• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this looks like some good F U N, I hope you all entertain me on this matter because I am neutral right now!
R6c2e39fdfa114b191a63fc8633836bde

cheers!

Not sure if it has been brought up already, but didn't Solaris basically pull the same feat as Time Eater except on a multiversal scale?
No they're definitely different. Technically you can't put a finite speed value of timeline destruction. That's blatantly dumb :V like really. However, since it's energy that's outwardly expanding through space, and especially time, then it's likely immeasurable attack speed.

Solaris' feats seems far more close to Multiple Selves than to Nigh-Omnipresence. The latter implies you're almost/close to being everywhere at once when Solaris is as close to that through time as you or me but multiplied by 3. The versions in the part and future can act independently from the version in the present, so what? It's not across all of time, just 3 parts in it. I bet they would still call it Nigh-Omnipresence if there was only a Solaris acting differently in only 2 time periods.

Solaris' feats seems far more close to Multiple Selves than to Nigh-Omnipresence. The latter implies you're almost/close to being everywhere at once when Solaris is as close to that through time as you or me but multiplied by 3. The versions in the part and future can act independently from the version in the present, so what? It's not across all of time, just 3 parts in it. I bet they would still call it Nigh-Omnipresence if there was only a Solaris acting differently in only 2 time periods.
This again? We went over this in the last thread. It's such a mess that it'll be hard to find, but I still remember that we all agreed that Solaris has temporal omnipresence.

This is headcanon, the game states Solaris exists in the past, present, and future, not that there are multiple versions of Solaris, furthermore in his fight the hedgehogs are clearly seen fighting one Solaris, not several with different health bars, and different attacks
Not sure if it has been brought up already, but didn't Solaris basically pull the same feat as Time Eater except on a multiversal scale?
Solaris feat would be immeasurable, since the blast reached Silver's future, meaning it could travel through time via speed

Quick question. If it's an AoE blast that manages to reach and affect the future, why wouldn't it be Immeasurable Speed? Seems kinda blatant.

Definitely a stretch, but can you say that Solaris being a superdimensional being allows him to transcend 4th dimension space from Shuffle, AKA transcending time?
Might add further credence to Immeasurable.

Nothing at all indicates there's more than one Solaris, if that's what you're getting at. If you feel there are multiple versions of Solaris in this boss fight, you'll need to support that idea with something substantial.

Do we know what "superdimensional" means?
"Above dimensions" seemingly.
And normally that would apply to just timelines on the same plane, but Shuffle notes that dimensions can be numerical and existing in a hierarchy. I believe Shuffle was considered canon during the whole Multi Solaris debate.

This is headcanon, the game states Solaris exists in the past, present, and future, not that there are multiple versions of Solaris, furthermore in his fight the hedgehogs are clearly seen fighting one Solaris, not several with different health bars, and different attacks
You give more meaning to it than what it has. Exist in the past, present, and future doesn't necessarily mean to exist across all of time, it's easier to believe he only acts at 1 point in the present like you and me, and also in 1 point in the past and future, thereby what they said is still correct, and this fits with what we see. You're making up how they would need to be more than 1 Solaris, if 3 characters were fighting separately 1 same huge 3-headed being the latter can completely have Multiple Selves and only 1 health bar.
Nothing at all indicates there's more than one Solaris, if that's what you're getting at. If you feel there are multiple versions of Solaris in this boss fight, you'll need to support that idea with something substantial.
This is kinda hypocrite given his Acausality.

The thing is that Solaris, the true Solaris, is only one entity, the flame we see at the end, and that true Solaris is a single being that was summoned during the Solaris project. Nothing indicates that there are multiple versions of Solaris, just one Solaris existing at multiple time points.

You give more meaning to it than what it has. Exist in the past, present, and future doesn't necessarily mean to exist across all of time, it's easier to believe he only acts at 1 point in the present like you and me, and also in 1 point in the past and future, thereby what they said is still
Your interpretation is just that, an interpretation without proof of it being correct, you are the one giving meaning to the phrase
You're making up how they would need to be more than 1 Solaris, if 3 characters were fighting separately 1 same huge 3-headed being the latter can completely have Multiple Selves and only 1 health bar.
In his boss fight he is seem using the same attacks and facing certain directions, where the previous character was, we can literally even see him still blocking, it's not having only one health bar, but the fact he acts as one, you are the one making stuff up with a clear lack of knowelege

The thing is that Solaris, the true Solaris, is only one entity, the flame we see at the end, and that true Solaris is a single being that was summoned during the Solaris project. Nothing indicates that there are multiple versions of Solaris, just one Solaris existing at multiple time points.
Didn't say there's more than 1 Solaris, but that he acts differently. Imagine 1 person with a clone and that any action the person does the clone does too, and both could react to things differently to fight others, now imagine it isn't a clone but a version of the same person in other point in time; is the person only 1? Yes, would it be correct to call "versions" the one in the present and the one in other point in time? Also yes. Solaris is the same but with 1 "version" more.
Your interpretation is just that, an interpretation without proof of it being correct, you are the one giving meaning to the phrase
It's not just an interpretation and it already has proof as it's what's more reasonable, him being the same across all time takes legit infinite more speculation than just him being in 3 points in time.

I think User kind of already said he doesn't act differently, his moves are exactly the same across all the times you switch between the Hedgehogs, and at that point it seems like it would take more assumptions to say Solaris has three copies that all behave exactly the same instead of just saying that Solaris is one entity with no doubles doing these actions across the time periods.

If you wanted I guess you could stretch and say Mephiles being able to clone himself transferred over to Solaris but there's not really anything saying that for certain.

You can switch characters mid-attack from Solaris and you can see him in his previous attack pose when you were the previous character. Which he then stops as he turns and faces who you play as next. I'm not sure where this argument is coming from when the entire previous thread had multiple regulars and staff alike agree that there is only one, Temporally Omnipresent Solaris.

Didn't say there's more than 1 Solaris, but that he acts differently. Imagine 1 person with a clone and that any action the person does the clone does too, and both could react to things differently to fight others, now imagine it isn't a clone but a version of the same person in other point in time; is the person only 1? Yes, would it be correct to call "versions" the one in the present and the one in other point in time? Also yes. Solaris is the same but with 1 "version" more.
Saying "it's him + clones" isn't any different than saying there are multiple Solarises. In both cases it's still multiple Solarises, which was disproved, and I don't see any proof to back your claims

It's not just an interpretation and it already has proof as it's what's more reasonable, him being the same across all time takes legit infinite more speculation than just him being in 3 points in time.
Knuckles: "We've no time to waste. We've got to defeat it now!"
Eggman: "No, it is a transcendent life form that exists in the past, present and future."

I think what takes more speculation is saying that what Eggman means by past and future is "This arbitrary point [Number of units of time] in the past and this arbitrary point [Number of units of time] in the future"

Except everything you said is wrong, they don't act "differently", they act the exact same way, because they are the same, simple as, everything else is speculation from you
You legit just came in the thread saying "Solaris has multiple selves" yet you haven't show evidence of it, when you make a claim you have to prove it, not just go with what you think is more reasonable, you aren't WoG, your vision isn't simple correct because you say so, I think the exact opposite of what you said, and since your only proof is your words and what you feel, then it's already a counter by itself since our words by itself hold no power, however I have show proof on why there's only one Solaris by showing evidence of his fight, you haven't

I think what takes more speculation is saying that what Eggman means by past and future is "This arbitrary point [Number of units of time] in the past and this arbitrary point [Number of units of time] in the future"
Kind of frustrating how people just accept Dr. Manhattan ability (Comic media) but constantly questions Solaris(Game media)

You can switch characters mid-attack from Solaris and you can see him in his previous attack pose when you were the previous character. Which he then stops as he turns and faces who you play as next. I'm not sure where this argument is coming from when the entire previous thread had multiple regulars and staff alike agree that there is only one, Temporally Omnipresent Solaris.
This tbh. I still agree with the Pro side anyways

I love how your supporters calls out people for using different verses as a point of view but does the same thing

Not saying I agree with the downgrades but just pointing out smth
[/QUOTE]

Elixir didn't use it in one of his arguments at least. It's still derailment though. I'll give you that. Either way, we should stop doing it until we reach a conclusion.

Don't say "your supporters", Mike. I don't like being grouped with people when I don't do what they do.

We should summarize the arguments from both sides. It's been long enough that I forgot the reasons for downgrading Solaris, and I'm sure plenty of others have. A new post should help, since I doubt OP is up to date with the arguments from the Pro-Immeasurable side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back