• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So I have a question about Sonic's FateHax when it comes to effecting tier 1.

So, Sonic's FateHax is Fate Manipulation. Fate Manipulation is the ability to manipulate destiny itself to achieve a desired result. More subtle forms of the ability can simply nudge events in the users favor while more powerful variations can make it possible to ordain one's victory against their opponent.

Potency for Fate Manipulation comes from feats that work on what Acausality an opponent has, not the tier for Ap, durability, lifting strength, etc.

Master Mammoth Mogul scales to the Ancient Walkers, who, i've been told, are(were) Acausality type 4. "Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others."

Despite Master Mogul being a Type 4 Acausality being, who should inherently resist Fate Manipulation, he got bypassed by Archie Sonic's FateHax.

So, beings that don't have anything close Type 5 Acausality but still in have abilities that go into Tier 1, like Accelerator and The Doctor (Doctor Who), shouldn't Sonic's FateHax still be considered to work on these characters despite them being in Tier 1?

Friendly Bump. (But I understand if this is either A.) a conversation already made in one of the forums and/or B.) not interesting enough to lend an opinion on)

I'm just wondering, as I'm confused on Sonic's FateHax potency and limitations.

If they're Tier 1 by power but not higher d character's, than it should work, but if they're 5-D and up, the fate hax is not assumed to not work on them unless he has feats of affecting those types of characters.

Back