• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Vs Megaman (CONCLUDED)

Sonic's resistance to time manip is BS btw. Moving in a place where there's no time is totally different than moving in stopped time. Time switch is game mechanics, of course Sonic isn't affected by his own power up. And Sonic was affected by time stop in all other instances
Here I explained why Sonic's time stop resistance makes no sense btw

Ok, let's try to calm down our weapons and describe the win cons for both and then picking more likely(Just don't want it turning into large war, with abusing each other which at least doesn't giving a process for debate).
Win con for Megaman(as far as I can see): Find out the weakness of Sonic and try to use it against him, keeping the long distance or otherwise get out skilled in CQC.
Win con for Sonic (as far as I can see): Get close to Megaman and beat him.
Now you can correct me and debate choosing more likely win con, cause I already see war began so let's at least mitigate the consequences.

Ok, let's try to calm down our weapons and describe the win cons for both and then picking more likely(Just don't want it turning into large war, with abusing each other which at least doesn't giving a process for debate).
Win con for Megaman(as far as I can see): Find out the weakness of Sonic and try to use it against him, keeping the long distance or otherwise get out skilled in CQC.
Win con for Sonic (as far as I can see): Get close to Megaman and beat him.
Now you can correct me and debate choosing more likely win con, cause I already see war began so let's at least mitigate the consequences.
Wincon for Mega Man is way better AP, arsenal, better analytical prediction and centaur flash. Sonic doesn't even start with his power ups

Man you can't just say "nah this resistance doesn't count because I don't agree with it", it was accepted in a CRT before this match, you can't cherrypick shit from a page

People mindlessly FRAing despite sonic has no wincons to start with is ridiculous
People are FRA because they don't agree with you, seriously just cope, your arguments are just stating Sonic doesn't have stuff because you say so, there's nothing to debunk because there's no evidence to debunk, all I have to say is "no, you are wrong"

Anyways 15-9 right now

People are FRA because they don't agree with you, seriously just cope, your arguments are just stating Sonic doesn't have stuff because you say so, there's nothing to debunk because there's no evidence to debunk, all I have to say is "no, you are wrong"

Anyways 15-9 right now
Yes you are. Sonic has no good win cons. Seriously, list them. And before you name them, he doesn't start with wisps. They are FRAing cause they see votes for sonic. I'm pretty sure they didn't even read the thread

Wincon for Mega Man is way better AP, arsenal, better analytical prediction and centaur flash. Sonic doesn't even start with his power ups
However sonic on his franchise doesn't actually had more power ups rather than his own techniques(like in first page every ability you would see to sonic is on his own, without any power ups).
Don't remember exactly analytical prediction from Megaman, but remember adaptation argumentation from X_Squared.
Centaluar flash as far as I can see isn't much a power up for Megaman to be big effective on sonic, and also not a thing Megaman would use in first place.

However sonic on his franchise doesn't actually had more power ups rather than his own techniques(like in first page every ability you would see to sonic is on his own, without any power ups).
Don't remember exactly analytical prediction from Megaman, but remember adaptation argumentation from X_Squared.
Centaluar flash as far as I can see isn't much a power up for Megaman to be big effective on sonic, and also not a thing Megaman would use in first place.
He wouldn't use centaur flash, but sonic apparently would use his wisps? Analytical prediction is when Flash Man uused time stop and mega man predicted where he's going to appear

Here I explained why Sonic's time stop resistance makes no sense btw
You explained nothing. The time stop resistance also appears in the scenes for the story itself and characters talking while time literally stands still and the level freezes.

Also just saying "I don't agree therefore it's wrong" is such a stupid argument, because 8 can say "I don't like your points so they're wrong" too and bam you got debunked. See how stupid your argument sounds now?

You explained nothing. The time stop resistance also appears in the scenes for the story itself and characters talking while time literally stands still and the level freezes.

Also just saying "I don't agree therefore it's wrong" is such a stupid argument, because 8 can say "I don't like your points so they're wrong" too and bam you got debunked. See how stupid your argument sounds now?
I mean, I also provided arguments. Also, don't forget to list actual sonic win cons

He wouldn't use centaur flash, but sonic apparently would use his wisps? Analytical prediction is when Flash Man uused time stop and mega man predicted where he's going to appear
Where did I said sonic would use Wisps in first place? Like, I didn't even said any word about "wisps".
Don't remember that in game however to point out sonic have analytical prediction as well.

Yes you are. Sonic has no good win cons. Seriously, list them. And before you name them, he doesn't start with wisps. They are FRAing cause they see votes for sonic. I'm pretty sure they didn't even read the thread
Name wincons
NOOOOOO you can't name THAT wincon

Man, I don't know what to say, stop being salty and let people vote, we are still 10 hours from grace after all

I mean, I also provided arguments. Also, don't forget to list actual sonic win cons
1. Sonic gets close to Mega Man and overwhelm him with vastly superior CQC experience

2. Ring time him and turn him into a ring

3. Violet Void him away

4. Use Time Brake to essentially stop him in time (or at the very least slow him down in time so much it would almost appeared like he's stopped completely) and then get close to overwhelm him with CQC

5. Sonic can also self-resurrect himself which means he'll come back even if Mega Man kills him, but this time much more serious and just hax him away

6. Seal him with the Magic hand

7. BFR him away with Chaos Control (since the Chaos Emeralds are standard equipment. And no just because Sonic have them doesn't mean he'll transform) or Seal him outside of space and time

1. Sonic gets close to Mega Man and overwhelm him with vastly superior CQC experience

2. Ring time him and turn him into a ring

3. Violet Void him away

4. Use Time Brake to essentially stop him in time (or at the very least slow him down in time so much it would almost appeared like he's stopped completely) and then get close to overwhelm him with CQC

5. Sonic can also self-resurrect himself which means he'll come back even if Mega Man kills him, but this time much more serious and just hax him away

6. Seal him with the Magic hand

7. BFR him away with Chaos Control (since the Chaos Emeralds are standard equipment. And no just because Sonic have them doesn't mean he'll transform) or Seal him outside of space and time
1. Mega Man overwhelms sonic with AP.
2. Mega man uses a tank to turn sonic into a power up when his health is full
3.Mega man has his own black hole.
4. Can work.
5.Incap.
6. Requires him to get close which is exactly something Rock will avoid.
7. Teleportation go brrr

1. Mega Man overwhelms sonic with AP.
2. Mega man uses a tank to turn sonic into a power up when his health is full
3.Mega man has his own black hole.
4. Can work.
5.Incap.
6. Requires him to get close which is exactly something Rock will avoid.
7. Teleportation go brrr
1. Not really, Sonic scales massively above his calc so he's actually not that much in an AP disadvantage at all. Also skill matters, especially since Mega Man isn't adept at CQC, especially not as much as Sonic is

2. How does that even work? And does he even uses that in character?

3. So what? Sonic resists it and can also phase through it with Jade Ghost. Or time brake to quickly escape it

5. If Mega Man kills Sonic and he resurrects himself, Sonic will recognize him as a threat and will restort to quckly hax him, such as with Time Brake and Ring Time combo

6. Sonic doesn't need to get close to use the Magic hands

7. Can Mega Man escape being sealed outside of space time or escape a 2-C BFR? I don't think so

Is this a bad time to mention this Sonic is being upgraded to 7 Ninatons? Because if Mega Man's AP is actually a heavy factor of him winning, this is being redone and people will seethe.

So we're relying on AoE arguments for Absolute Zero on a guy who can... Just teleport away? He's not gonna be all "Oooo a tornado. This is gonna be EPIC getting sucked up by this thing". And don't even use cockiness as an example, that almost is a specific weakness against Eggman or rivals, not serious enemies. Sonic is a combat pragmatist, he's going to utilize things such as Chaos Control when they need to be utilized. Not to mention things like Time Break and Speed Break will allow Sonic to get rid of any distance between them or, in reverse, even use those techniques in defensive measures to... Well, not get touched by even those AoE attacks.

Wisps aren't his first choice, but they're extremely in-character for him to use. I'm not sure why Da Lunge was arguing he'd never use them, then name games where Sonic literally can't freely use them as evidence.l Colors and Lost World both rely heavily on Wisps and their powers. And the moment Sonic whips out one like Indigo Asteroid or Violet Void, it's over for Mega Man. Because Sonic is going to use them when he's sure he'll nab him.

Back