• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is not teleportation

Because you are the one who is trying to prove there's stars there, which I do NOT see, I am not going to concede cause you say there is

I am putting my viewpoint as superior because I have actual evidence, you do not, it objectively is not headcanon, do not try to do a "no u" because you have no evidence, the background is objectively a piece of factual evidence, there's literally no evidence stackef against it, the shots of it being close to Earth are not proof against it, unless you twist all context

The fact you are the only one arguing against it here means your interpretation is the weakest, your only evidence in this entire debate is the "Warp Drive", which you conceded, and the pictures with """stars""" that nobody sees, everything else is just streching because you cannot cope with your interpretation simply being wrong (Babylon Guarden can't fly because it's a threat to Earth; a non sequitur)

I said before I am not obligated to convince you of my points in particular, either you prove me wrong or you don't, I am not replying unless your posts have actual evidence against Babylon Guarden that isn't just your interpretation

If your only argument is that you can’t see them then the argument is meaningless because it’s subjectivity vs subjectivity. But it’s much easier to prove there is at least one celestial body than to say there is none at all. Also, stop trying to twist things by saying that two people equals everybody.

okay, not teleportation. But it’s still a similar principle of crossing a small distance with a ship to traverse huge chunks of the cosmos. It’s no less right or wrong then your interpretation so I’m not really “conceding”.

Seeing a galaxy is not ironclad proof when you can see a galaxy from far away many times in fiction. Many space settings let you see galaxies that are extremely far away.

Considering that you have to prove that Babylon Garden is doing as you say it is when almost everything else indicates it being near earth, and considering you have to prove Exception is in a total void even though there is possible evidence of celestial bodies in the background, I feel like it’s right to make sure there’s no absurdly highballed feats present. For the record I agree with Time Eater and Egg Blaster, currently neutral on Dodon Pa, and disagree with BG and Exception, and I still am not really convinced on the latter two.

Yes, I do have to prove my claims, but I don't have to prove to you in particular, I do NOT care about what you agree with or not, I did not make this particular thread for you, I did not reply to you when you simply said you were iffy with the feats, I replied to you when you actualy posted counter-arguments to what I said, and now several posts later when your only counter arguments are two pictures that have no stars, in which you claim they are stars, and for some reason I am the one who has to prove there's no stars in them, and the other is straight up a non sequitur, that a giant Black Hole threatening Earth means it can't leave it, when it canonically it ar least has and no other arguments because you conceded on the rest, and you DID concede on them like it or not, I literally have nothing else to counter because what remains aren't points, is just stubbordness, there's nothing to counter because there's no evidence to it

The world doesn't revolve around you, I will simply wait for more people to comment and see if they have actual arguments

“Actual arguments”
Great to see how professional you are about this.

Your argument that there are no stars is that you can’t see them, and you do have to prove there are no stars because that’s less likely than the alternative. The black hole never “canonically” left the vicinity of Earth’s orbit, considering the evidence is non-official interpretations of the scenario the fight takes place in. Stop pretending like you have a higher amount of factuality when half your points are based on the same interpretations you criticize me for.

I don’t agree with Exception because the feat relies on the space being a void, which it can be argued as not true due to the existence of celestial bodies in the background.

I don’t agree with Babylon Garden because almost all the context of the black hole’s destruction points to it, over time, being able to suck in a planet, yet for some reason deciding to travel several light years away to suck in a planet that it was just at a minute ago.

Dodon Pa’s feat is fine-ish, the distance being across the universe has some wiggle room and there is no timeframe but I’m willing to overlook that; along with Wisp teleporting of the Rocket because Dodon Pa associates with Wisps being headcanon.

The other stuff seems okay assuming the EggRobo lasers match up with other laser qualifications

Yes, my point is that there's no stars because there's no stars, and that a canonical spaceship flew because we saw it fly over celestial bodies, I am not pretending anything, I have a higher factuality because what I post fits with what is show, you just make things, you are literally conceding that your points are baseless interpretations

Cope, you aren't the king of the thread, I don't need to prove anything to you when your point is a "no u"

Again your point is that there are no stars and you’ve given no actual evidence, while I have. I don’t know what else to say.

I never said my interpretations were baseless because I backed it up. Your point on there being no stars in exception is baseless, but your point on BG is not. I recognize that.

I agree with everything else. Although Babylon Garden is like a ship that was used in the past by the related civilization to travel across those interstellar distances, when the Arks were combined they seemingly reactivated the spaceship's properties to fly for a very far away distance in accordance to what was implied in the aftermath, which is consistent to what kind of purpose the Babylonians used to the power of the ''lightless'' black hole for those shenanigans.

They were pretty far into outer space, the moment the race starts we already have the first vision of the galaxy in check, when Master Core ABIS is destroyed Babylon Garden pretty much returns to the Earth's orbit, implying they actually deactivated the black hole from far away back.

Or the ship could just be, rotating near Earth, since that’s where the ship was last seen in the prior cutscene.

I don’t agree with Babylon Garden because almost all the context of the black hole’s destruction points to it, over time, being able to suck in a planet, yet for some reason deciding to travel several light years away to suck in a planet that it was just at a minute ago.
Off topic and there is still the signs traveling light speed away during the boss fight, was the intention by any characters involved to use the Black Hole to destroy the planet? Like, was that a character's goal?

Yes, I have backed it up, it's in the blog, there are no stars, I don't care if you in particular think that's not enough evidence, but it's there, you can stay in denial tho, especially about the presence of non existant stars in your pictures, in fact everyone in this thread, do you see stars in the following pictures? You don't know what to say because you actualy have nothing to say, no argument, no points

None of your interpretations are backed up, none, this is factual, your interpretation actively IGNORES evidence that goes against it, unlike mine, everything has a basis
Off topic and there is still the signs traveling light speed away during the boss fight, was the intention by any characters involved to use the Black Hole to destroy the planet? Like, was that a character's goal?
Nope, side effect from the Black Hole

rotating near Earth
That assumption relies pretty much on a off-screen timeframe, and it's pretty weird for the spaceship to travel across galaxies it it's rotating from a planetary distance in comparison right when the first galaxy was showcased at the very start of the race.

Cool, the cutscene showcases Babylon Garden at the Earth's orbit, which already implies that the black hole deactivated as a matter of fact of ABIS being destroyed and it returning to the center part of the scenario.

It being the place seen in the last cutscene is not a good counter to everything else whatsoever.

“Side effect”
Literally they say multiple times that the planet will be sucked in if the black hole continues to grow, the black hole started near the planet, I don’t agree with that.

And also you didn’t really back up why there are no stars other than “they’re not there because I can’t see them”, even though there are plenty of instances where, if you pause during the boss fight video, you can see on the edge of the screen several dots disconnected from the pink tear in the middle that fit the image of distant stars: white-ish dots on a space background.

The narrative should take more precedence imo, if the black hole had to build up to sucking in a planet then it makes even less sense the black hole moved away from the planet and still had the timer of five minutes.

Yes there are?
Like I posted pictures and you can see if you look hard enough, they’re just obscured a bit because of the giant pink rift.

Nope, side effect from the Black Hole
If thats the case that there was no goal to use the Black Hole to destroy the planet, then I'm not sure about context, for the Garden to not suppose to be traveling in space away from the planet.

Seeing from Mario Galaxy, its not outlandish for a black hole to be larger than a planet. Black Holes in irl are at least a Sun in size and can suck in neighboring planets and other Stars.

The context is the characters make a huge deal about the black hole sucking in the planet, so for it to suddenly move many light years away when Master Core was in direct control of Babylon Garden’s engines makes little sense. Why would it just randomly move away and yet still have the planet be in danger when they said the black hole had to charge up to suck in the planet? It makes little sense.

“Side effect”
Literally they say multiple times that the planet will be sucked in if the black hole continues to grow, the black hole started near the planet, I don’t agree with that.
Dude, it was not the robot guy main plan to destroy the Earth, this is straight up blatant

(21:00)

It's by definition a side effect of his plan to get Babylon Guarden

Yes, his main plan was getting to Babylon Garden and taking control of it which caused the Black Hole which then had the side-effect of destroying the Earth, it didn't create the Black Hole simply to just destroy the Earth, that's a consequence, you are the one who is preaching about narrative while ignoring it

Last edited:
Alright fine, so I guess what you’re arguing is that a black hole from
checks
millions of light years away could suck in the planet in 5 minutes.

Alright.

I mean, it does sound a little far-fetched considering the hole couldn’t even suck in a planet when it was right next to the planet.
But not impossible ig.

I still don’t really agree with the Exception thing but I’m kinda coming around on this a bit.

I genuinely don’t understand that, if you look through the video and see the top and bottom parts of the lower screen, what appears to be several dots on the space background are pretty visible.

Several people disagree with you bro, you yourself said it was "subjective versus subjective" so it's one intepretation versus several

I genuinely don’t understand that, if you look through the video and see the top and bottom parts of the lower screen, what appears to be several dots on the space background are pretty visible.
And can you prove it is actually what you say it is? You still haven't provided proofs to your claims and without those it's just speculations and headcanon

No I can’t actually prove it definitively, you can interpret those specks anyway you want. But if there’s even a possibility that at least one celestial body exists, then I think the feat assuming it’s a total void with no celestial bodies at all is a bigger assumption to make, since that kind of scenario is far less common.

Your only proof there aren’t any stars is that you can’t see them so I don’t really think that’s any better.

There are other feats to go with anyway, why not just discard this one.

Because you have no counter-argument, your point is literally "There could be a celestial body because I say so, therefore it's invalid", "what ifs" are not arguments

My point is that “there are signs in the fight that are similar to signs of celestial bodies in other pieces of fiction, and it’s much harder to prove there are no celestial bodies than the alternative, ergo the destination given for the feat is questionable”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back