• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You can also destroy the character on a more complete level then what they've been shown to come back from. Destruction on a retroactive or conceptual level, for example, often bypasses basic type 8.

@HERO Yeah, Sonic from Sonic the Comic is a damn asshole. Refers to Tails as Pixel-brain, kinda mistreats people, etc.

Tbh I kinda like the take of Sonic in the Sonic Comic. Not that I like his character, but you gotta say it's at least different from the norm of a standard hero. That, and Super Sonic in that continuity is pretty frraking cool. And or terrifying.

ShakeResounding said:
@HERO Yeah, Sonic from Sonic the Comic is a damn asshole. Refers to Tails as Pixel-brain, kinda mistreats people, etc.
Tbh I kinda like the take of Sonic in the Sonic Comic. Not that I like his character, but you gotta say it's at least different from the norm of a standard hero. That, and Super Sonic in that continuity is pretty frraking cool. And or terrifying.
It is different, ShakeResounding.

Tbf, Archie Sonic isn't always the nicest guy as well. Remember in the political reconstruction of Mobius arc, and how he was being a massive dick to everyone?

Don't forget Game Sonic as well. Roger's take on him makes him out to be a jack ass which is sad because that's not on him but rather the writers. I think Roger is the best English voice actor for Sonic, but I will take Jason's Sonic any day. There at least he is much more likeable

To be honest, I expected Shadow would be a jackass in comics and games but not Sonic though.

Yup. The dude confessed that he didn't even knew what was going on in the games when he first started out.

Nedge1000 said:
To be honest, I expected Shadow would be a jackass in comics and games but not Sonic though.
Yeah me too. But people need to stop associating him with Vegeta just because they are rivals to the main characters. Shadow and Vegeta are very different personality wise, Shadow is actually a really chill dude as long as you aren't Marie. Albeit he can still have his cocky moments.

Then again Vegeta has also gotten a lot calmer as well in Super.

MYHERO said:
Yup. The dude confessed that he didn't even knew what was going on in the games when he first started out.
And Sonic Team hired him why? Ian Flynn would do a much better job writing the plots for the games.

@MYHERO Vegeta and Shadow also have very different backstories. Vegeta started off as evil and arrogant, doing Frieza's dirty work of conquering planets. Shadow is far more tragic, he had to witness Maria get killed right in front of him, then Gerald went insane and brainwashed Shadow by reprogramming his memories to think Maria wanted revenge, and was sealed away for 50 years.

So yeah, other than the whole rival to the main character trope, they really aren't that similar.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@MYHERO Vegeta and Shadow also have very different backstories. Vegeta started off as evil and arrogant, doing Frieza's dirty work of conquering planets. Shadow is far more tragic, he had to witness Maria get killed right in front of him, then Gerald went insane and brainwashed Shadow by reprogramming his memories to think Maria wanted revenge, and was sealed away for 50 years.
So yeah, other than the whole rival to the main character trope, they really aren't that similar.
I agree with these points.

Thanks and don't forget Shadow's point as well. He explained in more detail why these two characters are different.

Resistance to basic Sleep Manip, yeah, but it's definitely better than no resistance at all.

I always forget Scourge is immortal. They could've done some interesting stuff with that :p

Back