• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'll entertain your question.

Fanfiction about random shit is probably more out there, like Sonic going back in time to stop 9/11 or one centering around Eggman being a Republican lmao

Ngl I tried to get into sonic fanfiction but I couldn't find many I like. Iron Oxide is pretty good tho.

I tried too, originally I watched fanfiction on YouTube, I did it by accident when I was looking for videos about ''falls'' in GTA San Andreas, then I found a mod video where Chucky appears.then a ''QHPS'' and that's how I started with fanfics, like, 8 years ago

That one where the main cast gets trapped in prison island. You know the one
oh wait I have, there was an ''animated'' fan series created by someone and literally sonic had a harem with EVERY girl from the sonic franchise (until that moment)which is basically...like,2017,basically all girls after that are not in the harem (forgetted he updates the series to go with the normal timeline,so tecnically,2023)

I don't think people realize that the more this movie succeeds, the bigger the likelihood that Shadow gains more prominence in the future of the franchise (most likely, anyways).
I wanna see him take off his inhibitors in a future game.

And I hope we get something about him hearing about and reacting to the events of Sonic Frontiers (like calling Sonic a moron for believing The End, and/or maybe reluctantly opening up to Eggman about Maria).

You better hope Flynn isn't writing him
That'd be really cool and fun to see happen again

Btw, I was thinking that, since Archie Sonic has the Chaos Force, it would be cool if The End was the embodiment of the polar opposite to the Chaos Force, an equal higher-dimensional force known as "The Order".

One of those "order is not a good thing" scenarios.
Thoughts, Shake?

An opposing cosmic force would actually be pretty cool, considering neutrality is often synonymous with lack of change (order, in other words).

Reminds me of The Final Shape from Destiny 2.

I don't think people realize that the more this movie succeeds, the bigger the likelihood that Shadow gains more prominence in the future of the franchise (most likely, anyways).
Fun fact, assuming you or anyone else here on the thread didn't know this, the reason why Shadow is so well written in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and basically being the main focus of 06's story is due to all three games being written by the same guy: Shiro Maekawa.

Shiro, from what I've read, has stated a few times that Shadow is his favorite character in the Sonic series which is likely why Shadow was a big part of all three games. Now I hope that Sonic 3's success lends to better writing and prominence in the games, and I think Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley have done good jobs with Shadow when given the chance, but it'd be pretty cool to see Shiro write for one more Sonic game where Shadow has a leading role.

An opposing cosmic force would actually be pretty cool, considering neutrality is often synonymous with lack of change (order, in other words).

Reminds me of The Final Shape from Destiny 2.
Basically it'd be like:

The End: I believe in order, and erasing anything chaotic from the multiverse.

Sonic gang: Oh that's not so bad.

Shadow and Eggman: Wait for it.

The End: I find all life in the multiverse to be inferior and too chaotic. I am the only one who should exist, in order for there to be true order.

Shadow and Eggman: And there it is.

Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley have done good jobs with Shadow when given the chance.
I can’t comment much in Evan since I’ve barely read any of her stuff. But Flynn writing Shadow is one of the main reasons the 2010s version of him was so widely despised. If you want a well written Shadow you need to hope it ain’t Flynn.

I can’t comment much in Evan since I’ve barely read any of her stuff. But Flynn writing Shadow is one of the main reasons the 2010s version of him was so widely despised. If you want a well written Shadow you need to hope it ain’t Flynn.
Tbf I'm mainly going by the Archie version of Shadow, which is considered by many including myself to be one of the best versions of Shadow in the franchise itself. The problem with 2010's Shadow, i.e. IDW mostly, is that Ian's restricted because of the BS mandates imposed upon him by SEGA and what he has to portray them like.

If SEGA's mandate didn't make Shadow like a shitty version of Vegeta before his character development, then game Shadow could still be comparable to Archie Shadow in writing and character

.....excuse me? Flynn didn't wrote for shadow in the 2010

Fun fact, assuming you or anyone else here on the thread didn't know this, the reason why Shadow is so well written in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and basically being the main focus of 06's story is due to all three games being written by the same guy: Shiro Maekawa.

Shiro, from what I've read, has stated a few times that Shadow is his favorite character in the Sonic series which is likely why Shadow was a big part of all three games. Now I hope that Sonic 3's success lends to better writing and prominence in the games, and I think Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley have done good jobs with Shadow when given the chance, but it'd be pretty cool to see Shiro write for one more Sonic game where Shadow has a leading role.
Shiro NEEDS to come back.

Reactions: JED
Tbf I'm mainly going by the Archie version of Shadow, which is considered by many including myself to be one of the best versions of Shadow in the franchise itself. The problem with 2010's Shadow, i.e. IDW mostly, is that Ian's restricted because of the BS mandates imposed upon him by SEGA and what he has to portray them like.

If SEGA's mandate didn't make Shadow like a shitty version of Vegeta before his character development, then game Shadow could still be comparable to Archie Shadow in writing and character
I don’t read Archie but I’ve heard mixed things about his portrayal there so I have no comment. As for the IDW mandates, those are honestly overblown a lot of that was Flynn himself. Not that Sega wasn’t stupid but the blame is not solely on them, he played a good role in that too.
Regardless I completely agree we need Shiro over anyone else.
.....excuse me? Flynn didn't wrote for shadow in the 2010
Literally IDW when Flynn was on it

I don’t read Archie but I’ve heard mixed things about his portrayal there so I have no comment. As for the IDW mandates, those are honestly overblown a lot of that was Flynn himself. Not that Sega wasn’t stupid but the blame is not solely on them, he played a good role in that too.
Regardless I completely agree we need Shiro over anyone else.
there is even a reason for why he is not here anymore?

Can someone give input on this crt

I guess it's because a lot of people have so much misconceptions about Shadow as a character and treat him as some sort of meme or the epitome of edgy because of 2005's Shadow The Hedgehog. And I guess Ian now a days probably sees Shadow the same way SEGA does

Some could argue Sonic 06 is an objectively worse game, but I dislike Shadow the Hedgehog more just due to the fact it's resulted in almost two decades of bad jokes, parodies, and totally BS perceptions of who Shadow is as opposed to what he's actually like.

The SGW also spreads like a shockwave,wiping out past,present & future of a 7-D multiverse. I don't see any reason why Supers wouldn't scale.

Would not the Great Harmony also make them thousands to millions of times 7-D immeasurable?

I don't mean to commit whataboutisms,but Mechikabura & his Chaos Ball literally have similar points for layered immeasurable speed. But on a smaller cosmology.

Last edited:
It would. The layers may have been brought into question, but the UES involving the Chaos Emeralds haven't.

Also, does dimensionality really affect the level of Immeasurable speed? I know logically that makes some sense.
I get confused about certain metas here, it seems like the rules for these kinda things are either unspoken or really vague on this site.

I know scaling chains usually do the trick,but speed should be treated the same as AP does in regards to dimensionality IMO. IDK.

Last edited:
To be honest, the way some of you react to anything Ian Flynn, makes it sound like he literally offed Maria himself, or something.

To be honest, the way some of you react to anything Ian Flynn, makes it sound like he literally offed Maria himself, or something.
It's his butchering of certain characters. His Shadow is terrible (which he admitted) and he shilled this stupid idea of Sonic wanting Eggman to "come around" so much that it was actually included in his Fast Friends Forever bio. That was never Sonic's M.O.

It's his butchering of certain characters. His Shadow is terrible (which he admitted) and he shilled this stupid idea of Sonic wanting Eggman to "come around" so much that it was actually included in his Fast Friends Forever bio. That was never Sonic's M.O.
You'd think by a narrative stand point Sonic's whole belief of "everyone should have the freedom to choose and be given a second chance" would've been greatly challenged by the raw evil that was the Metal Virus and Eggman's complete unapologetic feelings to the level of inhumaneness he unleashed upon the world, but apparently Sonic's still willing to let Eggman be given another chance and the ability to choose.

I understand that Sonic at his core is a character who's whole philosophy is being free as the wind and that everyone, good or evil, should be entitled to such freedom as oppose to being controlled, but I think the Metal Virus Arc should've taught Sonic that there are truly people out there which don't deserve such freedoms with Eggman being one such person.

It's his butchering of certain characters. His Shadow is terrible (which he admitted)
archie Shadow tho

and he shilled this stupid idea of Sonic wanting Eggman to "come around" so much that it was actually included in his Fast Friends Forever bio. That was never Sonic's M.O.
I mean..........Sonic didn't said anything against Shadow or Silver when they turned a new leaf, Sonic's main characterisric is freedom, for himself and everyone else, it isn't like he tries to redeem Eggman, but i think that it is obvious that he would like him to come arround one day......isn't that obvious to any hero to his arch nemesis?

You'd think by a narrative stand point Sonic's whole belief of "everyone should have the freedom to choose and be given a second chance" would've been greatly challenged by the raw evil that was the Metal Virus and Eggman's complete unapologetic feelings to the level of inhumaneness he unleashed upon the world, but apparently Sonic's still willing to let Eggman be given another chance and the ability to choose.

I understand that Sonic at his core is a character who's whole philosophy is being free as the wind and that everyone, good or evil, should be entitled to such freedom as oppose to being controlled, but I think the Metal Virus Arc should've taught Sonic that there are truly people out there which don't deserve such freedoms with Eggman being one such person.
I mean, Silver tried to murder him and Shadow almost genocided all the human population, yet he didn't cared in letting them become allies out of nowhere

I can say that it is a little naive of Sonic, but i can't say that it isn't on his character to have this mindset

Back