• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Now that the game has been out for a while, and Its overall a positive experience, I’m going to talk about a little negative I have that was recently discovered.

It seems, according to some info, that the game came out in a rushed state because of some weird decision making that split Kronos island into 2 more islands. Originally, there were only 3 super huge islands, and the final titan you fight was a prototype titan for a prototype super sonic fight, which is why the fight is so lack luster, and why the final boss is a shooter (probably because they didn’t have time to flesh it out).

You can also feel how rushed the game was from island 4 onward, with the story taking a dive in quality. I feel like the end was supposed to be the final battle, but there were only supposed to be 3 titan fights.

still a very enjoyable game, and the best modern sonic has been since generations.

At this point the literal concept of rushing needs to be erased in order to get a Sonic game that isn't incomplete or rushed out by Sonic Team.

Even Generations was rushed (E.g Sonic and Tails stop talking about the Zones they were in after Chemical Plant).

The things we Sonic fans have to (begrudgingly) accept that wouldn't exactly fly in other videogame franchises.

The pop in is also another nuisance to deal with.
Like imagine trying to take in the amazing atmosphere that Sonic Team put into all these islands but then having objects, springs, rails, boost pads and the like popping in and out of existence killing the immersion. It's super irritating, especially since I'm playing this on PC where this sort of pop in should be nonexistent

I do wonder how much better this game would have been if the focus was solely on the better performing platforms. PC, Xbox, PlayStation.

I can’t help but feel like the game was made with the switch in mind. i bought it for switch, beat it, and started watching Penny from snapcube play it. The performance is only just slightly better, with the only major upgrade being how it looks.

I did not expect pop ins to be the same on PC as it is on Switch.

again, can’t help to stress this enough, but the game is really good. I’m just stressing out the negative because I left the game satisfied, yet wanting so much more. A confusing feeling.

BTW, does this game prove super sonic gets stronger throughout the series? Considering the strength of a couple of beings in the game.
Or is it better to headcanon it as sonic just being able to use more power from the emeralds the longer the series progresses.

Reactions: JED
BTW, does this game prove super sonic gets stronger throughout the series? Considering the strength of a couple of beings in the game.
Or is it better to headcanon it as sonic just being able to use more power from the emeralds the longer the series progresses.
If base Sonic is stronger and Super Sonic gets the same boost of power from the emeralds then Super will obviously be stronger. The thing is that doesn't happen very often

plus I personally only mean 3rd titan and above. I explicitly mention the 3rd one because of these points:

The description on when you fight the first 2 titans:

giganto: “Sonic cannot match GIGANTO’s power… yet. Reach GIGANTO’s head to transform into Super Sonic”

wyvern: “Sonic is not yet ready to defeat WYVERN. To turn into Super Sonic to defeat WYVERN, get to higher ground and reach it using the homing attack”

But with the third titan, Tails and the game itself are not sure if Super Sonic can take on the Knight, and tails has seen super sonic and burning blaze fighting the egg wizard. The description for the Knight is also this.

knight: “Sonic must transform into Super Sonic in order to stand a chance against KNIGHT”, it goes on but that’s the only important part.

So the titans do have a pecking order, and the 3rd titan seems to be decently stronger than the first and second. While the 4th was strong enough to fight off “THE END” to an extend, and helped sonic defeat it when Sage was controlling it. The gap between them seems rather decent, regardless of the fact that all 4 were build to combat the same thing.

Plus super sonic has things he hasn’t used before as super sonic. Could be the case he actually gets stronger cause he refined his super state.

Analysis of the Frontiers' data seems to indicate that there are still 4 DLC's planned to be released.

Does anyone expect to see anything big or just more costumes? The Japanese version has some extra emotes, maybe they could release them here

SEGA of Japan is also hiring new people to work on Sonic
Funny that they decided to finally expand the team... after releasing a rushed game that clearly didn't have enough staff to work on it even more considering the limited development time.

Analysis of the Frontiers' data seems to indicate that there are still 4 DLC's planned to be released.

Does anyone expect to see anything big or just more costumes? The Japanese version has some extra emotes, maybe they could release them here

I'd personally love Super Sonic in the overworld and a Boss Rush mode

I am hoping for at least another island with a snow theme to it as many other people have hoped for, but you know what I want most? A NG+ mode which carries skills and upgrades over in exchange for tougher enemies.
The combat in this game is already insanely fun, but when you have everything so having to go back to square one on new playthroughs it sucks

So I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone yet, but during the fight with The End it makes an interesting statement:
It states that the Titans were only able to defeat it by manipulating time and space, creating a new "reality" and sealing The End in there. Would that be used in correlation with them being able to fight Super Sonic in their AP justification or is it only hax? Though if it's hax then it's gotta be decently potent

So I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone yet, but during the fight with The End it makes an interesting statement:
It states that the Titans were only able to defeat it by manipulating time and space, creating a new "reality" and sealing The End in there. Would that be used in correlation with them being able to fight Super Sonic in their AP justification or is it only hax? Though if it's hax then it's gotta be decently potent
They are talking about Cyberspace. The Titans sealed The End inside it

Creating Cyberspace would actually be another Universal feat for the Chaos Emeralds due to its infinite size, so that’s neat

It wasn’t even all 7 that did that, just a couple could power an infinite size universe. You can really feel the disconnect between author intent and actuality.

Back