• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright lad dial it back a bit. Idk why you’re trying to provoke folks over this
Not trying. Wasn’t provoking anyone lol.
someone just so happened to respond so I responded.

no worries, like I said, I’m just watching things play out. No provoking, promise, pinky swear, cross heart.

Now I can't speak for everyone here since I don't know everyone, but I don't think anyone is unironically going to get pressed over a people's voice award.

Am really disappointed that God of War didn't win game of the year tho 😔
There’s always someone. I mean, I would be butthurt if one of my favorite games didn’t win any award. It’s not an uncommon thing. I was butthurt that sonic didn’t get nominated for the music. That is what y’all should be upset about.

and also
...I...kinda did get butthurt. ANYWAYS, is he going to get warned or?
This user was, and he has the right to feel said way. Like I said, who wouldnt be if a game you loved didn’t win anything?

also, the announcer disrespected the game by even mentioning the bots. To anyone who isn’t me, that was very much uncalled for and would add to the hurt.

Elden ring deserved GOTY tho. God of war was very close but Elden ring was just a very amazing experience.

There’s always someone. I mean, I would be butthurt if one of my favorite games didn’t win any award.
Can't speak for everyone, but I always thought getting pressed over a reward, especially a player choice award was kinda... silly. Like if someone likes a game, I don't know why they'd feel like they need the approval of a reward they don't get. Prolly just me tho.

Elden ring deserved GOTY tho. God of war was very close but Elden ring was just a very amazing experience.
Fair.

Can't speak for everyone, but I always thought getting pressed over a reward, especially a player choice award was kinda... silly. Like if someone likes a game, I don't know why they'd feel like they need the approval of a reward they don't get. Prolly just me tho.
yes, it is just you, how you personally feel. Glad you understand.

Sonic frontiers deserved Best score, and I’m not going to feel any better thinking “it’s just an award.” That’s the only award I’ll say was robbed.

There’s always someone. I mean, I would be butthurt if one of my favorite games didn’t win any award. It’s not an uncommon thing. I was butthurt that sonic didn’t get nominated for the music. That is what y’all should be upset about.

and also

This user was, and he has the right to feel said way. Like I said, who wouldnt be if a game you loved didn’t win anything?

also, the announcer disrespected the game by even mentioning the bots. To anyone who isn’t me, that was very much uncalled for and would add to the hurt.
you gained my respect

Sonic frontiers deserved Best score, and I’m not going to feel any better thinking “it’s just an award.” That’s the only award I’ll say was robbed.
Sonic Frontiers is pretty deserving of it. GoW won that one, right? From what I remember of their ost it does kinda slap admittedly tho

Sonic Frontiers is pretty deserving of it. GoW won that one, right? From what I remember of their ost it does kinda slap admittedly tho
It’s good, but that’s it. I haven’t heard anyone of my friends tell me they’ve been listening to it. I’ve seen people who gave sonic frontiers a mid score even admit that the music for that game slaps hard as ****.

It’s good, but that’s it. I haven’t heard anyone of my friends tell me they’ve been listening to it. I’ve seen people who gave sonic frontiers a mid score even admit that the music for that game slaps hard as ****.
I prefer Sonic's music, but I don't think GoW's ost from what I heard was just good. It sounded pretty damn solid in terms of a game ost.

Unrelated but, did the whole thing about the End being the embodiment of death actually get stated in that interview, or was it inferred based on the perception stuff.

Unrelated but, did the whole thing about the End being the embodiment of death actually get stated in that interview, or was it inferred based on the perception stuff.
It was inferred, but we never got a direct translation of the interview outside of that tweet.

A real shame that Frontiers lost the Player Choice Award at TGA, even if I feel personally that game awards shouldn't be used as a basis to judge a game's quality, but the fact that Sonic Frontiers was even nominated for the Player Choice Award at all is insanely impressive to begin with as I can't really recall any Sonic game being nominated for that. So hats off to Sonic Team and SEGA for making it that far

Sonic having good music is taken for granted because everyone always expects the soundtrack to be fire. When the music being exceptional is the norm, people don't realize how good the music really is. That's how I see it, anyways

Sonic having good music is taken for granted because everyone always expects the soundtrack to be fire. When the music being exceptional is the norm, people don't realize how good the music really is. That's how I see it, anyways
so "if it is consistent then that's a no-no?"

The lost was a win. The director came out thanking the fanbase for their support of the game, and that this will have an impact going forward. A greater experience and more excitement to come.

They saw how much people loved the game, this time they will aim to get a win, as they won’t settle for just nominees.

I still think the players choice award is doodoo and I couldn’t care less about it, but people seem to, so let’s keep voicing our support to the team.

LET"S ******* GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i wonder what Will the toxic side of GI will do to the sonic fanbase.

Is that canon and if so, what does it add to the verse
It's Early Western Canon, isn't used just like basically anything exclusive from Early Western Canon or that was created from it (The only exception is Sonic Spinball but basically 100% retconned).

But it's basically Perpendicular Zone before there was a Perpendicular Zone, doesn't really add anything new.

sonic fans took it well. Tried to find a salty space of fans but they got everything out of their systems in a couple of hours.

The genshin community got 800 whatever currency that shit is. I have no idea if that a lot or a small amount.
Hope they enjoyed getting bribed.

Well, I can confirm the perception of death stuff is in there, I caught the word mou at one point and Sonic and Sage and the player were referenced.

The embodiment of death stuff might be a little reachy though, it would be nice having actual translated subs.

Back