• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've missed out on being in those threads but I've had issues with it myself for a while tbh. But yeah curious to see what you'll cook up (it'll probably be similar to what I've thought)

I'm also typically quite outspoken when I'm planning a revision. If I'm planning one, someone's gonna know one way or another

I'm the one that added Infinite speed so I can sure as hell take it away. Also, a large number of supporters have known this for a while
Damn, I had already planned a speed downgrade for Super forms and you're gonna do this too? That kinda sucks ngl, but I look forward to what you have to say

Last edited:
you beautiful cowboy...
luckyluke-cowboy.gif

Overlord and Perfect Chaos should NOT be getting checked by Base characters ever it's so ******* silly for specifically VS trying to go through hoops trying to explain these feats.
You can just go the Dragon Ball powercreep route and just say Modern Base>>>Adventure Super Forms, very simple explanation, and probably the one Sega believes too, nowadays.

Damn, I had already planned a speed downgrade for Super forms
This one I don't get, tho. What downgrade do you plan.
It's funny how the rest of the Battleboarding scene is always playing catch up to this wiki.
This is true, almost every Sonic research thing is just copying what's in this wikia in a very tsundere way. It's kind of funny tbh.

But getting rid of immeasurable Super speed though? Why?
I don’t believe anyone’s planning that, in fact I can’t see how one would even pull that off. I think all the talk of “downgrading Super form speed” is just talking about the baseline level of Super forms currently upscaling from Darkspine Sonic. Maybe someone is planning an Immeasurable speed downgrade though and I’m missing some key info, idk I ain’t psychic.

This one I don't get, tho. What downgrade do you plan
I've already shown you. Baseline Super form speed has no reason to scale to Darkspine Sonic or any other unrelated mcguffin. Darkspine Sonic doesn't even get his infinite speed from the world rings for crying out loud. He already has it in base by that point.

I've already shown you. Baseline Super form speed has no reason to scale to Darkspine Sonic or any other unrelated mcguffin. Darkspine Sonic doesn't even get his infinite speed from the world rings for crying out loud. He already has it in base by that point.
Oh I see. Well, Super Sonic would probably still be infinite anyways because of Ruby scaling + Perfect Chaos scaling to Modern Base Sonic.

If Pepto’s thread gets fully accepted and Low 2-C is no longer the baseline, how would their new ratings be applied for Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and Adventure Sonic’s keys? Would it be something like “Varies, at least [weakest base key’s rating] to [strongest base key’s rating], up to 1-C”? Or would they have multiple Super form keys?

Also are there any interesting matchups that could be done with Ultimate Gemerl and post-Battle Super Sonic reaching 3-C through the Chaos Emerald multiplier (assuming I didn’t mess up the math)? Tbh I don’t really care about the VS debating part of powerscaling that much, I’m just a bit curious is all.

If Pepto’s thread gets fully accepted and Low 2-C is no longer the baseline, how would their new ratings be applied for Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and Adventure Sonic’s keys? Would it be something like “Varies, at least [weakest base key’s rating] to [strongest base key’s rating], up to 1-C”? Or would they have multiple Super form keys?

Also are there any interesting matchups that could be done with Ultimate Gemerl and post-Battle Super Sonic reaching 3-C through the Chaos Emerald multiplier (assuming I didn’t mess up the math)? Tbh I don’t really care about the VS debating part of powerscaling that much, I’m just a bit curious is all.
Wouldnt they still have Low 2-C based on the Phantom King

Oh I see. Well, Super Sonic would probably still be infinite anyways because of Ruby scaling + Perfect Chaos scaling to Modern Base Sonic.
Nope. The Phantom Ruby is superior to the 7 Emeralds' baseline due to the fact that it can effortlessly create armies of characters who upscale from said baseline by virtue of upscaling from the Super Egg Robot and (for now) Perfect Chaos.

Nope. The Phantom Ruby is superior to the 7 Emeralds' baseline due to the fact that it can effortlessly create armies of characters who upscale from said baseline by virtue of upscaling from the Super Egg Robot and (for now) Perfect Chaos.
Classic Super Sonic literally fights the Phantom King and beats it, and Adventure Perfect Chaos fights Modern base. They would scale.

The former makes more sense to me. If possible, we could even do "varies from base form attack potency*7 to Complex Multiverse level. That would be unprecedented though, but it would be the most practical solution.
Even base Sonic could scale to 3-C in the early modern era via those multipliers and a 3-C to 3-B feat in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. If the 2-C baseline for the emeralds is accepted via the Sonic Rush feat, none of this matters though.

Classic Super Sonic literally fights the Phantom King and beats it, and Adventure Perfect Chaos fights Modern base. They would scale.
No evidence that the Phantom King is baseline showing. We went over this. Modern base upscaling from the baseline of 7 emeralds doesn't mean baseline Super forms are infinite speed. There's also evidence to contradict Perfect Chaos being a baseline level foe even without the Sonic Channel statement.

No evidence that the Phantom King is baseline showing. We went over this. Modern base upscaling from the baseline of 7 emeralds doesn't mean baseline Super forms are infinite speed. There's also evidence to contradict Perfect Chaos being a baseline level foe even without the Sonic Channel statement.
This is why we gotta change to the "Classic to Adventure to modern Super form" scaling tbh.

bare minimum it’s mass energy conversion of a planet into a singularity which is probably like, small star at least.
thing is, the Black Hole would have sucked it up the Earth.......while they were deep into outer space ´pretty sure the calc for the travel is like, into the millions c

What would even be baseline super forms? Final Hazard?
For Adventure and Modern Era characters it would be the user’s base power with the 2x multiplier from each Emerald (128x in total iirc). For Classic Era characters I believe it would be the High 4-C feat of one Emerald increased by 64x.

Back