• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Vs Megaman (CONCLUDED)

Sonic: 14 (Maverick Zero X, Gilad Hyperstar, ElixirBlue, GlaceonGamez471, Oleggator, Theuser789, ShakeResounding, Earthboy, Ned the outer god, Zamasu Chan, Shmooply, ShadowWarrior1999, Ican’tthinkof1goodname, Godhand1999)

Rock: 6 (Da_Lunge_Fish, Psychomaster35, Axxtentacle, The real cal howard, Rodri_ “Dante”, X_Squared)

Last edited:
Sonic: 13 (Maverick Zero X, Gilad Hyperstar, ElixirBlue, GlaceonGamez471, Oleggator, Theuser789, ShakeResounding, Earthboy, Ned the outer god, Zamasu Chan, Shmooply, ShadowWarrior1999, Ican’tthinkof1goodname)

Rock: 6 (Da_Lunge_Fish, Psychomaster35, Axxtentacle, The real cal howard, Rodri_ “Dante”, X_Squared)
can sonics votes still be counted if most of the reasons were oppposed ?

How are Sonic's votes still going to be counted if Mega Man's aren't being counted for being countered. I'm fairly certain I and others have debunked at least some of the arguments brought up for Sonic yet Sonic's votes are still being counted? It's still an ongoing debate where both sides have countered each other so far.

How are Sonic's votes still going to be counted if Mega Man's aren't being counted for being countered. I'm fairly certain I and others have debunked at least some of the arguments brought up for Sonic yet Sonic's votes are still being counted? It's still an ongoing debate where both sides have countered each other so far.
^^^^

First of all, this OP is weird and vague. Sonic is 5-A but which one when there are three 5-A keys on his profile? As such, it seems people are drawing from the abilities and or stats of all three keys and just giving them to Sonic for free while Mega Man just sits there. If that's not the case, then it's still confusing overall for the debate since we don't know which Sonic is used here specifically and mix ups are bound to happen. Doesn't seem very fair. It seems like whoever made this made several other Sonic versus threads (some of which were stomps) for the chance to give him wins- oh wait. But I digress.

Also, I just wanna say a few things. I don't understand how Sonic being an expert at CQC is one of the bigger factors when he's literally fighting an expert on projectile combat. An expert CQC versus an expert marksman? Seems like they cancel out if you ask me, which then brings their other abilities into question.

Ring Time? Seriously? The ability that turns fodder enemies into rings? That's kinda like saying Mario can just one-shot anyone by stomping on their head cause he does so to fodder Goombas and Koopas. If you're going to use that, then Mega Man can use an M Tank when his health is full to just make Sonic into a 1-UP. See how ridiculous that sounds? Especially when Sonic is fighting an enemy who's slightly stronger than him in this case. That's just an insult.

Sonic having mid regen and resistance to being frozen and generic ice are easily stumped by Mega Man's nigh-AZ to AZ weapons. Sonic has no resistance to that whatsoever.

Sonic has more experience because he fought a character who had more experience than him? Is this an RPG game or something? So, you're telling me Sonic gains Emerl's thousands of years experience from beating him? If that's what's being implied then that's not how it works. Me beating up a WWII veteran or just a Marine in general doesn't mean I gain the experience and training they've gained or something.

Also, PSA to everyone who doesn't understand Centaur Flash. It's a weapon that stops time for a split second to warp space and damage everyone in Mega Man's vicinity while bypassing conventional defenses like shields and armor. It's a space-time weapon generally speaking. So no, it's not like Time Stopper (which is just time stop) or Flash Stopper (which isn't time-related at all). If anyone delved deeper into the mechanics of the weapon as opposed to just glancing at the summary on the wiki page or Mega Man's crappy outdated profile and trying to make someone else look like a fool, then there wouldn't be a problem. Also, Centaur Flash stops time for a split second for everything, so Mega Man, as well as everything else, not being able to move for a split second isn't detrimental to Mega Man more so than it is anyone else.

What is this argument that "Sonic has fought robots his entire life?" What is that? As if comparing the wacky fodder robots to Mega Man is a just comparison. That's in addition to Sonic also being "used" to weapons like Mega Man's. The same could be said for Mega Man and how he resists black holes, petrification, elemental weapons, hacking and several other natural resistances due to being a robot and not a biological being. Both cancel each other out pretty well here. Mega Man has never fought someone like Sonic? Well, Sonic has never fought someone just like Mega Man. The things being argued for Sonic can also be argued for Mega Man as well.

Mega Man and Sonic both have similar tactics. They both adapt to their opponents fighting styles and they're both intelligent overall in combat. But obviously, I'll vouch for Mega Man. Mega Man adapts to his opponent's fighting styles quickly and, based on their combat style or weaknesses, he's very resourceful in that he uses just the right weapon to put his enemies down fast. For example, Tengu Man's flight was stopped when Mega Man froze his feet to the ground. Quick Man's speed was trumped when Mega Man decided to stop time and use his speed against him. Pharaoh Man's emergency systems were taken advantage of when Mega Man used Flash Stopper to emit a light powerful enough to active said emergency systems and cause Pharaoh Man to freeze in place and leave him vulnerable to attack. This is what Mega Man does (which is apparent from ALL of his games) and it's apparent he's very good at finding weaknesses. Hell, Mega Man was even smart enough to predict where Flash Man would appear after a time stop and destroyed him by shooting at the predicted spot where he would appear (this is how Mega Man works his way around time stop and Mega Man has fought under the effects of being slowed down in time too). Mega Man is so intelligent and lethal in combat that he defeats new and powerful enemies designed to be powerful than him in all aspects on usually his first attempts. This lead to him defeating foes like Sunstar even without any weaknesses. This is what Sonic is up against and I've yet to see what he can do against this.

And Double Gear System anyone? Mega Man literally quadruples his overall speed (combat speed, running speed, reactions, etc.) and can use it as many times as he wants (granted he doesn't activate his cool down). Also, his overall AP is boosted as well possibly to the same degree as Speed Gear (probably).
1. I believe modern sonic is used. No one have used an argument from werdgehod or excalibur Sonic.

2. Technically that would make a situation for Megaman worse cause he is more long distance fighter and not CQC?

3. Can at some point agree cause that's more game mechanic(though instead of just Mario example you could use a golden flower example).

4. I don't think there's a high chance to use the ice abilities for Megaman in first place, especially when Sonic can dodge it.

5. Yes and no. The fact that Robot with 4000 years experience lost for 30 seconds being statistically equal to Sonic makes pretty much Sonic as very combat unpredictable fighter. You didn't get their expirience, but you showed as being more skilled fighter than opponent you fought.

6. Well technically Sonic have fought maybe a bit but someone like a Megaman, aka Metal sonic and Emerl- which are like Megaman copying and uses abilities of other persons.

7. Technically we haven't seen Megaman's exactly adapting to RM (cause it's mostly player's choice as far as I understand), however the good experience with other combat expirienced fighters, quickly learning a chaos control with fake chaos emerald, being able to predict fighting style and etc. I think are good compensation.

8. Sonic by himself is able to time stop and he is resistant to slow down/stopping time as stated above. Also Sonic can Amp himself pretty much as well.

Last edited:
1. I believe modern sonic is used. No one have used an argument from werdgehod or excalibur Sonic.

2. Technically that would make a situation for Megaman worse cause he is more long distance fighter and not CQC?

3. Can at some point agree cause that's more game mechanic(though instead of Mario example you could use a golden flower example).

4. I don't think there's a high chance to use the ice abilities for Megaman in first place, especially when Sonic can dodge it.

5. Yes and no. The fact that Robot with 4000 years experience lost for 30 seconds being statistically equal to Sonic makes pretty much Sonic as very combat unpredictable fighter. You didn't get their expirience, but you showed as being more skilled fighter then opponent you fought.

6. Well technically Sonic have fought maybe a bit but someone like a Megaman, aka Metal sonic and Emerl- which are like Megaman copying and uses abilities of other persons.

7. Technically we haven't seen Megaman's exactly adapting to RM (cause it's mostly player's choice as far as I understand), however the good experience with other combat expirienced fighters, quickly learning a chaos control with fake chaos emerald, being able to predict fighting style and etc. I think are good compensation.

8. Sonic by himself is able to time stop and he is resistant to slow down/stopping time as stated above. Also Sonic can Amp himself pretty much as well.
1. Okay then. Still would be useful if that were officially stated.

2. How would that make the situation worse? It would be super difficult for Sonic to get in close cause he's getting sniped the entire time while Mega Man wouldn't dare get close due to his opponent's CQC prowess. As a result, both would be likely at a distance from each other for the most part, fighting to combat each other's mastery.

3. Okay, we can agree that's game mechanics (it definitely fits the criteria). Also yeah, Gold Flower is a better example, thank you.

4. Oh, but I think there is a chance for him to use it. Like Quick Man, Mega Man would know that Sonic is naturally faster due to his several abilities and techniques. Knowing this, he'd attempt to use weapons that would naturally slow him down like time stop or ice. Once he realizes time stop is useless, he'll quickly use any ice weapon (which are generally AZ for the most part) to freeze his legs or something or freeze him entirely. Due to the ice being AZ, Sonic has no answer for that. Again, Mega Man would do this because exploiting weaknesses and patterns is his thing.

5. Exactly. Sonic may have been smarter and had advantages that Emerl couldn't counter, but that doesn't mean Sonic has equal experience to Emerl now does it? It doesn't make sense.

6. Metal Sonic and Emerl are similar to Mega Man, but Mega Man is unique in many aspects to the point where's it's unfair to just scoff and say Sonic has handled someone exactly like Mega Man before. But if the similarities they share only extend to power mimicry and being robots, then that does jack all because Mega Man generally can't copy weapons during combat (and possibly organic beings in general) and he's a far different kind of robot compared to Metal Sonic and Emerl.

7. The Flash Man scene was a cutscene after the player finishes the battle, meaning the cutscene where Mega Man predicts Flash Man's Time Stop is canon in the lore. Besides, it's generally how Mega Man games work: he adapts and overcomes with his intelligence any by exploiting weaknesses. To say Mega Man doesn't operate how the series strongly suggests he does is nonsense. And in my opinion, those examples for Sonic don't sound as impressive as the ones I gave for Mega Man.

8. Like I said, Mega Man has encountered time manipulation before. Mega Man has battled time-stopping foes before likely due to prediction (as I said with Flash Man) and just being an excellent fighter and making his attacks count. Also yeah, I know Sonic resists time manip as well. Again, Mega Man and Sonic counter each other so well with some small exceptions where each of them have small advantages over the other in their arsenal. Also, is Sonic's amping to the same degree as quadruple speed and possibly AP? Let's see.

Also, I just wanna say a few things. I don't understand how Sonic being an expert at CQC is one of the bigger factors when he's literally fighting an expert on projectile combat. An expert CQC versus an expert marksman? Seems like they cancel out if you ask me, which then brings their other abilities into question.
That in no way cancels out Sonic being superior in close-quarters. The moment Sonic gets in close, the tides shift dramatically in Sonic's favor. And considering his maneuverability, that's very likely what will happen.

Sonic having mid regen and resistance to being frozen and generic ice are easily stumped by Mega Man's nigh-AZ to AZ weapons. Sonic has no resistance to that whatsoever.
Relying on the assumption that it will even hit Sonic. And that's a very bold assumption, considering Sonic can fight those that are just as nimble and quick as himself. Shadow being a good example of this. And hell, Sonic's used to being shot at in six different directions when he's barreling through any armies or newest creation Eggman sends his way

Sonic has more experience because he fought a character who had more experience than him? Is this an RPG game or something? So, you're telling me Sonic gains Emerl's thousands of years experience from beating him? If that's what's being implied then that's not how it works. Me beating up a WWII veteran or just a Marine in general doesn't mean I gain the experience and training they've gained or something.
When you fight a robot who can copy powers and abilities in the middle of a confrontation and can still whoop his ass, it kind of helps in a fight like this. The thousands of years of combat experience is simply a testament to Sonic's natural skill and adaptability as a fighter.

What is this argument that "Sonic has fought robots his entire life?" What is that? As if comparing the wacky fodder robots to Mega Man is a just comparison. That's in addition to Sonic also being "used" to weapons like Mega Man's. The same could be said for Mega Man and how he resists black holes, petrification, elemental weapons, hacking and several other natural resistances due to being a robot and not a biological being. Both cancel each other out pretty well here albeit they have small advantages here and there with certain abilities. Mega Man has never fought someone like Sonic? Well, Sonic has never fought someone just like Mega Man. The things being argued for Sonic can also be argued for Mega Man as well.
Emerl is eerily similar to Mega Man. Only difference is that Mega Man is a ranged fighter and Emerl is more adept at CQC. Gross simplification but I hope you get the idea.

Mega Man adapts to his opponent's fighting styles quickly and, based on their combat style or weaknesses, he's very resourceful in that he uses just the right weapon to put his enemies down fast. For example, Tengu Man's flight was stopped when Mega Man froze his feet to the ground. Quick Man's speed was trumped when Mega Man decided to stop time and use his speed against him. Pharaoh Man's emergency systems were taken advantage of when Mega Man used Flash Stopper to emit a light powerful enough to active said emergency systems and cause Pharaoh Man to freeze in place and leave him vulnerable to attack. This is what Mega Man does (which is apparent from ALL of his games) and it's apparent he's very good at finding weaknesses. Hell, Mega Man was even smart enough to predict where Flash Man would appear after a time stop and destroyed him by shooting at the predicted spot where he would appear (this is how Mega Man works his way around time stop and Mega Man has fought under the effects of being slowed down in time too). Mega Man is so intelligent and lethal in combat that he defeats new and powerful enemies designed to be powerful than him in all aspects on usually his first attempts. This lead to him defeating foes like Sunstar even without any weaknesses. This is what Sonic is up against and I've yet to see what he can do against this.
Funny. If we're talking about being a proficient fighter, then how about Sonic trumping a machine designed by Eggman that was literally designed to be a counter to him? As if that stopped Sonic from thrashing it. Better yet, the literal point of this guy is to constantly adapt and fight Sonic. And last I checked, that's never worked either. For the cherry on top, Sonic's even beat Eggman over 227,000 times despite him always studying Sonic and his fighting style/movements. Yet none of his creations are capable of defeating him.

And Double Gear System anyone? Mega Man literally quadruples his overall speed (combat speed, running speed, reactions, etc.) and can use it as many times as he wants (granted he doesn't activate his cool down). Also, his overall AP is boosted as well possibly to the same degree as Speed Gear (probably).
Super Peel Out is actually stated to match Metal's Maximum V. Overdrive, which is stated to be a Quadruple multiplier in speed. So the speed department is not a problem. And considering it's a technique that Sonic can slip into like it's nothing, it only adds to Sonic's maneuverability.

So I vote Mega Man due to high versality to get him out of a lot of sticky situations, superior range, significant stat boosts to his AP and speed, arguably better combat intelligence, AZ, his own resistances to Sonic's arsenal as well as other miscellaneous weapons like attack reflection, corrosion/acid, AoE/screen-nuke attacks, weather manipulation and some small other weapons that could prove useful.
A being with versatility like Mega Man's is nothing that Sonic hasn't handled with other robots within his very own franchise. Range is for naught when Sonic has the mobility to make sure just about nothing hits him, especially with all the ways he can bolster that to even higher degrees with his fluid fighting style. If combat intelligence is debatable then that shouldn't even be included in your seasonings. Sonic has Attack Reflection of his own, those miscellaneous things you mention seem to hardly do any good, and Sonic resists just as much of what Mega Man can throw at him.

Last edited:
2. How would that make the situation worse? It would be super difficult for Sonic to get in close cause he's getting sniped the entire time while Mega Man wouldn't dare get close due to his opponent's CQC prowess. As a result, both would be likely at a distance from each other for the most part, struggling to break each other's mastery.

4. Oh, but I think there is a chance for him to use it. Like Quick Man, Mega Man would know that Sonic is naturally faster due to his several abilities and techniques. Knowing this, he'd attempt to use weapons that would naturally slow him down like time stop or ice. Once he realizes time stop is useless, he'll quickly use any ice weapon (which are generally AZ for the most part) to freeze his legs or something or freeze him entirely. Due to the ice being AZ, Sonic has no answer for that. Again, Mega Man would do this because exploiting weaknesses and patterns is his thing.

5. Exactly. Sonic may have been smarter and had advantages that Emerl couldn't counter, but that doesn't mean Sonic has equal experience to Emerl now does it? It doesn't make sense.

6. Metal Sonic and Emerl are similar to Mega Man, but Mega Man is unique in many aspects to the point where's it's unfair to just scoff and say Sonic has handled someone exactly like Mega Man before. But if the similarities they share only extend to power mimicry and being robots, then that does jack all because Mega Man generally can't copy weapons during combat (and possibly organic beings in general) and he's a far different kind of robot compared to Metal Sonic and Emerl.

7. The Flash Man scene was a cutscene after the player finishes the battle, meaning the cutscene where Mega Man predicts Flash Man's Time Stop is canon in the lore. Besides, it's generally how Mega Man games work: he adapts and overcomes with his intelligence any by exploiting weaknesses. To say Mega Man doesn't operate how the series strongly suggests he does is nonsense. And in my opinion, those examples for Sonic don't sound as impressive as the ones I gave for Mega Man.

8. Like I said, Mega Man has encountered time manipulation before. Mega Man has battled time-stopping foes before likely due to prediction (as I said with Flash Man) and just being an excellent fighter and making his attacks count. Also yeah, I know Sonic resists time manip as well. Again, Mega Man and Sonic counter each other so well with some small exceptions where each of them have small advantages over the other in their arsenal. Also, is Sonic's amping to the same degree as quadruple speed and possibly AP? Let's see.
2. Well, let's try to imagine the situation (Begin the investigation.). Since we don't exactly know Megaman's tactic of how he usually would fight, let's try imagine that we're a Megaman and Sonic is a boss of the level. Basically as player the first thing we will do is keep the distance and shooting. While boss Sonic would try to get close. Change of perspective. We're playing as Sonic and Megaman is the boss of the level. The first thing we're trying to do is get as much close to beat a boss, while Megaman would running around the map and shooting. Basically we also know that Megaman doesn't know CQC Sonic's experience but in practice we are already understanding both first tactics.

4. Hmmmmm. Considering the weaponary Megaman have I would agree that after some time he would understand and try to use an ice abilities. Resistance part I would lead to other experts but just will say Sonic can probably understand that he must dodging his attacks. Change of perspective. We expirienced in Sonic gameplay to avoid a shots from bosses, so there's a chance to Sonic understand situation and avoid the attack.

5. Yeah something like that. That's displays very high intelligence of Sonic's combat rather than litteraly taking 4000 years of experience.

6. Well, yes that's why I said "a bit but similar".

7. Technically yes as more expirienced Megaman players we would try exactly to adapt(like in some walkthrough or speedrun).

8. Would like to give a floor for other Sonic experts, cause I'm rather using all information I have and building the picture of it.

That in no way cancels out Sonic being superior in close-quarters. The moment Sonic gets in close, the rides shift dramatically in Sonic's favor. And considering his maneuverability, that's very likely what will happen.

Relying on the assumption that it will even hit Sonic. And that's a very bold assumption, considering Sonic can fight those that are just as nimble and quick as himself. Shadow being a good example of this. And hell, Sonic's used to being shot at in six different directions when he's barreling through amy armies or newest creation Eggman sends his way

When you fight a robot who can copy powers and abilities in the middle of a confrontation and can still whoop his ass, it kind of helps in a fight like this. The thousands of years of combat experience is simply a testament to Sonic's natural skill and adaptability as a fighter.

Emerl is eerily similar to Mega Man. Only difference is that Mega Man is a ranged fighter and Emerl is more adept at CQC.

Funny. If we're talking about being a proficient fighter, then how about Sonic trumping a machine designed by Eggman that was literally designed to be a counter to him? As if that stopped Sonic from thrashing it. Better yet, the literal point of this guy is to constantly adapt and fight Sonic. And last I checked, that's never worked either.

Super Peel Out is actually stated to match Metal's Maximum V. Overdrive, which is stated to be a Quadruple multiplier in speed. So the speed department is not a problem. And considering it's a technique that Sonic can slip into like it's nothing, it only adds to Sonic's maneuverability.

A being with versatility like Mega Man's is nothing that Sonic hasn't handled with other robots within his very own franchise. Range is for naught when Sonic has the mobility to make sure just about nothing hits him. If combat intelligence is debatable then that shouldn't even be included in your seasonings. Sonic has Attack Reflection of his own, those miscellaneous things you mention seem to hardly do any good, and Sonic resists just as much of what Mega Man can throw at him.
Uh, yes it does. The same way you said how Mega Man's screwed if Sonic gets close applies to Sonic when he's at a distance where Mega Man safely snipes him with as much crap as possible. It goes both ways. Sonic would be battling Mega Man's ranged mastery and trying to get close while Mega Man would battle against Sonic's CQC mastery while trying to stay away. Also why wouldn't Mega Man hit Sonic? You say it's bold that I say he'll get hit when you say he won't get hit at all? What you're saying sounds bold to me. Speed is equalized and he only gains temporarily speed boosts with some techniques. The same is said with Mega Man as he has access to abilities such as speed amps, shields, flight, duplication and paralysis to get a distance away and defend so he could continue firing away which would make it harder for Sonic to get close and hit him. This is especially so when Mega Man has a history of successfully defeating opponents with superior mobility, agility and maneuverability than himself along with opponents with abilities like time stopping, teleportation and invisibility. Also Sonic is used to being shot from all sides? That's basically what ALL Mega Man games consist of and what Mega Man himself has been dealing with all of his life and he's no stranger when it comes to single-handedly mowing down armies of foes. This is precisely why I say both of them make this a true back and forth that can go on as long as possible, especially when their arsenals counter each other so well.

Yes, it's impressive that Sonic beat someone like Emerl, but the point I'm trying to make is that Sonic beating him doesn't automatically translate to him having the same experience as Emerl. It sounds to me that Sonic just had new surprising tactics and abilities that stumped Emerl and didn't allow his experience to cover for. Mega Man has a history of defeating and fighting on par with technologically advanced alien robots with hundreds to thousands of years of experience himself.

Again, Mega Man is unique in his own right that separates himself from Emerl or Metal Sonic. To say fighting Emerl and Metal Sonic automatically means he'll beat Mega Man no problem is ignorant when Mega Man his his own abilities, tactics, morals, personality traits and differences in stats that separates him from those characters and therefore makes the battle different. There are other factors to consider here.

Sonic trumps a robot designed to defeat him? Well, Mega Man has defeated literal clones of himself (who used his own Special Weapons), himself from the future (twice), combat robots literally called Mega Man Killers (and designed to do what their name implied), Bass (a robot supposed to be the mirror version of him even when he was boosted via Super Bass and or Evil Energy), Ra Thor and the New Yellow Devil (who were supposed to be superior to anything Dr. Wily has created at the time) and several dozen other combat Robot Masters designed to be the most powerful robots in the world during their times. Additionally, Mega Man has defeated Dr. Wily and ALL of his creations time and time again. It may not be as many times as Sonic beating Eggman, but I'd say quality over quantity in this case, especially when Wily studies Mega Man just as well. Meanwhile, Mega Man was a mere lab assistant who converted into a combat robot and look at what he's done. There's definitely more to point to here.

It seems Super Peel Out only applies to just his dashing speed. Meanwhile, Speed Gear quadruples every aspect of Mega Man's speed in combat speed, running speed, reaction times, etc. Mega Man can use it whenever he likes and he can easily counter Sonic's superior running speed with that technique if that's the case. Power Gear is also a thing which boosts his AP and abilities like Super Arm, which augments his physical strength and compliments his superior Class G lifting strength overall.

Considering the vast and unpredictable arsenal Mega Man has, I'm sure Sonic isn't going to be expecting what comes next and how each weapon functions right off the bat to make it so that he'll never get hit or be "used" to Mega Man as he is with other characters in his verse. Again, it's funny how you say that my assumption about Sonic getting hit in a battle against a character who's a terribly good match-up for him is a bold assumption yet you adamantly believing that Sonic won't get hit at all isn't. Range is a factor here, I assure you. I never said his combat intelligence was debatable. I said it was arguable, which is different. I'm not trying to sound arrogant and believe that everything I say is fact. Since I'm admittedly ignorant on Sonic, I'm willing for their to be an argument to prove me wrong or change my mind which is why I used the word "arguably." And yes, those small reasonings aren't too special, but I used them anyway to suggest that they "could" prove useful. Please, read my words thoroughly. And yes, Sonic resists a good chunk of Mega Man's arsenal but likewise Mega Man resists a good chunk of Sonic's. That's the idea I've been putting out there.

I still stand with my previous points: "So I vote Mega Man due to high versality to get him out of a lot of sticky situations, superior range, significant stat boosts to his AP and speed, arguably better combat intelligence, AZ, his own resistances to Sonic's arsenal..." along with any other points I said in this post.

Last edited:
@Ollegator
2. It's as I've said before, Mega Man is an adaptable fighter. He fights however he sees fit. If an enemy is fast, he'll slow them down. If an enemy is hot and fire-based, he'll cool them down with ice or air. If his enemy is aggressive and CQC-based, he'll run away from them while gunning them down with powerful weaponry. Though I do get the point you're making. Anyway, how Mega Man starts depends on his enemy. Also, using "us" and gameplay as part of an example isn't exactly a good idea...

4. Again, I never said Sonic couldn't dodge and defend himself. I'm just noting that the abilities I mentioned would be problematic for Sonic if he got hit and is a general advantage for Mega Man in this fight.

6. Of course, they're similar but not identical. There are other factors here when it comes to Mega Man vs Sonic as opposed to Sonic's other fights in his verse.

7. Using us and thinking in terms of gameplay isn't ideal...

Just a small a note: can people stop making the ridiculous argument that "Sonic can dodge"? Obviously yes, Sonic can dodge attacks and defend himself, that's a no-brainer. Likewise, Mega Man can dodge and defend too. I know this. I'm just arguing for abilities that are lethal and game-changing if, or rather when, Mega Man gets to hit Sonic with said abilities.

Overall, I'm done. I have things to do so if people want to continue voting Sonic regardless or end up voting Mega Man, go ahead. I don't do this that much anymore and I rather not argue for hours or days on end in seemingly fruitless arguments.

@Ollegator

2. It's as I've said before, Mega Man is an adaptable fighter. He fights however he sees fit. If an enemy is fast, he'll slow them down. If an enemy is hot and fire-based, he'll cool them down with ice or air. If his enemy is aggressive and CQC-based, he'll run away from them while gunning them down with powerful weaponry. Though I do get the point you're making. Anyway, how Mega Man starts depends on his enemy. Also, using "us" and gameplay as part of an example isn't exactly a good idea...

4. Again, I never said Sonic couldn't dodge and defend himself. I'm just noting that the abilities I mentioned would be problematic for Sonic if he got hit and is a general advantage for Mega Man in this fight.

6. Of course, they're similar but not identical. There are other factors here when it comes to Mega Man vs Sonic as opposed to Sonic's other fights in his verse.

7. Using us and thinking in terms of gameplay isn't ideal...
2 and 7. I agree, idea isn't perfect. But we didn't much seen how they're fighting without player hands if exclude other media sources that aren't videogames. So I decided to think as what would happen when you're playing Megaman first time see sonic and what would happen when you're playing as Sonic and first time see Megaman. Cause in battle in videogames they're usually our "puppets".

4. True, that can be advantage as well.

I think both sides must summarize a win cons and loss cons for both sides.
Megaman side have summarized an reasons for victory.
Would wait later for Sonic side to summarize win cons and loss cons.
And after win cons and loss cons would be summarized at least I would try to summarize everything in picture.
Although waiting for further input from others.

Mega Man FRA
It is going to be difficult for Sonic to dodge Mega Man's AZ because Mega Man can crate large Tornadoes that freeze everything they touch.

Last edited:
Megaman votes literally got counted after your comment

Also the argument that Rings Time wouldn't work because it "worked on fodder robots" is ridiculous, transmutation bypasses durability the rest is the definition of false equivalency, as well as downplaying Sonic skill feats by claiming it's "fodder robots" when the only reason they even become fodder is because of Sonic's experience and skill

Why Sonic being frozen is an argument when Sonic can both escape from being frozen AND survive in the freezing temprearures of outer space. Especially since Sonic can just casually walk in near AZ tempreatures (Space is very close to AZ) like it's nothing

The ability needs to be on the profile to be a viable win condition.

You keep saying “Rock has other durability negating options!” but all you’ve mentioned is Centaur Flash.

And what exactly am I stonewalling?
Stone walling wasn't targeted exactly you, other rock's durability negation options include grab buster that steal enemy's vitality, AZ, while not exactly dura neg, I don't see sonic surviving heat man's weapon which is hotter than sun. Here's Rock's mid regen

Ok look, I really don't like calling people biased mid debate, but look. Mega Man has very clear advantages in AP, arsenal and intelligence, Sonic's are far more vague and not something he would start with. So people just nitpick something to vote for sonic, only for his supporters to come and mindlessly FRA. Most FRA points were debunked.

Sonic survived in the the Earth's core in Unleashed which is as hot as the Sun's surface, it's extremely hyprocritical you of all people are calling people biased and mindless FRA, look at a mirror first

The vote count is 14-9 in Sonic's favor btw

Sonic survived in the the Earth's core in Unleashed which is as hot as the Sun's surface, it's extremely hyprocritical you of all people are calling people biased and mindless FRA, look at a mirror first

The vote count is 14-9 in Sonic's favor btw
Hot as sun<hotter than sun.
And again, just look at the mirror yourself. You're cherry picking outcomes for sonic winning, despite Mega Man's advantages being significant and blatant. FRA was debunked

Jesus, you are just seeing what I say and then repeating it like a parrot without any of the substance, this is kinda sad

Nothing was objectively debunked, having a different opinion or having the final word doesn't make something "debunked", votes are only discounted when they are objectively wrong, like reasons based on non existent abilities, something that wasn't made, just cope that some people think that just stating something is better isn't enough proof it actualy is better

Jesus, you are just seeing what I say and then repeating it like a parrot without any of the substance, this is kinda sad

Nothing was objectively debunked, having a different opinion or having the final word doesn't make something "debunked", votes are only discounted when they are objectively wrong, like reasons based on non existent abilities, something that wasn't made, just cope that some people think that just stating something is better isn't enough proof it actualy is better
Everything was. CQC sonic doesn't use that much, dura neg vise Mega Man has the bette option in the face of centaur flash, so here we have it, more AP and arsenal. That's kinda fact my guy. Voting for some nitpicked abilities despite a 3.5 ap gap and ridiculous arsenal advantage is the definition of bias

Now you come to arguing about semantics?

Sonic had no problem surviving in the Earth's core, so he would have no problem also surviving this weapon.

Your argument now is basically that Mega Man can freeze Sonic, which maybe he can, but Sonic can just casually escape from being frozen

Also talk about hypocricy when all you do is try your hardest to downplay Sonic as much as you can.

Sonic has a significant combat experience advantage over Mega Man due to stomping someone with 4,000 years worth of fighting experience as well as all of the Sonic Battle cast abilities, defeating machines that were literally designed to counter every single ability he has and kill him (Metal Sonic, Egg Dragoon), he also resists most of Mega Man's haxes and abilities and isn't stranger to the rest of Mega Man's abilities

No, that's literally just your opinion, people are literally arguing otherwise, you stating shit doesn't make it a fact. Like this:
CQC sonic doesn't use that much
This is just you statiing he doesn't use with no proof, all I have to say is "no, he does in Fighters, Battle, RPG's and game cutscenes" and then your point would be refuted. Again just cope that some people don't agree with you

Everything was. CQC sonic doesn't use that much, dura neg vise Mega Man has the bette option in the face of centaur flash, so here we have it, more AP and arsenal. That's kinda fact my guy. Voting for some nitpicked abilities despite a 3.5 ap gap and ridiculous arsenal advantage is the definition of bias
1. You keep arguing about Centaur Flash despite it will not work since Sonic resists both of its effects

2. Sonic stomped enemies with just as much skill as Mega Man, if not more skilled than him

3. The difference in AP is far less than 3.5 times due to Sonic scaling massively above his calc. He also adapts very quickly and grows stronger and stronger every second

1. You keep arguing about Centaur Flash despite it will not work since Sonic resists both of its effects

2. Sonic stomped enemies with just as much skill as Mega Man, if not more skilled than him

3. The difference in AP is far less than 3.5 times due to Sonic scaling massively above his calc. He also adapts very quickly and grows stronger and stronger every second
IT. DOESNT. STOP. TIME.
And resisting being hit with distorted space is entirely different from centaur flash
Beating more skilled enemies than Mega man doesn't negate a giant skill gap.
Mega Man also upscales from his calc.

Back