• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not anything about angles. The enemy detonates once it either A) hits Sonic B) is parried by him, or iirc C) eventually detonates on its own. Sonic is just Parrying it to fling that bitch back and thus make it explode.
Oh, will remove that part then, but do you agree with "far higher" for parry?

I am fine with "far higher", and maybe note that it lets him deflect attacks that would otherwise one-shot him.

I agree with the update to Void's rating, and the addition for the Emeralds. But, like JJ and Lazer, I disagree with Parry's upgrade, personally.

Speaking of Parry, can someone check how we usually do it? Prior consistency and all? Did we add Parry to Street Fighter characters or perfect blocking for Xenoverse?

Well, from a Game Mechanic side of things, we have similar cases with Parry from Street Fighter (which allows to nullify all incoming damage if pushing the block button perfectly in frames of attack) and in Xenoverse games (perfect blocking is the same thing basically). However, it appears we do not list them. So, same here.

Alternatively, if it is confirmed to be in-lore ability of Sonic - it would be added.
I heard there are new character coming up in a DLC? If they'll have different abilities - it would be valid too.

Well, from a Game Mechanic side of things, we have similar cases with Parry from Street Fighter (which allows to nullify all incoming damage if pushing the block button perfectly in frames of attack) and in Xenoverse games (perfect blocking is the same thing basically). However, it appears we do not list them. So, same here.
nah, is sonic's case it is a defense skill that when he activates it it simply blocks all attacks, it doesn't require imput, it is like a guard technique, plus it also makes him float in the air and slows down his own perception of time when he does it, it is definitely more than just a normal parry mechanic in a fighting game i assure you

Alternatively, if it is confirmed to be in-lore ability of Sonic - it would be added.
I heard there are new character coming up in a DLC? If they'll have different abilities - it would be valid too.
The parry is part of the story, at least in frontiers, it is necessary for several minigames and for the fight against Wyvern

To get it out of the way, most everything here is fine except for the one in contention right now.

And frankly, I don't think the parry should really amount to anything. It definitely didn't deserve the full-on tier upgrade for what was essentially a "no u" technique, and I'm just not sure it deserves the defense upgrade either, since it's less about Sonic tanking the hit and redirecting it, and moreso Sonic using his speed to catch the attack and throw it back. (Think Po doing the same thing with cannonballs at the end of Kung Fu Panda 2.) And at that point, that's not a Durability feat, that's an LS feat, even AP depending on the situation. (Even the bit with the Knight's spikes seems to be Sonic pushing the spikes away from him, and I could also argue game mechanics in that regard as well.)

Now, the Limited Flight thing is...fine, I guess. I was going to blow that off because since Sonic was moving at a higher speed, that means that of course it looks like he's suspended in midair because his perception of time has slowed, meaning everything around him is slower. But then I saw the GIF and was just left scratching my head. Like, it doesn't seem realistic and has more of a case in game mechanics imo, but I guess it's somewhat more acceptable than the Durability thing, so whatever.

And frankly, I don't think the parry should really amount to anything. It definitely didn't deserve the full-on tier upgrade for what was essentially a "no u" technique, and I'm just not sure it deserves the defense upgrade either, since it's less about Sonic tanking the hit and redirecting it, and moreso Sonic using his speed to catch the attack and throw it back. (Think Po doing the same thing with cannonballs at the end of Kung Fu Panda 2.)
The difference here is......sonic is not catching it, he is slapping it

And at that point, that's not a Durability feat, that's an LS feat, even AP depending on the situation. (Even the bit with the Knight's spikes seems to be Sonic pushing the spikes away from him, and I could also argue game mechanics in that regard as well.)
Well, his arm is still getting hit by the attacks + his own movement which would increase the recoil, so by newtons 3th law, he would need to tank the hit

Now, the Limited Flight thing is...fine, I guess. I was going to blow that off because since Sonic was moving at a higher speed, that means that of course it looks like he's suspended in midair because his perception of time has slowed, meaning everything around him is slower. But then I saw the GIF and was just left scratching my head. Like, it doesn't seem realistic and has more of a case in game mechanics imo, but I guess it's somewhat more acceptable than the Durability thing, so whatever.
Ok, thank you for the evaluation

If Sonic is reacting to the attack and redirecting it, that’s more evidence of base Sonic speed scaling to the Titans

Since this is talking about the Chaos Emeralds anyway, I want to argue they should grant a resistance to Time Eater’s erasure.

Every rival in the game has one, and are the main characters besides Sonic who aren’t affected by the erasure. And when Time Eater tries to erase/grab one of the Chaos Emeralds, it repels him immediately

Since this is talking about the Chaos Emeralds anyway, I want to argue they should grant a resistance to Time Eater’s erasure.

Every rival in the game has one, and are the main characters besides Sonic who aren’t affected by the erasure. And when Time Eater tries to erase/grab one of the Chaos Emeralds, it repels him immediately
Agreed.

Although, I guess that might come at the potential cost of removing the inherent resistances that Shadow/Silver/Metal have.

i would prefer sticking to what this thread is proposing, there is a page being made for chaos energy, we can just cover that alongside the rest later on

I agree with the OP, even the Parry offering limited Flight, but neutral about what the Parry is itself.

Yes, the Parry is canon for the game, as Sonic confirms he sees the map opening up throughout the game as he completes the minigames and the texts themselves triply emphasize invulnerability in 3 different ways at the beginning of each boss fight.

I agree with the OP, even the Parry offering limited Flight, but neutral about what the Parry is itself.

Yes, the Parry is canon for the game, as Sonic confirms he sees the map opening up throughout the game as he completes the minigames and the texts themselves triply emphasize invulnerability in 3 different ways at the beginning of each boss fight.
Don't forget how it's needed for fights against Wyvern and Knight, against Wyvern it uses it to counterattack missiles and Knight's shield, parry should give Attack Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back