• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Vs Megaman (CONCLUDED)

Mega Man is more intelligent and adaptable as he was shown in the credits of MMIV to very quickly adapt to robot masters patterns and attacks, hell, figuring weaknesses is his style of fighting. With superior AP, more tactical mind meaning he’ll use hax first, quick teleportation and stats boosting, I see Mega Man winning far more likely.
Man you just love downplaying Sonic huh? This is stuff Sonic does in literally every game, figure weaknesses and adapt

Man people need to stop saying "this character is smarter because I say so"

Not seeing how Mega Man has more experience tbh. Sonic has fought Emerl when the latter had the collective experience from the entire Battle cast (and all of their abilities) on top of 4000 years of nearly non-stop combat experience due to what we learn in Chronicles about Emerl's kind, and Sonic still whooped his ass three ways to Sunday (and in under 30 seconds on top of that).

Not to mention Mega Man isn't anything Sonic hasn't faced before. Only difference is that Mega Man just has really good versatility. Hmm... Just like Emerl had.

Sonic FRA.

Last edited:
Sonic literally fought Robots and machines his entire life, and it's not like he hasn't fought Robots such as Emerl or Neo Metal Sonic, the former has 4,000 years of battle experience and the abilities of all fighters from Sonic Battle, and the latter can constantly adapt to his enemies and steal their abilities upon being hit

Sonic literally fought Robots and machines his entire life, and it's not like he hasn't fought Robots such as Emerl or Neo Metal Sonic, the former has 4,000 years of battle experience and the abilities of all fighters from Sonic Battle, and the latter can constantly adapt to his enemies and steal their abilities upon being hit
NIN to the JA'D, Gilad. BOOM.

Mega Man is more intelligent and adaptable as he was shown in the credits of MMIV to very quickly adapt to robot masters patterns and attacks, hell, figuring weaknesses is his style of fighting. With superior AP, more tactical mind meaning he’ll use hax first, quick teleportation and stats boosting, I see Mega Man winning far more likely.
Hey De_Lunge_Fish....

Sonic FRA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also I should note that Sonic resists Spatial Manipulation, so Centaur Flash wouldn’t one shot him.

Man you just love downplaying Sonic huh? This is stuff Sonic does in literally every game, figure weaknesses and adapt

Man people need to stop saying "this character is smarter because I say so"
Mega Man is smarter as MMIV credits showed him entering robot masters room and immediately adapting. Yeah, Sonic does do it sometimes, but it’s mega man thing to guess weaknesses. And what’s exactly is FRA? Durability negation is something rock has as well, and even better durability negation, as centaur flash is omnidirectional and can’t be dodged here. Mid regen is something rock has too, as he regenerated from being crushed flat in the arcade games. CQC can’t make up for 3.5 AP gap, and not like Sonic uses CQC that much either, he mostly uses spin attacks. And mega man can be argued to have some CQC as well, judging by him using shouryuken in Mega Man the power fighters 2. There, now with better AP, Arsenal, and a more tactical mind I don’t see rock losing here

Mega Man is smarter as MMIV credits showed him entering robot masters room and immediately adapting. Yeah, Sonic does do it sometimes, but it’s mega man thing to guess weaknesses. And what’s exactly is FRA? Durability negation is something rock has as well, and even better durability negation, as centaur flash is omnidirectional and can’t be dodged here. Mid regen is something rock has too, as he regenerated from being crushed flat in the arcade games. CQC can’t make up for 3.5 AP gap, and not like Sonic uses CQC that much either, he mostly uses spin attacks. And mega man can be argued to have some CQC as well, judging by him using shouryuken in Mega Man the power fighters 2. There, now with better AP, Arsenal, and a more tactical mind I don’t see rock losing here
Sonic did the same as people stated, Sonic resists like people said, Sonic uses CQC is various games, this is typical downplay, and Sonic is also tatical

Btw Sonic resists Spatial manip, it simply won't hurt him, I don't have anything to debate because you are just stating Sonic is just worse just because

Centaur Flash is something Sonic resists and also has limited ammunition (it can only be used seven times and I doubt Rock would spam it out of all his other options). Sonic is definitely far greater in hand-to-hand combat due to his triumph over Ultimate Emerl.

Sonic makes up for the small gap via his own durability-negating options (erasing him with Violet Void, disassembling him with Indigo Asteroid, and transmuting him with Ring Time). Also, since Rock doesn’t resist time manipulation he’d be vulnerable to Sonic’s Time Break or Time Stop, and since he doesn’t have NPI Sonic can phase through his attacks with Jade Ghost.

Sonic also has Self-Resurrection via Soul Resurrection.

Centaur Flash is something Sonic resists and also has limited ammunition (it can only be used seven times and I doubt Rock would spam it out of all his other options). Sonic is definitely far greater in hand-to-hand combat due to his triumph over Ultimate Emerl.

Sonic makes up for the small gap via his own durability-negating options (erasing him with Violet Void, disassembling him with Indigo Asteroid, and transmuting him with Ring Time). Also, since Rock doesn’t resist time manipulation he’d be vulnerable to Sonic’s Time Break or Time Stop, and since he doesn’t have NPI Sonic can phase through his attacks with Jade Ghost.

Sonic also has Self-Resurrection via Soul Resurrection.
Sonic was directly affected by chaos control tho. And look, Sonic doesn’t have any advantages that tip the scales in his favor. Mega Man is more powerful, has better healing options, better arsenal and is more strategic. Show me a sonic win con sonic will use early on and that rock can’t replicate

List all the “other durability negating options” that’d allow Rock to win.

Unless I’m missing something on his
profile Rock can’t replicate Void Manipulation or Deconstruction.

And look, Sonic doesn’t have any advantages that tip the scales in his favor.
  • Violet Void and Indigo Asteroid
  • Rock can’t win through sheer Attack Potency due to Sonic’s Regen and Resurrection
  • Rock can’t hit Sonic if he goes intangible
  • Anything Sonic doesn’t resist he can dodge via slowing down time with Time Break, something Rock doesn’t resist
  • Sonic resists Time Stop and Spatial Manipulation, so Time Slow/Time Stopper/Flash Stopper/Centaur Flash are off the table

Sonic was directly affected by chaos control tho. And look, Sonic doesn’t have any advantages that tip the scales in his favor. Mega Man is more powerful, has better healing options, better arsenal and is more strategic. Show me a sonic win con sonic will use early on and that rock can’t replicate
That just means Chaos Control can time stop people who resist it.

• Violet Void and Indigo Asteroid
  • Rock can’t win through sheer Attack Potency due to Sonic’s Regen and Resurrection
  • Rock can’t hit Sonic if he goes intangible
  • Anything Sonic doesn’t resist he can dodge via slowing down time with Time Break, something Rock doesn’t resist
  • Sonic resists Time Stop and Spatial Manipulation, so Time Slow/Time Stopper/Flash Stopper/Centaur Flash are off the table
Violet Void huh?mega man actually has a real black hole. Centaur Flash isn’t proved to be spatial manipulation, more like reality warping that bypasses defenses, Rock can and has healing of his own

Last edited:
How does Sonic resisting gravity manipulation prevent him from being flung up into the air?

Sonic’s space manipulation resistance will do dogshit here. He survived ( was still damaged) being hit with distorted space. This is entirely different from an attack that bypasses defenses by bending dimensions

It doesn't stop time at all wtf. This is kinda evident you don't even know what you're talking about, the weapon isn't even close to being time

“Time Slow/Time Stopper/Flash Stopper/Centaur Flash: Over the course of his adventures, Mega Man has copied various weapons that allow him to slow down or stop time in his vicinity, working instantly to freeze virtually everything in sight upon activation. In addition, various other media show that he's able to control the effective area of the ability to a single target if desired.”

Literally on his profile.

Back