• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fair Enough. Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for better feats from singular emeralds.
Base Sonic is already a can of worms right now anyway, so maybe that's a good thing.

I don't feel Cyberspace is infinite in size, but, I do feel I remember something about only a few Emeralds keeping Cyberspace going. I could be wrong, though.

Were the Titans being powered by a single emerald or all of them?
One. Doesn’t change their scaling.

Edit: actually, probably none when sonic fights them. Since he is the one holding all the emeralds.

Edit: Supreme was definitely never holding one when sonic fought it, and after The End left it, Sage piloting it did not affect its performance in the slightest, probably boosted it.

Last edited:
Tl;dr Executor explained previously why the Japanese script is just as valid but simply takes less precedence than the English script. Though of course, we're sticking with the Eng script whenever possible and relevant.
Nothing I said says otherwise. Just saying the English is the original. Not sure how many know that so I gotta make sure. Contradictions are what English takes over.

EDIT; I have heard the Japanese script does have better statements regarding feats. If that’s the case and it doesn’t contradict anything, then yeah it’s good to use it.

Last edited:
Is there any plan to merge the Game Sonic and IDW Sonic pages? Given the evidence that suggests IDW Sonic is now considered canon to the game continuity? The evidence being:
Tangle being mentioned
This statement from Ian which also brings up the Izuka statement of wanting to bring the various forms of Sonic media closer together
And this

hey,anyone remember the stament of aaron webber about everything in sonic is canon?
ian confirms the same is true(actually mentioned two times),and he confirms that any sonic media is a parrallel world that exist in a multiverse(this is confirmed by sonic prime)
Although it can be said that Archie is a "parallel universe", the most appropriate word would be a parallel multiverse, because Archie is a multiverse of infinite universes, just like Sonic Boom, which is a multiverse of infinite possible universes,and the game which has a lot of parallel universes.
and sonic prime more of the same

hey,anyone remember the stament of aaron webber about everything in sonic is canon?
ian confirms the same is true(actually mentioned two times),and he confirms that any sonic media is a parrallel world that exist in a multiverse(this is confirmed by sonic prime)
Although it can be said that Archie is a "parallel universe", the most appropriate word would be a parallel multiverse, because Archie is a multiverse of infinite universes, just like Sonic Boom, which is a multiverse of infinite possible universes,and the game which has a lot of parallel universes.
and sonic prime more of the same
Ian already said that was an exaggeration and Prime doesn't confirm anything. The multiverse there was created by the Paradox Prism and is just a reflection of the game universe

Last edited:
Ian says dumb shit on Bumblekast #23,957. Apparently Base Sega Sonic characters having any growth in stats over time is "headcanon on the Fandom's part".

New playable characters AND a new story? Okay, that's pretty freaking cool though my assumption is that it'll probably be Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Hopefully those guys aren't just costumes and get a chance to have their own move sets.
Ian says dumb shit on Bumblekast #23,957. Apparently Base Sega Sonic characters having any growth in stats over time is "headcanon on the Fandom's part".
Even in Sonic Forces, ignoring any evidence from prior games, we see Sonic overpower Infinite after the later overwhelmed him six months ago in in game time. I know Ian Flynn has said his fair share of contradictions but that's just stupid

So, about the whole "Ian says that Sonic doesn't get stronger", that goes a lot deep than that. Ian also has a clear divide about what he accepts as "true" or "not" and most of the time, he seems to think about statements and even some powers as not being true unless they get repeatedly used and mentioned outside of a certain context.

I wouldn't be surprised if he says that The End statements are all pure hype and don't have any true meaning, or that any statements about Sonic getting stronger are "limited to the gameplay and not really something that happens". He constantly stated that powers featured in games that aren't used outside of their debut aren't really "canon" (So stuff like Sonic Battle's moves or ones from Adventure, 02 and 06) and are something that only exists for gameplay. In fact, now that it's likely that Amy, Knuckles, and Tails will be playable on Frontiers I wouldn't be surprised that they get new abilities and they are still stated to "not be canon".

Most of the time this seems to go in hand with the kind of stories that he likes to tell and for that reason, I doubt we'll ever see even Cyloop on IDW. Knowing that Ian particularly seems to dislike Solaris-level and said before he doesn't think that they'll ever reach that level again, I wouldn't be surprised that if someone asked about The End statements he would say "It's limited to its true form" or "Sonic doesn't remember 06" or "It was a lie".

In a way, it's a bit strange how much he seems to like to limit the scope of the series and always take the lowest level when there are inconsistencies (Again, meteor-level Super Sonic and unable to escape the Sun in Archie as Super Sonic because the Sun was stronger) when he made a line about the Chaos Emeralds being chaotic and having a variable power level, this alone should be enough to explain any inconsistencies but he prefers to think of the high levels as outliers and the lower level are the genuine thing.

mTIdFVa.png

I should actually say Ian AND Kyle say dumb shit #Googolplex. Ian shouldn't take all the blame.
Kyle in many ways is vaguer with what he says, he is just a co-host for the channel and has no say on the series, and more times than not, he directly mentions some disagreements with some stuff that Ian says like Sonic Runners not being canon "because you can't play it anymore". The problem with Ian saying that stuff is because he's a writer for the series and is part of their lore initiative to make Sonic a single universe, what he says has some real weight while Kyle is there more to make fun.

Back