as no big deal, but from the responses people clearly take it seriously. And their concerns are completely justified.

What I suggest is to next time make threads for AP/Tiering manners like this as well even if they aren't that major. I will make sure to hold myself to this and not make any minor AP/Tiering changes in the future as well. (Though I still never recall doing this).

If there actually was a thread outside of that message wall where this exact topic was agreed upon, it would've been best to cite it within your edit summary and specify.

Not too big of a deal. Just some things to consider in the long run to avoid issues like this. Thank you.

WeeklyBattles said:
Can you drop the attitude please? I dont know how many times i alone have had to tell you but it needs to stop.

Nobody is giving you an attitude. I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't try to make it seem like I'm giving you an attitude. I told you to drop the discussion as i could care less anymore yet you keep bringing it up. I don't know how many times i need to tell you that i don't care about the subject anymore. So please, stop overreacting to simple things. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back