• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Problem is The End didn't see Solaris in Sonic's memories,it can't know about it.

"Screaming reverse of the redshift light
Thread of balance unwind
Tear the fabric of time
Gleaming brighter
After all worlds are pulled inside
Gripping tighter
Chokes out the source
Of your boundless might"
Solaris is very much inside Sonic's memories, how can it not see Solaris?

so they finally have a candidate to assume that position?
Not yet I think. They already have a team for that from people that was already working on Sonic from both the west and Japan, so I think the candidate was more for allowing someone outside of the group to enter it.

Not yet I think. They already have a team for that from people that was already working on Sonic from both the west and Japan, so I think the candidate was more for allowing someone outside of the group to enter it.
genuinely curious about who is gonna be nominated to enter that position outside of the group

Something that Is kind of curious is how much of it is basically just westerns that are popular with the fans, makes me worry about how much they could change from the Japanese's lore and content.

More on that difference, a Japanese player played both versions of Sonic Frontiers, and the general summary of the difference was "Removed lots of references to the previous games" (Most Japanese players never played a Sonic game before, so they most likely removed it in order to not confuse new players) and "Change text to feel more philosophical", in special he said that the last boss's text in Japanese feels much more epic and greater than the English version.

This makes me wonder if the previous discussion about the last boss gets more clarification in the Japanese version, but couldn't help considering how much the Japanese version removes references to previous events (For example, when they talk about an event being in the scale of Dark Gaia's, they say in Japanese just more about how mystery the island is and what is the truth behind the mystery)

@Executor_N0 Sonic's more popular in the West then in Japan? It sounds a lot like Metroid in the West where it's far more popular there then Japan.
I'm kinda surprised, but then again Sonic always seemed to want to appeal to Americans in the 90's

@Executor_N0 Sonic's more popular in the West then in Japan? It sounds a lot like Metroid in the West where it's far more popular there then Japan.
I'm kinda surprised, but then again Sonic always seemed to want to appeal to Americans in the 90's
Yes, even though of course a Japanese staff would put a lot of "Japanese-like things", a lot of the series is made to please the west and for that reason, the series never made success in Japan as they focus on depending on western sales. In regards to that, Sonic Frontiers was the first game that they made with the intent of pleasing the Japanese audience and that is even the reason why Kishimoto changed Ian's script for Asia as he thought that making a script focusing on the uniqueness of Japanese wording would make the game feel more profound for Japanese players and help the understanding of that world.

They really went all out to make the game work for Japan, they even turned brought popular V-Tuber Korone into the series with her appearing on the Japanese livestreams and also special DLC with items focused on her.

It is not. Super Sonic surpassed what The End expected, it is as simple as that. it can read Sonic's mind, it KNOWS exactly how strong it's past enemies are. Unlike Sonic, they aren't a constantly changing data
Late response, but later better than never. With that said-

You're making the assertion that it knows exactly how stronger just because we were told it read Sonic's mind. We don't know the extent to which they did, or if they'd be able to know exactly how strong said opponents are based on reading Sonic's memories. With that said, The End should know exactly how strong Sonic is because they ARE fighting them and receiving live data, and yet still made the assertion all would fall to them. This is just The End overestimating themselves, or underestimating the opponent. If Super Sonic surpassed what The End expected, that just means they underestimated Sonic, thus why they were surprised to begin with despite having live data on Sonic whilst fighting him.
I'll just ignore the "scaling standpoint" because you're wrong, plain and simple. 2-B to 2-B is not a big jump in the Tiering System, in terms of ratio, The End destroys *one infinite snapshot of a temporal dimensional over Solaris". That's a FACT. In Universe gaps are not for us to judge, yes, it's a big gap, but established in canon. What about it?
2-B to 2-B isn't a big jump, I'll admit that, but from an in-universe standpoint and from a scaling (as in Character A > Character B scaling) it is indeed very large. Nor is it "established" in canon outside of a statement made by The End. If there was actual tangible evidence I'd agree with it.

Anyway, if we don't want to accept infinite as hyperbole, there's also the problem of infinite having multiple meanings in and of itself.

Infinite:
"limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate."
"very great in amount or degree."

They could simply be stating that compared to all previous adversaries, that their power is impossible to comprehend/measure insinuating a large gap, but not a literal infinite gap in a numerical sense.

Sadly due to how late I responded, I likely won't be able to reply to a reply addressing this comment, but I should be able to tomorrow.

I do personally agree that The End's AP likely may not literally be infinite. I can't understand exactly what "they are finite I am infinite" means, but, it doesn't seem to specifically be speaking of raw power, perhaps.

Ignoring the twitter arguements and other drama over the Dunky Sonic video but since it dropped the game has been review bombed up to this point today and on metacritic its user score has already went from 8.8 to 8.4 it will potentially drop more which sucks to see especially since at the end of his video he compares its user score to other games that are highly acclaimed or GOTYs from previous years as a jab against frontiers having a high user review score which kinda opened it up for this to begin with

No more of that now ik we don't want to hear about all this but I feel like the review bombing should at least be brought up

It seems like in the recent Bumblekast Ian Flynn confirmed that IDW is now considered part of the Game's Sonic world and it really is a shared universe. Of course, the games are still the primary source so if anything contradicts the games, go with the games, but now from now on IDW, Games, Prime, and basically, all of the recent media are all considered just to be either "Modern Sonic", "Classic's Sonic" (Now just Modern Sonic's past), and "Movie Sonic".

And as he said, this isn't just his view on this, but is Iizuka's own desire for the series. So... when could we address this?

Ignoring the twitter arguements and other drama over the Dunky Sonic video but since it dropped the game has been review bombed up to this point today and on metacritic its user score has already went from 8.8 to 8.4 it will potentially drop more which sucks to see especially since at the end of his video he compares its user score to other games that are highly acclaimed or GOTYs from previous years as a jab against frontiers having a high user review score which kinda opened it up for this to begin with

No more of that now ik we don't want to hear about all this but I feel like the review bombing should at least be brought up
And people say the non fan menace isn't a thing...

It seems like in the recent Bumblekast Ian Flynn confirmed that IDW is now considered part of the Game's Sonic world and it really is a shared universe. Of course, the games are still the primary source so if anything contradicts the games, go with the games, but now from now on IDW, Games, Prime, and basically, all of the recent media are all considered just to be either "Modern Sonic", "Classic's Sonic" (Now just Modern Sonic's past), and "Movie Sonic".

And as he said, this isn't just his view on this, but is Iizuka's own desire for the series. So... when could we address this?

I don't know how this could be adressed. The only thing I can see is removing IDW pages and adding anything of them to game pages and making the IDW OCs scale to Gamenic

Bruh I can't make this up this is just like when I had a horde of Snyder Cult fans coming at me because DCEU superman

They've found their way to my twitter, these are direct replies to me lol

[Snip]

I say after the Frontiers CRT.

That way the game and its additions can settle while we figure out how this affects the pages. My initial idea is to simply absorb the IDW profiles into their game profiles, cutting out any retreaded territory while adding in the references and things that are new/relevant to add.

Well I'm done with the third island and all I gotta say is this:
For an ancient civilization with technology and weaponry surpassing of anything we've seen in recent times or even forever, I'm kinda weirded out about the fact that they added pinball to Frontiers for some reason

Well I'm done with the third island and all I gotta say is this:
For an ancient civilization with technology and weaponry surpassing of anything we've seen in recent times or even forever, I'm kinda weirded out about the fact that they added pinball to Frontiers for some reason
Tbf pinball has been an integral part of the Sonic franchise since Sonic 2 (it's one of the main reasons "apparently" why rings aren't currency anymore to avoid another game corner/age rating fiasco that hit the Pokémon franchise a few years back).

Also on the topic of review bombing Frontiers, does what Metacritic says actually matter to anyone? I'm going to judge either on my own merits or I'm going to look at the reviews on the platform I purchased it on like Steam, let people be petty all they want
I think it's moreso how Sega will take it that people are worried about other than that 8.8 was pretty high and 8.4 is also high so at the end of the day it wasn't the worse thing to happen but the fact that it happened after a Dunky video of all things is upsetting Sonic fans on twitter

That's about it for that situation tho unless I'm missing something

Also on the topic of review bombing Frontiers, does what Metacritic says actually matter to anyone? I'm going to judge either on my own merits or I'm going to look at the reviews on the platform I purchased it on like Steam, let people be petty all they want
I remember Sonic Maina Adventures (A small animated series to tie-into Maina plus) got heavily reviewed bombed but I don't exactly know why.

I remember Sonic Maina Adventures (A small animated series to tie-into Maina plus) got heavily reviewed bombed but I don't exactly know why.
Wait W H A T ? Sonic Mania Adventures on Youtube appears to be universally loved and well received, so it's surprising that it got review bombed in any capacity.
I can't think of any other reason then spite

BTW it appears that there are unused voice clips in Sonic Frontiers' files that include clips of Sonic seemingly forgetting himself and his friends.
My assumption is that initially, Sonic would've begun losing more of his memories as he became corrupted from Cyberspace after saving his friends, but was left unused for unknown reasons

BTW it appears that there are unused voice clips in Sonic Frontiers' files that include clips of Sonic seemingly forgetting himself and his friends.
My assumption is that initially, Sonic would've begun losing more of his memories as he became corrupted from Cyberspace after saving his friends, but was left unused for unknown reasons

Seems like that wasn't unused and some people claimed to have seen that dialogue in the game, it's just hard to trigger because of how rare the dialogues are at all

Seems like that wasn't unused and some people claimed to have seen that dialogue in the game, it's just hard to trigger because of how rare the dialogues are at all
Wait really? That's fair then, though you'd think that they would come up with ways to trigger these moments of dialogue since the game is quite big but then again I do like a game when it acknowledges its environment

This isn't unused, actually. It seems you can get those in Rhea by standing still

This isn't unused, actually. It seems you can get those in Rhea by standing still
Yeah that makes sense, I guess as Executor said the dialogue can be rare for some people so it ain't no wonder why some assumed it's unused lines found in the game's files.
Also the 4th island is called Rhea? Pretty interesting that Frontiers named all of the islands after Greek Gods and Titans and the like

Back